Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Wire's latest fan is....

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 697 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:09 AM

https://twitter.com/...1198464/photo/1

...TeamGB Handballer at London2012 Holly Lam-Moores who attended her first game at the Halliwell Jones on Friday. Holly is a patron of the Warrington Wolves Foundation and judging by her Twitter comment was impressed by what she saw,
"My first rugby experience, these guys are hard as nails! http://instagram.com/p/XLSxjzBcJF/ "
Holly's handballing skills saw the left-winger being snapped up after the Olympics by Viborg who are one of Denmark's best clubs and so led to Holly becoming the first British player to compete in handball's Champions League.
www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#2 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:42 AM

Excellent, should help us to attract more metrosexual latte commuter ginger types.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#3 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,881 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:58 AM

Excellent, should help us to attract more metrosexual latte commuter ginger types.

I apparently have to go Warrington for work later in the year. I am shuddering as I type this.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#4 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:07 AM

I apparently have to go Warrington for work later in the year. I am shuddering as I type this.

Not surprised, those UK trains are always cold. Still, on the plus side you're going to go to Warrington.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#5 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,881 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:09 AM

Not surprised, those UK trains are always cold. Still, on the plus side you're going to go to Warrington.

That's it. Gallows humour.
- Severus, July 2012

#6 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

https://twitter.com/hollyhandball3/status/315181282571198464/photo/1

...TeamGB Handballer at London2012 Holly Lam-Moores who attended her first game at the Halliwell Jones on Friday. Holly is a patron of the Warrington Wolves Foundation and judging by her Twitter comment was impressed by what she saw,
"My first rugby experience, these guys are hard as nails! http://instagram.com/p/XLSxjzBcJF/ "
Holly's handballing skills saw the left-winger being snapped up after the Olympics by Viborg who are one of Denmark's best clubs and so led to Holly becoming the first British player to compete in handball's Champions League.

Looks like our Jonty (of this forum) has been spreading the word.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#7 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,881 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

Looks like our Jonty (of this forum) has been spreading the word.

No doubt.

Plus I believe England Handball are based at the Halliwell Jones anyway?
- Severus, July 2012

#8 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

No doubt.

Plus I believe England Handball are based at the Halliwell Jones anyway?

Yes that's where Jonty works
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users