TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Is matty fit to v the jam

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

it would be great to hear from Mr Haven4ever"OCD with town" on them playing 5 dual reg given his opinion on it so far and calling me widnes4me on deludedfans.com

it would be great to hear from Mr Haven4ever"OCD with town" on them playing 5 dual reg given his opinion on it so far and calling me widnes4me on deludedfans.com

Now why should we be interested in what h4e thinks? We know he trawls through forums looking for Town fans quotes so he can re-print them on their forum but if that floats his boat then so be it.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#22 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

Now why should we be interested in what h4e thinks? We know he trawls through forums looking for Town fans quotes so he can re-print them on their forum but if that floats his boat then so be it.

yeah your right kt. i'ev decided to vacate Deludedfans.com as i'm starting to sound like him and there is so much rubbish on there now. they change their minds like the weather changes. i feel sorry for them. no doubt he will copy and paste this on there too lol.

#23 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

Let them get who they want we will still p iss all over the jam eaten gets hahaha

#24 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:31 PM

I'm only having a bit of fun boys - love banter me :lol: back to being serious , Havens performance's so far this year have been nowhere near the standard that's being produced at DP. Only in the second half against Fev did they show any sort of rugby so far this season. Really looking forward to experiencing my first true Cumbrian derby . Lets hope you come out on the right side and I can wind up one of my old best mates who's from Haven.

#25 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

I'm only having a bit of fun boys - love banter me :lol: back to being serious , Havens performance's so far this year have been nowhere near the standard that's being produced at DP. Only in the second half against Fev did they show any sort of rugby so far this season. Really looking forward to experiencing my first true Cumbrian derby . Lets hope you come out on the right side and I can wind up one of my old best mates who's from Haven.

First half against us they were dire in the second half. They can only play for 50-60 mins what I saw anyway. If they are not in front by at least 12 points in the last 20 mins they will lose.

#26 Good Old Days

Good Old Days
  • Players
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:09 PM

Thundergaz, not sure how they played against Fev, but they were losing 20-10 at Barrow with 20 to go so I'm not sure what you makes any sense1

#27 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

Thundergaz, not sure how they played against Fev, but they were losing 20-10 at Barrow with 20 to go so I'm not sure what you makes any sense1

I can't comment on any other game just what I saw. Ok they were playing arguably the best and fittest team in the league but they were out on there feet after 60 mins of our game against them.

Edited by thundergaz, 25 March 2013 - 03:14 PM.

#28 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

only because barrow are a bit rubbish at the mo

#29 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

yeah your right kt. i'ev decided to vacate Deludedfans.com as i'm starting to sound like him and there is so much rubbish on there now. they change their minds like the weather changes. i feel sorry for them. no doubt he will copy and paste this on there too lol.

ha that post has been put on our forum la bit embarrasing at times if you ask me

#30 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

ha that post has been put on our forum la bit embarrasing at times if you ask me

yeah Donald i'm turning into haven4ever so i'm having a break off deluded.com. the man should be embarrassed really as he is something else. yeah he likes his copying and pasting off here. i wish i had as much time to troll through old posts as he does. we just need to concentrate on town as we have enough to beat whitehaven on Friday.

#31 haven94

haven94
  • Coach
  • 328 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

if and when matty does return good luck to him class player. i for one was gutted when we didnt get him back at haven.

#32 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

How's Newton doing there ?

#33 haven94

haven94
  • Coach
  • 328 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

getting better had a great game at barrow last week

#34 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

Yeah he looked a likely lad in a short spell .

#35 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

We made him and their team look good in the final 20 mins David.....they are a poor outfit (only trouble is we were even worse, lol) and if you play like you did in the 2nd half against the Raiders you will batter them !

Rooneys kicking game is their best offensive weapon...stop that and they are buggered.

Lee

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#36 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

Yes lee that is a major factor , especially when ours isnt up to scratch . He has long and short attacking kicks and that little trick of running when your expecting a kick ! But as we seen last year he can't be effective if we get on top in the arm wrestle , and we have done consistently . I just worry about our ability to put points on the board on the back of it .

Edited by DavidM, 26 March 2013 - 03:02 PM.

#37 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

We made him and their team look good in the final 20 mins David.....they are a poor outfit (only trouble is we were even worse, lol) and if you play like you did in the 2nd half against the Raiders you will batter them !

Rooneys kicking game is their best offensive weapon...stop that and they are buggered.

Lee

yeah morty imo if we perform like we have at home against the eagles and barrow 2nd half we will win. a derby is derby but we have more in our locker than them but we will have to be up for it which i am sure our lads will be.

#38 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:09 PM

We have to find consistency of performance , that's our main problem . We all know our capabilities but none of us can be sure if we're gonna see it and for how long in a game .. 20 mins or 60 mins . That's the coaches and senior players job . To get the team to produce a consistent 80 minutes and find a level week to week . If we produce then we win . Get off to a good start , control the game with our pack and play from in front ... Take a bit of the tension off rather than battling back from 18 down !!

Edited by DavidM, 26 March 2013 - 03:10 PM.

#39 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

We have to find consistency of performance , that's our main problem . We all know our capabilities but none of us can be sure if we're gonna see it and for how long in a game .. 20 mins or 60 mins . That's the coaches and senior players job . To get the team to produce a consistent 80 minutes and find a level week to week . If we produce then we win . Get off to a good start , control the game with our pack and play from in front ... Take a bit of the tension off rather than battling back from 18 down !!

yeah i agree David. one of the things newly promoted teams to this league have to adapt to is playing the full 80minutes. you could possibly get away with it in C1 but not in this league especially against the top 5.

#40 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

yeah i agree David. one of the things newly promoted teams to this league have to adapt to is playing the full 80minutes. you could possibly get away with it in C1 but not in this league especially against the top 5.

Thats been our problem in every single game this season so far and until the full 80 is covered we stand a huge chance of losing most games even if we have a purple patch in each half !

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users