RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Premier sports

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

Just wondered if they would be covering 2 games this weekend? If so which 2 games are they and what days?

#2 Bazzer

Bazzer
  • Players
  • 88 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

Only game scheduled for this coming weekend is Easter Monday South Wales Scorpions V North Wales Crusaders @1500 hrs

#3 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

Only game scheduled for this coming weekend is Easter Monday South Wales Scorpions V North Wales Crusaders @1500 hrs

It makes you laugh doesn't it. A massive weekend of RL and they televise one game and its not even a champ game ridiculous.

#4 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

Can't win either way can they.
Posted Image

#5 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,710 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

It makes you laugh doesn't it. A massive weekend of RL and they televise one game and its not even a champ game ridiculous.

Give over with the mock outrage.

Cummins Out.

#6 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

Give over with the mock outrage.

I wouldn't mind matt but its probably the biggest weekend of the year for RL and they cover one game and its not even the champ. No wonder we can't get outsiders interested in our game.(although I doubt many people subscribe to premier unless they are rugby fans anyway) but you know what I mean.

Edited by thundergaz, 25 March 2013 - 02:15 PM.

#7 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,439 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

The Town v Haven match was scheduled for Good Friday but Premier Sports wanted a 5 .15pm kick off but the Police objected because on GoodFriday, Easter Tuesday and the following Saturday they have what is known as "Uppies and Downies". This is one of those ancient games where anything goes andno rules apply and those games always start at 6pm just a few hundred yards from the Town ground. The PS couldn't fit in at any other time and cancelled thematch from their schedule.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#8 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

The Town v Haven match was scheduled for Good Friday but Premier Sports wanted a 5 .15pm kick off but the Police objected because on GoodFriday, Easter Tuesday and the following Saturday they have what is known as "Uppies and Downies". This is one of those ancient games where anything goes andno rules apply and those games always start at 6pm just a few hundred yards from the Town ground. The PS couldn't fit in at any other time and cancelled thematch from their schedule.

That's a shame Keith as I would of liked to watch that game. It's arguably the tie of the weekend.

#9 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 4,983 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

Just wondered if they would be covering 2 games this weekend? If so which 2 games are they and what days?

I would just love them to give you prior warning that your subscription is about to lapse, instead of letting you find out with a message on your TV screen telling you so, and no match recorded.
Im Fev and im proud

#10 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

I would just love them to give you prior warning that your subscription is about to lapse, instead of letting you find out with a message on your TV screen telling you so, and no match recorded.

I know what you mean mo I got that this morning that's why I asked to see if their was any rugby on this weekend. Now I know I might just wait to renew it 😄😄😄.

Edited by thundergaz, 25 March 2013 - 02:37 PM.

#11 sharloRover

sharloRover
  • Coach
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

I know what you mean mo I got that this morning that's why I asked to see if their was any rugby on this weekend. Now I know I might just wait to renew it .

When you renew use NUTS6 code and you get 6 months for £30

#12 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

Threatened to cancel my subs, Maureen. Gave me the next three months at £3-90 pm..

#13 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

When you renew use NUTS6 code and you get 6 months for £30

Thanks for that sharlo will do cheers.

#14 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

Been on £3. Something since they tried to put the price up last year. Told them to shove it as how could they justify a +20% price rise. She gave me it for 3 quid and been paying that for at least 5 months.
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#15 andyc

andyc
  • Coach
  • 367 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

You should be so lucky maureen . I wasn,t too sure if i was going to have premier again but they tuck £95 out of my account with out telling me .Nice. They said they contacted me . Don,t think so. Lol

WatchED Rovers since 74-75 seasons,as mad about rovers 35 years on(the wife thinks i,m mad).
ROVERS ROVERS

#16 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,439 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

I had the same experience andyc. I sent two e-mails to them asking when my annual contract ended, as you have to give 30 days notice to say you are not renewing, and I didn't get a reply to either. I then telephoned them on their 8p per minute phone number and was told my annual contract had been renewed 2 weeks earlier at £95. I wanted to cancel and take out the offer they had at that time of £80 annual subscription but they wouldn't let me so I was stuck again with the £95 sub.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#17 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

I always diarise these things so I know when they are to finish. I also paid £95 and was told it was because they were doing the full Aussie programme of matches. My cancelling of Sky Sports at the end of the RL season pays for most of it anyway. I renew SL after three months and that saving goes towards the Premier Sports sub. Some of the other schemes mentioned seem very good, do they also give full Aussie games coverage?

#18 Monkeymagic22

Monkeymagic22
  • Players
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

Plenty of NRL on every weekend, which I had much prefer over any English Rugby League.

#19 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,710 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

I wouldn't mind matt but its probably the biggest weekend of the year for RL and they cover one game and its not even the champ. No wonder we can't get outsiders interested in our game.(although I doubt many people subscribe to premier unless they are rugby fans anyway) but you know what I mean.

I think youre expecting a little much from Prem Sports, I think they have that 1 kit and a smaller budget than Sky who have more man power.

They do well to say theyve been in existence for about 2/3 years... apart from the clmmentary team, theyre doing well.

They may be better equipped next year.

Cummins Out.

#20 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

I think youre expecting a little much from Prem Sports, I think they have that 1 kit and a smaller budget than Sky who have more man power.

They do well to say theyve been in existence for about 2/3 years... apart from the clmmentary team, theyre doing well.

They may be better equipped next year.

Agree Matt, top value for money if RL's your game
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users