Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Halifax RLFC v Dewsbury Rams - discuss the match here

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

Bus to Fax if full £5.Setting off about 6 H. H and Time Piece.Anybody interested contact Yvonne

Edited by EQUALIZER, 27 March 2013 - 01:15 PM.

#2 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:13 AM

It seems the fax lads are giving it a go.Towns up first on Weds So if that goes ahead might be game on.It seems that under the snow the pitch is good.Theres a hell of a lot of snow to scrape of.

#3 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

Whats weather to be like over weekend, for mondays derby? We really need some warmer weather, crowds are down for all clubs sofar this season, whatever happend to summer rugby?

#4 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

Halifax Town's Home game against Chester City scheduled for tonight is postponed until 25th April.

The council are responsible for the stadium and I can't see them clearing a sport's pitch when quite a lot
of the roads in Halifax are still barely passable.

The Fax supporters where I work say that there is only a very small chance of the game taking place as
the pitch has also been waterlogged a good deal of the time since Christmas and any thaw would not help
this situation.

#5 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

Halifax Town's Home game against Chester City scheduled for tonight is postponed until 25th April.

The council are responsible for the stadium and I can't see them clearing a sport's pitch when quite a lot
of the roads in Halifax are still barely passable.

The Fax supporters where I work say that there is only a very small chance of the game taking place as
the pitch has also been waterlogged a good deal of the time since Christmas and any thaw would not help
this situation.

Good update i took it of their webb site.They said the pitch look good undreneath.Theres too much snow to shift me thinks.

#6 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 993 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

To be honest,if the game is postponed on Thursday,it would give any players carrying knocks a few more days to get fully fit.We would be ready hopefully for the Bulldog on Monday,two games over Easter is not what you need when we don't have the biggest squads.

#7 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:24 AM

Fax calling for all hands on deck.It seems their confident they can get it on.Hope their not going to leave it to last minute to decide.When peoples hired transport booked shifts etc.

#8 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

Cant see the game been on at all
as things are and whats to come over the weekend will be surprised if the game against the dogs will be on.

personally regroup fix problems and hit the ground running after the bad weather spell
we didnt become a bad team overnight
and we can to playing better.

#9 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

Anyone know when a decision is being made?

#10 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:03 AM

To be honest,if the game is postponed on Thursday,it would give any players carrying knocks a few more days to get fully fit.We would be ready hopefully for the Bulldog on Monday,two games over Easter is not what you need when we don't have the biggest squads.

Iv said this to afew of our fans already. Hope easter mondays games on though and more so, cant wait for this horrible cold winter to go...

#11 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

I Think we will be lucky to get Mondays match on.Rhino must think hes facing a wounded Ram and sees the chance for a kill.

#12 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

I think a problem with The Shay is even in summer its a cold stadium. not really looking forward to standing in a cold stadium watching the game on a cold thursday night after rushing home from work. I cant see the players looking forward to freezing to death either.. Whats happend to summer rugby ha?

#13 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

Ref going to inspect the pitch sometime this aft.Just spoke to their office they remain confident.They hadnt heard about the switch to Friday.

Edited by EQUALIZER, 27 March 2013 - 01:18 PM.

#14 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 993 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

Halifax are giving away free tickets to people who helps clear the snow up to seven tonight !!

#15 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:57 AM

I think a problem with The Shay is even in summer its a cold stadium. not really looking forward to standing in a cold stadium watching the game on a cold thursday night after rushing home from work. I cant see the players looking forward to freezing to death either.. Whats happend to summer rugby ha?

Agree. Hope its off. Too cold (and too expensive at their place) to go ond watch and enjoy and the team would definetly benefit from the extended break.

#16 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

Game is on. 7.45 ko

#17 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

Game is on. 7.45 ko

######....................

#18 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

whos off tonight? still 2 or 3 seats left on our bus if anyone else wants to come?

#19 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

Im passing

;)

thought of losing £18 & watching my team
beaten into the ground...

is far from appealing...sorry for been doom & gloom......but i just cant see owt but a defeat

halifax 54 Dewsbury 10.....if were lucky :(

#20 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

Leeds v Bradford in a warm living room is just a tad more enticing than a freezing cold thrashing at the Shay.

Hope I'm wrong about the result ;)

Edited by funkmaster flex, 28 March 2013 - 01:22 PM.

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users