• 515 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:38 AM

Any 1 no if matty is fit for friday

#2 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,847 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

I doubt it, and its not the kind of game we should be risking anyone who isn't 100% match fit in no matter how good he is.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#3 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:34 AM

i doubt the club would say one way or another to keep the jam guessing. if he is fit i could see him starting on the bench.

#4 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,799 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

Get him in !! Give everyone a boost . Surely this is what they've been aiming for . We need to win and he's our man .

Edited by DavidM, 25 March 2013 - 08:54 AM.

#5 browlad

browlad
  • Players
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:01 AM

Any 1 no if matty is fit for friday

No

#6 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,433 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:01 AM

i would be very shocked if matty dosent play. i dont think we would play him if he wasnt 100% but we also need to start winning games and this is a must win. hold matty back further and we could end up regretting it. in my opinion this is the perfect game to test the water, we did with elliot and he looked as though hed never been away.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#7 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,847 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

Get him in !! Give everyone a boost . Surely this is what they've been aiming for . We need to win and he's our man .

It'd be foolish in the extreme to risk him in a derby match if he is not 100%, especially as Haven will undoubtedly target him for the full treatment. If its a choice between missing this game and being available for the rest of the season then its a no-brainer really.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#8 ChunkyOnion

ChunkyOnion
  • Coach
  • 120 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

It'd be foolish in the extreme to risk him in a derby match if he is not 100%, especially as Haven will undoubtedly target him for the full treatment. If its a choice between missing this game and being available for the rest of the season then its a no-brainer really.

This, exactly this!
Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

#9 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,799 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:23 AM

If he's susceptible to injury it could happen any game .... Look at the Oldham game .If he's anywhere near I guess he'll want to play . Noones talking of unnecessary risk at 75% , but the stakes are so high now , if he's close he's gotta feature . Only he'll know .

Edited by DavidM, 25 March 2013 - 09:25 AM.

#10 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

it would be nice to see matty atleast come off the bench but if he isn't ready then i still think if our pack performs we have enough to beat them lot @ DP. one half decent performance yesterday and all of sudden their pack is "as good if not better than ours".

#11 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,799 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

Star says no Morris or Calders . I hope we see Hulme fit in the centres , Connor shifted infield and someone like Patrick on the wing ,but I have a sneaky suspicion it'll be Connor again in the centre with the same old halves and Hulme still on the wing , as we don't really like change much !

Edited by DavidM, 25 March 2013 - 11:53 AM.

#12 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 281 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

Matty will play
bluewhitearmy

#13 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

Star says no Morris or Calders . I hope we see Hulme fit in the centres , Connor shifted infield and someone like Patrick on the wing ,but I have a sneaky suspicion it'll be Connor again in the centre with the same old halves and Hulme still on the wing , as we don't really like change much !

with the way Widnes's outside backs performed on saturday - Hulme could be in the centre's against Warrington and you can have Isa :lol:

I have also heard that Whitehaven may have quite a few new players making there debut ;)

Edited by wonderofwood, 25 March 2013 - 12:06 PM.

#14 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,799 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

I've got an ISA cheers anyway .... Oh yes I was thinking the old dual reg might come to the fore in this one .

Edited by DavidM, 25 March 2013 - 12:14 PM.

#15 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,433 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

i hope they bring in plenty because its shown in the past that the team with the more locals usually comes out on top as they understand the passion and importance of these games.

#16 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

i hope they bring in plenty because its shown in the past that the team with the more locals usually comes out on top as they understand the passion and importance of these games.

Gaskell, GreenWood,Makinson,Hand and Speakman - I wouldnt wish to hard

#17 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,433 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

in that same article it says town came close to getting a bp off halifax, pretty darn close i would say as we actually got one. seriously who writes there ######. as for the injuries tbey have just copied and pasted from fridays paper do i would take that with a pinch of salt as well.

#18 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,799 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

If that happens their true colours , desperation and complete hypocrisy will be their for the world to see.

Edited by DavidM, 25 March 2013 - 12:42 PM.

#19 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

If that happens their true colours , desperation and complete hypocrisy will be their for the world to see.

it would be great to hear from Mr Haven4ever"OCD with town" on them playing 5 dual reg given his opinion on it so far and calling me widnes4me on deludedfans.com

#20 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,433 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

Gaskell, GreenWood,Makinson,Hand and Speakman - I wouldnt wish to hard

i doubt that they will have all of them playing when they have only used 1 or 2 per game this season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users