Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Anybody watching Cricket?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:51 AM

Dewsbury Rams scarf behind the batsman

Posted Image

Just thought id share.

Cummins Out.

#2 ricochet

ricochet
  • Players
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:37 AM

You were brave staying up late to watch that , 43 runs in 29 overs yawn! Good spot of the scarf though
Ricochet!

#3 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:10 AM

I'd rather watch paint dry. This post has got no place on a 'rugby league' forum. Lol

#4 legin

legin
  • Players
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:54 AM

suspect Simon Kerr , Ram supporter went to live in NZ posted several times on this forum he helped set up a dozen or years ago ?

#5 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

You were brave staying up late to watch that , 43 runs in 29 overs yawn! Good spot of the scarf though

Its my brother whos the cricket fanatic, I was up late playing around with Photoshop, he saw it so thought id post it onto here, you dont see many RL related things at these international events.

Cummins Out.

#6 Simon Kerr

Simon Kerr
  • Coach
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

Good guess Legin... I put the scarf up, although it only lasted one day before someone nicked it!! Never knew there was that much demand for Rams merchandise in Auckland!
Posted Image

#7 BirstallDog

BirstallDog
  • Coach
  • 753 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

and the cheeky ossett albion scarf last night.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#8 Simon Kerr

Simon Kerr
  • Coach
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:43 PM

yeah... I moved the Albion scar from another location after the Rams scarf went missing overnight!! I'm blaming a hit squad from Batley Bulldogs!!
Posted Image

#9 BirstallDog

BirstallDog
  • Coach
  • 753 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:19 AM

i should have been there Simon. Very envious. However i will be up at crown flatts watching the dogs beat the rams in sub zero temperature....Happy days

#10 BirstallDog

BirstallDog
  • Coach
  • 753 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:30 AM

I understand Simon that John and Janet Virr are out there..John has a tendancy to carry out such terrible acts..

#11 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,469 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

i should have been there Simon. Very envious. However i will be up at crown flatts watching the dogs beat the rams in sub zero temperature....Happy days

I don't know if anyone's told you but we've moved you know?

;)
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#12 BirstallDog

BirstallDog
  • Coach
  • 753 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

I don't know if anyone's told you but we've moved you know?

thanks BSJ. i am a bit of a traditionalist. I was at the last game at crown flatts when at half time a dews supporter came over the fence from the long stand to have a go at the mew housing developer in the bottom corner(long stand side)who was posing for a photo shoot..happy days eh BSJ ?

;)

#13 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

Is that when dewsbury wer good? I'm only 58 so I am not old enough to remember dewsbury's glory days :)

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#14 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

Champions in 2000 is hardly the dim and distant past B)
Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#15 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

Can somebody just remind me last time batley where champions ?... cos its the only thing ive ever typed into google and got no results found...must some kind of mistake cos i was sure they had won it more than wigan !! ...along with the 8 challenge cup victorys & 6 floodlight trophies 4 john player cup wins....oh not let forget the big one...mickey mouse northern cr.ap cup ;)

batley fans legends in their own g-strings

piggy dont you get tired of talking tosh ;)

yerv more waffle that blackpool sea front :)

#16 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

Can somebody just remind me last time batley where champions ?... cos its the only thing ive ever typed into google and got no results found...must some kind of mistake cos i was sure they had won it more than wigan !! ...along with the 8 challenge cup victorys & 6 floodlight trophies 4 john player cup wins....oh not let forget the big one...mickey mouse northern cr.ap cup ;)

batley fans legends in their own g-strings

piggy dont you get tired of talking tosh ;)

yerv more waffle that blackpool sea front :)

Advantage coolie :lol:

#17 BirstallDog

BirstallDog
  • Coach
  • 753 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:35 PM

coolie i apologise for causing such bad feeling on your forum.

were you there at the last dewsbury game at crown flatts ? i was. and present at every other major dewsbury game from the 1960's..

both our clubs need our support....

#18 mahtsalleh

mahtsalleh
  • Players
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:36 AM

Piggy's Mate, you would have been about 16/17 when Dewsbury beat Leeds at Odsal to win the (actual) Championship.
The real "glory day".
Surely you can remember that - even if you weren't there??!!
As for the scarf in New Zealand, at least there was a Yorkshireman at the crease at the time.
I wouldn't even deam of saying this if I was taking about Rugby (either code), but the Kiwis were deparately unlucky not to win the Test series.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users