Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Town V haven predictions.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

how much better will it be to have matty and callum on the pitch together though? surely the coaches will swap callum to 7 so that we get the maximum out of 2 of our better players.

it has been said that we are getting from A to B through the forwards its just getting to C as in creating things in good field position is the issue so maybe with Matty and callum we could see things click into place.

#22 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,707 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

After both teams have felt the impact of having Mr Stokes referee our games we have on Friday probably the best of the younger referees in charge - Mr C Leatherbarrow

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#23 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

Hello H4E I can see your name in red as I type. Nice to see your interested in your illustrious neighbours!!!
It will be a very close game this season, no doubt our neighbours will be even more confident than last season. They have improved their pack but so have we. Derbies are so unpredictable but I don't see any reason why we can't win it. No doubt the boys on deludedfans.com will be predicting wins as they did against Halifax among others. I just hope the ref doesn't decide it one way or the other in such an important game but we could have had a worse ref for sure. I hope we get a big gate for the best teams that have played each other for years.
My prediction 26 - 22. with an 1800 gate!!
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#24 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

Easy 3 points town come lets not make a fool ov ourselfs lets put this game to bed wid a easy win n 3 points happy easter happy days up the town miller will get 3 tries n mom will be carter coz he loves this type ov game carter first try and M O M

#25 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

the key to this game will be in the forwards and i feel we can out muscle them in the down the middle. Acton, coward, Walne, dowes, stack and Philips can do the business for us.

#26 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

ican never predict these games lol,just looking for a Town win.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#27 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

I hope your being sarcastic Keith , it was him who fell on his backside and gave the try that never was not long back , and has
been calamitous in other games . But then again they're all so rank he still might be the best !

Edited by DavidM, 25 March 2013 - 04:35 PM.

#28 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,707 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

I wasn't meaning to be sarcastic David but I did say better of the younger referees. Last season and this I think of the refs that I have seen live or on television from this group he is the better of them, mind there's not a lot to choose between them - Turley, Thomason, Stokes, Childs and Leatherbarrow.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#29 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

Maybe it's sepia tinted memory but refs did seem better , and a lot less whistle happy , years back .
I dunno !

#30 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:37 PM

Surely we are owed a decision or two from Mr Leatherbarrow though this time!
To be honest IMO he isn't the worse ref even given the falling over farce as he should have been helped out by his assistants when he is rolling a#se over t*t.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#31 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:36 PM

Oh god yes , that linesman just stood there staring at him ... Erm thanks for the help pal !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users