Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Wire's latest fan is....

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 720 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:09 AM

https://twitter.com/...1198464/photo/1

...TeamGB Handballer at London2012 Holly Lam-Moores who attended her first game at the Halliwell Jones on Friday. Holly is a patron of the Warrington Wolves Foundation and judging by her Twitter comment was impressed by what she saw,
"My first rugby experience, these guys are hard as nails! http://instagram.com/p/XLSxjzBcJF/ "
Holly's handballing skills saw the left-winger being snapped up after the Olympics by Viborg who are one of Denmark's best clubs and so led to Holly becoming the first British player to compete in handball's Champions League.
www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#2 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,737 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:42 AM

Excellent, should help us to attract more metrosexual latte commuter ginger types.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#3 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,149 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:58 AM

Excellent, should help us to attract more metrosexual latte commuter ginger types.

I apparently have to go Warrington for work later in the year. I am shuddering as I type this.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#4 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,737 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:07 AM

I apparently have to go Warrington for work later in the year. I am shuddering as I type this.

Not surprised, those UK trains are always cold. Still, on the plus side you're going to go to Warrington.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#5 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,149 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:09 AM

Not surprised, those UK trains are always cold. Still, on the plus side you're going to go to Warrington.

That's it. Gallows humour.
- Severus, July 2012

#6 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

https://twitter.com/hollyhandball3/status/315181282571198464/photo/1

...TeamGB Handballer at London2012 Holly Lam-Moores who attended her first game at the Halliwell Jones on Friday. Holly is a patron of the Warrington Wolves Foundation and judging by her Twitter comment was impressed by what she saw,
"My first rugby experience, these guys are hard as nails! http://instagram.com/p/XLSxjzBcJF/ "
Holly's handballing skills saw the left-winger being snapped up after the Olympics by Viborg who are one of Denmark's best clubs and so led to Holly becoming the first British player to compete in handball's Champions League.

Looks like our Jonty (of this forum) has been spreading the word.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#7 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,149 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

Looks like our Jonty (of this forum) has been spreading the word.

No doubt.

Plus I believe England Handball are based at the Halliwell Jones anyway?
- Severus, July 2012

#8 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

No doubt.

Plus I believe England Handball are based at the Halliwell Jones anyway?

Yes that's where Jonty works
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users