Halifax RLFC v Dewsbury Rams - discuss the match here

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:14 PM

Well that was a waste of a nights holiday should have gone to work, it was EMBARRASSING, we were useless.
The left side of the team were pathetic, didn't tackle never chased back.
I hope it gets sorted soon or we will get beaten by an amateur side in the challenge cup, we made Halifax look good.
Anybody know anything about the injuries to Brown and Coleman, how serious etc cannot afford to lose these two.
Having serious doubts about watching on Monday.
We have the same problems every week and never learn from them come on boys show some heart and pride in what your doing.

#62 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

The injury situation is terrible , we are struggling to put out a team on monday . four players should have been off the field second half last night but there was nobody fit to come on .

#63 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,105 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

Let coolie av a shirt :) it will take our lads a couple of minutes to run round him!,

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#64 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

Def far too early to be talking about sackings. I think the tinkering with DR hasn't helped but would we have won the early matches without O'Brien ? The lack of experience is a big prob now things are going badly and we could blame glen for that, but the injuries haven't helped. I don't think it's a coincidence that our form has fallen off since Hepworth got injured. We are also missing Austin, not least because we haven't got anyone even half capable of being the captain. What I can't really understand is why the defence has suddenly gone to pot. It was looking pretty solid for the first few games.

This is where the anti DR brigade from fev and fax et al turn round and say told you so - and they'd probably be right, because the situation with the DR's over easter was always going to arise. TBH its far too early to be calling for GM's head - unfortunately he seems to have inherited the Dewsbury curse of losing key players to injury. Still think he signed too many kids, but it doesn't alter the fact he has been unlucky with injuries and with the recall of the DR's.
Lets be honest, how many of us really believed we were going to be top six contenders at the start of the season - not many I'll bet, so I'd say lets be patient and hope we can turn things around. Been a bit of a reality check for us after such a good start, but I stand by my belief that we will avoid relegation (the main aim) and that there is still a chance that hope will not merely be disappointment deferred.

a

#65 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

I Cant get registered as its the easter weekend
so glenns just gonna have to cope without me

oh well maybe next time ;)

Could you play under a pseudonym i.e. Roger the Ram!

#66 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

Too late Eddie, Roger did as best he could last night!

For those who decided not to go, the weather wasn't that cold (wish it had been thought and the game could have been called off) and I had a nice cosy home to which I could return and then watch the Leeds-Bradford game.

We were terrible with our left side defence in the second half and so sllllowwww in passing the ball in what might be euphemistically called attack. We had a total lack of leadership again. Some people at half time thought the score was reasonable, but I knew different and this was confirmed, for me anyway, after three minutes of the second half when they scored. So it went on; Halifax scored a couple of tries from forward passes we believe, but that made no difference.

Can't find any positives from this match.
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#67 Karen88

Karen88
  • Coach
  • 199 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

I spoke to Fax fullback Heaton and ask why he didn't score hahaha
REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM

#68 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,105 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

Well that's an easy one! It must be coz he's rubbish! Even my granny could put points on the rams at the moment! Only Fev are on a worse run of form at the mo :lol:

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#69 Karen88

Karen88
  • Coach
  • 199 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

He was asleep under the posts lad :wub:
REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM

#70 seanfax

seanfax
  • Players
  • 57 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

probs because heaton aint fax full back fieldhouse is and he scored 2 ;)

#71 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

York beat Fev with a scratch side no drs etc, ??????????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users