- - - - -

"A nasty piece of work ..."

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,188 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

I'm surprised there's any fuss about this. I thought everyone knew that Boris Johnson is a deeply unpleasant man.

He covers it well by being funny and charismatic in a (put on) bumbling sort of way.

#22 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,170 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

Sorry, yes, you're right, I should have said he was a no - mark Scottish reporter. Anyway, he's failed in his attempt to get Marr's job. Boris has said he did a "splendid job". What will that do for Mair's reputation? :lol: :lol: :lol:

see here

Mair gave Andrew Lansley a week's free unquestioned publicity for his disastrous health reforms on the PM programme in early 2011.
I'm sure I read somewhere that after a vigorous exchange on Question Time Johnson physically threatened Ken Livingstone at the end of the programme. He made the threats during the fade out, while on camera appearing to smile and joke with Livingstone.
"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#23 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:31 AM

Also nice to see Boris on the news get in the line inferring the BBC only do hostile interviews against tory's.

#24 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,236 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

I'm sure I read somewhere that after a vigorous exchange on Question Time Johnson physically threatened Ken Livingstone at the end of the programme. He made the threats during the fade out, while on camera appearing to smile and joke with Livingstone.

To me, both of them seem untrustworthy and two faced. I think Livingstone's a bloke that attracts animosity on purpose.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#25 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

Mair gave Andrew Lansley a week's free unquestioned publicity for his disastrous health reforms on the PM programme in early 2011.

I seem to remember an incident in a lift post Newsnight.

LUNEW.jpg

#26 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,170 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

I seem to remember an incident in a lift post Newsnight.

Could have been Newsnight.

#27 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,170 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

To me, both of them seem untrustworthy and two faced. I think Livingstone's a bloke that attracts animosity on purpose.

I think you're right. Had it not been for this tendency I reckon he'd have won last year. People talk of Boris's charisma in winning against the national trend - I reckon it was dislike of Livingstone (plus a local media campaign against him) that lost it for him against the national trend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users