Good Friday.

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#21 D1029

D1029
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:19 AM

I am getting bored now over 1 hour without any footy.

#22 roughyed8

roughyed8
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

Phoned the office to ask got a maybe on the big screen , having problems with the projector apparently, and the club will be open about 12.30 considering the SL game kicks off at 12.15 I shall be going to a pub to watch.

#23 Guest_Middlefordiddle_*

Guest_Middlefordiddle_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

How come the Club can afford to pay for Sky Sports ( from what I can understand, the fee for showing Sky in a Licenced Premises is a few grand a year)?. Couldn't that money have been spent on better things like decent Terracing for the loyal fans or even working Showers for the players?

#24 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

How come the Club can afford to pay for Sky Sports ( from what I can understand, the fee for showing Sky in a Licenced Premises is a few grand a year)?. Couldn't that money have been spent on better things like decent Terracing for the loyal fans or even working Showers for the players?

Sent you a DM Mate

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#25 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:21 AM

Phoned the office to ask got a maybe on the big screen , having problems with the projector apparently, and the club will be open about 12.30 considering the SL game kicks off at 12.15 I shall be going to a pub to watch.

Sent you a DM Mate

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#26 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

0 - 16 ..need anyone say any more
Posted Image

#27 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

Is the fightback on ??????????? 10 - 16

seems that the coach and team Mr. Hamilton sacked are doing well in their first game . .. 34 - 20 up at Gloucester
Posted Image

#28 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

18 -16 with 10 mins left .........why give a team down to 12 men at one point a 16 poit start ????????????????????
Posted Image

#29 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

spoke too soon 18 - 22
Posted Image

#30 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

now 18 - 28 ..........Oldham . Do not pass go do not collect any points Go straight to the BOTTOM of the League ..... Hemel Top and Oxford 2nd
Posted Image

#31 bigred

bigred
  • Coach
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

New season, new squad - same old merde!!

#32 RunItOffAfi

RunItOffAfi
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

The first half was a disgrace, one man rugby, no heart, no enthusiam and no defence. Hornets were making 60 yards coming uphill on each set of six and then targetting our, once again, suspect right wing with high kicks. How many more tries are we to concede down our right before the coaching staff wake up and do something about it?

In the second half, Adam Files came on and turned the momentum of the game round, to give us an 18-16 lead. Then, lo and behold, Ian Talbot gets his wish as Naylor takes off the player causing Hornets most damage, the aforementioned Files. Is he injured, cos there can be no other explanation for this insane piece of coaching, but no, Files reappears 10 minutes later, when the momentum has switched again, this time decisively to Hornets.

We were very lucky to get a bonus point. Had Hornets taken all their chances, they would have been out of sight. Extremely disappointing display, we only played for about 20 minutes, and you've got to ask whether this coach is any better than the previous one. Some may see this as an over reaction after just one league game, but, with it being a short season, it's already looking like the play offs for us, at best, and our record in those fills no one with any confidence. The crowd for the next home game will be interesting. I'll be there, but how many others? The reaction of the coaching staff to this defeat will also be interesting and expect the usual, stick with us charity appeal from Hamilton.

Edited by RunItOffAfi, 29 March 2013 - 05:48 PM.

#33 Ex-scrumhalf

Ex-scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

First visit for ages. What a chance missed to bring some fans back. Once again I have been let down by all the hype. It was dire stuff. Wind and slope in our favour in the first half and we didn't have the wit to kick them to death down the hill. Nor did we have the wit to throw the ball about and played one man rugby down the centre of the pitch. No play maker in the team. Too much inexperience. Rochdale told us what they were going to do during the week, following their two defeats, and we just ignored the fact that they said they were not going to get into an up the middle struggle and would throw the ball about. They did just that while we played it right up their street and we went behind 16 - 0. That hill was always going to be too much to climb and although we did come back the effort proved too much and the two soft tries were hard to swallow. For me promotion looks as far off as ever unless we invest in some experienced old heads.

#34 RunItOffAfi

RunItOffAfi
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

Experienced old heads. No, we invest in the under 20s instead. I'll ask again, do we really want promotion. If you do, you put all your eggs in the first team basket, and forget the youngsters for a season. Just as an aside, can we not send Palfrey on dual reg to Higginshaw, as, from what I've seen, he brings nothing to the team, does not deserve his place, let alone as captain, and all he seems capable of doing is shouting and swearing. Can someone remind him that this is a family sport.

#35 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 688 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

And why did Dally disappear down the tunnel with 15 mins to go???

Edited by oldham13, 29 March 2013 - 06:06 PM.

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#36 Ex-scrumhalf

Ex-scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

Have to agree that investing in under twenties is a nonsense just now. Get promoted then look at the under twenties once you are consolidated in the higher division. I agree that Palfrey brings little to the team, but an experienced player could tip the balance. Had to smile at the Chron tonight. Hamilton is in again trying to hype up the club, can't blame him for that of course, but the best bit was that he believes Oldham will bring back the fans by "producing winning performances by playing good rugby" So what went wrong today then? I am so disappointed in the manner in which we lost to a side that I would say are far from being good. The team seemed totally clueless for much of the game. The big difference came when Files came on, as mentioned by someone else, but why did it take so long to spot the problem? If we can see it from the sidelines why are the paid employees of the club not able to see it? To add insult to injury Naylor then took him off. Poor team and poor coaching today. It might be Naylor 2 Talbot 1 at the moment but I would gladly swap that for the lost points today. That is IF Hamilton does want promotion??

#37 Shaw Lad

Shaw Lad
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

Oldham will never get out of this league until a money man comes in. BUT the big but is Hamilton will not have anybody
who wants a say in the running of the club. Its a nice little earner as Arthur Daly would say for him.
Location. Shaw, t'uther side ert pennines.

#38 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,215 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

Brilliant...we need to get rid of the mercenary old heads... no wait, we now want a team full of them again...
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#39 Shaw Lad

Shaw Lad
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

Brilliant...we need to get rid of the mercenary old heads... no wait, we now want a team full of them again...

Dual Reg and Kids will never get you out of this Divison. You need a bit of exerience, and that costs money that
Hamilton will not pay
Location. Shaw, t'uther side ert pennines.

#40 Ex-scrumhalf

Ex-scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

No, we don't want a team full of them, we want a team full of fit, strong and enthusiastic young players but they need a couple of really good experienced players to guide them around on the field and old head the opposition. A good out half and a good loose forward are all that's needed. How many teams have we seen get promoted on the strength of one or two outstanding and experienced players doing the damage?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users