• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,705 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

Jobcentre was set targets for benefit sanctions
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#2 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

Nothing shocks me about this government now. People were so desperate the vote them in based on what was going on at the time, one of the biggest mistakes of modern times in the UK!

#3 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,814 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

me and the wife have paid our tax and insurance for 90 years between us, the wife has come out of work through illness they have stopped her sick pay and refuse to pay anything at all because i am just about working (building trade).

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#4 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,097 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

as well as the effect on perfectly decent people such my missus' wife, i think its appallingly unfair to ask Job centre staff to carry out this grubby inhumane task. They are there to help people.

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 23 March 2013 - 02:36 PM.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#5 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

as well as the effect on perfectly decent people such my missus' wife, i think its appallingly unfair to ask Job centre staff to carry out this grubby inhumane task. They are there to help people.

One would hope so, but in so many spheres of life today, service has become almost a dirty word as organisations are driven to apply box-ticking strategies to "prove" their effectiveness. Some box-ticking is necessary (eg. pre-flight checklists), but much of it is spurious.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#6 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

I was off work for some time due to a pulled tendon and heavy swelling to my wrist. The doctor's note stated this. My last note issued from another doctor at the same medical practice said I was off work due to carpal Tunnel, later amended to say wrist injury. Meanwhile I received modest compensation for Carpal Tunnel, even though I was never off work with it. The problems only happen during the night. That said, the Works and Pensions is taking back my sickness benefits because they say I was off work with Carpal Tunnel. The injury is now cleared up and I am back to work but I still suffer from Carpal Tunnel, until I have an operation. An appeal has gone in over the clawback of money, but still await a reply.

As far as the back-to-work interview and medical examination went, it was a farce.

#7 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

Some are misanthropes and thoroughly enjoy make people suffer... well thats my experience of the job centre!

Cummins Out.

#8 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,097 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

Some are misanthropes and thoroughly enjoy make people suffer... well thats my experience of the job centre!

I don't doubt it for a minute Matt.

but you'd have to be some kid of psychopathic asshole to do that willingly or get any kind of satisfaction form it, or not be thoroughly demoralised by having to do it.
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#9 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

I don't doubt it for a minute Matt.

but you'd have to be some kid of psychopathic asshole to do that willingly or get any kind of satisfaction form it, or not be thoroughly demoralised by having to do it.

Dont get me wrong, there were another lass working there who had genuine difficulty delivering the news passed down from above. I think I got IDS's wife dealing with mine. I went to see if I could get help while I was away from uni with mental health issues... I couldn't so sacked it off as a bad job and sat and waited for uni again, but the hoops they make you jump through!

I was talking to another bloke who was there, it proves its all facts and figures because they wouldn't give him the number for a job he was qualified to do because another company needed a number of vacancies filling.

Demoralising is the aim of the game I think with DWP... evil evil organisation.

Cummins Out.

#10 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,868 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

3 posts deleted, 1 with abuse, 2 quoting or referring to it. It is never acceptable to abuse other forum members.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users