Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Team for haven and predictions

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#41 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

yeah gaz he should be playing for one of the top 5 in this league

He wants an easy life mate that's why he left wakey. If he was with a top 5 team he would be put through his paces and he doesn't want that anymore.

#42 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

I can just hear the haven fans ... ' he is with a top 5 team ' !!! He is the key for them though and we snuff him out by
getting on top in the forward battle and giving him scraps to feed off .

Edited by DavidM, 26 March 2013 - 08:51 PM.

#43 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 852 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

Connor won be at half back for this encounter

#44 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

Is everyone nervous or something? I've never seen the forum so quiet :D The club need to be cranking the build up - up as we haven't had any tempters from them this week.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#45 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

no not nervous. quietly confident. its simple we perform like we can we have enough to beat them lot. its a derby so we have to do the business. we can only beat ourselves by not performing but i feel we will be fine. no doubt the troll will copy and paste this onto deluded.com

#46 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:56 PM

hows the weather holding up ?? and danger of it getting postponed ?

#47 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

hows the weather holding up ?? and danger of it getting postponed ?

its very cold in west cumbria but no snow or ground frost so far. As things stand it should be on.

#48 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:59 AM

like a spring day today. actually quite mild.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#49 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

Always nervous before the derby ... Love it and hate it in equal measures ! Purely because the stakes are so high and you daren't lose ... Feel better when we're toddling off home with three points in the pocket !

#50 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

Always nervous before the derby ... Love it and hate it in equal measures ! Purely because the stakes are so high and you daren't lose ... Feel better when we're toddling off home with three points in the pocket !

I know what you mean David. Hopefully our injuries won't affect us too much and we can keep our run going. It would be very nice to have Matty and Stack back, Thacks will also be a big miss. But even if they are all missing we can still do it.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#51 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:54 AM

Matty Stack and Thacks are probably our three best players in most fans eyes, if we manage to win without them it will be even more sweeter. No doubt having them missing will make the haven players and fans more confident of beating us, but let's not forget we managed to beat them on a couple of occasions last year with a weakened team, and with haven massive favourites.

Here's hoping for a repeat. ;) UP THE TOWN

#52 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

Matty Stack and Thacks are probably our three best players in most fans eyes, if we manage to win without them it will be even more sweeter. No doubt having them missing will make the haven players and fans more confident of beating us, but let's not forget we managed to beat them on a couple of occasions last year with a weakened team, and with haven massive favourites.

Here's hoping for a repeat. ;) UP THE TOWN

Yeah well after being shown the thread on deludedfans.com we are massive underdogs for tomorrow as one of them said it would be easy!! Even H4E/BKM had to try and back away from that comment.

#53 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

Looks like Stackys gonna make it the way he's talking. Get Matty joining him and that would be great.

#54 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

Yeah well after being shown the thread on deludedfans.com we are massive underdogs for tomorrow as one of them said it would be easy!! Even H4E/BKM had to try and back away from that comment.

Some things never change :o They were making the same comments last year, I very much doubt it will be 'easy' for either side. If both teams play to their potential, we should win,end of, but thats a big IF.

#55 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

Looks like Stackys gonna make it the way he's talking. Get Matty joining him and that would be great.

Good news. I'm sure if he's fit enough Matty would love even a 30 min cameo just to get his usual try under the sticks.

#56 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

stack plays tomorrow. fantastic news

#57 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

Wonder if either of Morris or Calders will make it at the last minute ?

Edited by DavidM, 28 March 2013 - 01:09 PM.

#58 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

well hulme is playing so one must definately be missing. i think we can cope without them 2 if stack and matty are back.

#59 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

Yes

#60 goingupthetown

goingupthetown
  • Coach
  • 110 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

Town are -8 on sky bet, personally think it will be closer than that, hope I'm wrong!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users