Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Team for haven and predictions

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#21 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 275 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

Matty is ready and will play. Decision will be on stack Morris and calders on Thursday night, 2 I think will be play the least likely is Morris, if Morris is not fit Lawton will get the call he'll also be training Thursday
bluewhitearmy

#22 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

I'd have Lawton in the 17 anyway

#23 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

Matty is ready and will play. Decision will be on stack Morris and calders on Thursday night, 2 I think will be play the least likely is Morris, if Morris is not fit Lawton will get the call he'll also be training Thursday

If Calders and Stack make it where do you see them playing Adam ?? in the centre's to cover Morris , who would move to the wing ?

Edited by wonderofwood, 26 March 2013 - 06:40 PM.

#24 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

If Calders and Stack make it where do you see them playing Adam ?? in the centre's to cover Morris , who would move to the wing ?

Connor and mossop in the centres Lawton to cover for thacks. coyle and lupton in the halves is my guess.

#25 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

I'd go Forber n Lupton if our Aussie Queensland Cup winner is still exiled in the centres . He's been showing decent form
and his goal kicking could count here . Not that id give you much of an argument , neithers the answer.Callum Phillips coming off the bench to rip up big fellas like Martins and Pora ,
with Matty hopefully doing the same to start ( or vice versa - the main point is to get our scooters running up the guts ).
Lawton has to figure , he's a real impact player . Bench strength wins games , you need impact there . A quick dummy half and Lawton & Acton give that .

Edited by DavidM, 26 March 2013 - 07:33 PM.

#26 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

I'd go Forber n Lupton if our Aussie Queensland Cup winner is still exiled in the centres . He's been showing decent form
and his goal kicking could count here . Not that id give you much of an argument , neithers the answer.Callum Phillips coming off the bench to rip up big fellas like Martins and Pora ,
with Matty hopefully doing the same to start ( or vice versa - the main point is to get our scooters running up the guts ).
Lawton has to figure , he's a real impact player .

I'd play him at loose forward and leave Phillips and Stack in the second row, the lad isn't just a big unit he has cracking pair of hands and the brain to go with it. Believe or not he used to play stand off .

#27 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

Lawton has to figure , he's a real impact player .

I think your doing Brett Carter a dis-service on the goal kicking front there David. Is Forber better than Brett as I think Brett has more than stepped up to the mark. It's kicking out of hand we need to improve on. Remember the Holt kicking masterclass against the Jam which included a drop out from between the sticks that went the full length of the field and went dead behind their goal? That's what we could do with again!
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#28 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

I'd play him at loose forward and leave Phillips and Stack in the second row, the lad isn't just a big unit he has cracking pair of hands and the brain to go with it. Believe or not he used to play stand off .

Yeah I'd believe that, he also has good feet for a big lad.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#29 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

Yeh fair enough . The in play kicking is a great point , as I said look at Black . It's so important in the modern game - a good
kicker is the string puller who controls the match .

#30 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

olstrum is playing really well at 13. so if he is available i think he will start at 13. Adam lawton to impact off the bench.

#31 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

Yeh fair enough . The in play kicking is a great point , as I said look at Black . It's so important in the modern game - a good

Need to improve ten fold in that area , some of the short grubber kicking from Lupton was okay last week when in good field position but you really struggle with the 5th tackle play when the kick needs to be longer

#32 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,707 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

When we were after Connor in November it was said that he was a stand-off with a good kicking game!!!!!! Do you think we will ever see this?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#33 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

Do we think Stack will make it then ?

#34 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

olstrum is playing really well at 13. so if he is available i think he will start at 13. Adam lawton to impact off the bench.

oh yes forgot about olstrum he has been playing well , is he available this week??

#35 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

When Morris and then Rooney back surely then Keith . You'd think he's filling in with the lack in numbers at centre
but more than enough halves ....Surely !!!!

#36 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

Need to improve ten fold in that area , some of the short grubber kicking from Lupton was okay last week when in good field position but you really struggle with the 5th tackle play when the kick needs to be longer

yeah we need to improve kicking from hand. too many kicks were straight into the full backs hands against batley. we gotta turn the full back more.

#37 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

When Morris and then Rooney back surely then Keith . You'd think he's filling in with the lack in numbers at centre
but more than enough halves ....Surely !!!!

If you keep Rooney quite David I'm confident you will win. He pulls all the strings for haven without Him they would struggle big time.

#38 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

If you keep Rooney quite David I'm confident you will win. He pulls all the strings for haven without Him they would struggle big time.

we need to be wise to his quick drop outs which he puts into touch. we need to keep him quiet he is for me the only haven player i would have at town but for me this is mainly a forward battle.

#39 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

we need to be wise to his quick drop outs which he puts into touch. we need to keep him quiet he is for me the only haven player i would have at town but for me this is mainly a forward battle.

The problem with Rooney is he just isn't good with ball in hand and his kicking game. He also marshals his troops very well and gets the best out of them.

Edited by thundergaz, 26 March 2013 - 08:40 PM.

#40 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

The problem with Rooney is he just isn't good with ball in hand and his kicking game. He also marshals his troops very well and gets the best out of them.

yeah gaz he should be playing for one of the top 5 in this league

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users