RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Who will be the suprise team this year in the conference premier

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 neverwas

neverwas
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

Maybe an obvious choice but im going for Egremont

#2 flatfell

flatfell
  • Coach
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:07 AM

Yes agree they are the team to beat

#3 Cumbrian Fanatic

Cumbrian Fanatic
  • Coach
  • 583 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

They've had some good wins and I hope you're both right but this weekends game against The Brow will give a real indication

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

#4 flatfell

flatfell
  • Coach
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

The Mont to win by 20

#5 leighminers

leighminers
  • Coach
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

The Mont to win by 20

Bit of a bold statement, id be surprised if wath brow lost a game with 20 all year especially in a local derby

#6 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

I don't think any team could be judged to be the surprise team, the standard of the teams coming in to the Premier Division is high, this is born out of the fact that it is so tough to get out of Div 1. Dudley Hill and Hunslet Warriors would have been most peoples nailed on favs for promotion last season but both got pipped at the post. Also a protmoted side has reached the GF in each of the last 2 seasons so to see it happen again wouldn't be a surprise in my opinion.

Egremont have obviously made a good start and look a quality outfit, they will do very well to sustain it for the season, as will any team - newly promoted or established contenders, every team will have a dip in form throughout the year. It is too competitive a league to be picking winners this far out. The only thing i'll predict is that it'll be tight and the team that finishes top will lose at least 6 games also a team will get relegated with 20 points.

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users