TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

York V Featherstone.Fri 29thMarch 1pm K.O.

Match Thread

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

Poll: Match Prediction (44 member(s) have cast votes)

Win, Lose or Draw

1. York To Win (20 votes [45.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

2. Voted Featherstone To Win (24 votes [54.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

we played well and stopped you playing. it wasn,t that you were bad, just we were better

You could be right but I think that's farewell to mr Powell I'm afraid.Thats the final straw mi thinks.

Edited by thundergaz, 29 March 2013 - 03:30 PM.

#62 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

Don't be so daft lad, their cup final isn't until April 28th!

Why, what's happening on that day? Oh yes, that's it, a day out in South Leeds, already booked the day off work :D

#63 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

You could be right but I think that's farewell to mr Powell I'm afraid.Thats the final straw mi thinks.

Why? What would be the reason to sack him, and who would you suggest replaces him?

#64 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

Why? What would be the reason to sack him, and who would you suggest replaces him?

Gary Thornton.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#65 Tex Evans Thigh

Tex Evans Thigh
  • Coach
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

I'm sorry mate but Powell out? Really?

We've been spoiled because of daryll Powell who has consistently turned decent players into title contenders. I absolutely guarantee you if we got someone else in we would be worse.

So we lost to York, bad result. Prob the first of this year ( Sheffield wasn't a bad result or performance). So sack the bloke who's dragged us from relegation fodder to consistent title contenders every year off the back of one game? Get a grip it's embarrassing.

Even looking at it emotively the bloke deserves to have as long as he wants just for the Cas game.

Some people need to appreciate where we've come from and maintain a bit of realism and humility because we sound like a right set of spoiled brats.

We lost at home to Toulouse other year. Powell out. Warrington lost to Salford. Smith out.

It's how you finish the season. Maybe that's the new approach. In any case Powell IN!
Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

Posted Image
MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "
Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

#66 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

Gaz, you really are a dimwit, fev would be nothing without DP as your coach, he is a great coach and got you league leaders shield twice, the finals are down to the players to raise their game, tactical wise DP knows his stuff.

#67 Tex Evans Thigh

Tex Evans Thigh
  • Coach
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

It's a shame Gaz is our most prolific poster both here and on the main forums. The majority of the time it's embarrassing.

Posted Image

#68 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,089 posts

I'm sorry mate but Powell out? Really?

We've been spoiled because of daryll Powell who has consistently turned decent players into title contenders. I absolutely guarantee you if we got someone else in we would be worse.

So we lost to York, bad result. Prob the first of this year ( Sheffield wasn't a bad result or performance). So sack the bloke who's dragged us from relegation fodder to consistent title contenders every year off the back of one game? Get a grip it's embarrassing.

Even looking at it emotively the bloke deserves to have as long as he wants just for the Cas game.

Some people need to appreciate where we've come from and maintain a bit of realism and humility because we sound like a right set of spoiled brats.

We lost at home to Toulouse other year. Powell out. Warrington lost to Salford. Smith out.

It's how you finish the season. Maybe that's the new approach. In any case Powell IN!

someone in fev talking sense at last
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#69 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,783 posts

It seems TG has lost all sense of reality. Welcome to the world of the RL supporter who gets upset when their team loses. DP has done such a good job with you that you do not understand what that feeling is like. Grow up and try that empathy thing again.

#70 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

I've said it for 3 seasons now DP isn't good enough. I'm definitely not going to back track after that shower I witnessed today.

Edit

Edited by Maureen T-k, 30 March 2013 - 11:07 AM.

#71 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

It's a shame Gaz is our most prolific poster both here and on the main forums. The majority of the time it's embarrassing.

i'm guessing he's aged 8
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#72 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

I've said it for 3 seasons now DP isn't good enough. I'm definitely not going to back track after that shower of ###### I witnessed today.

So for these last 3 seasons, when you have hardly lost at all, you still reckon he was not good enough? And..... who would you have that could do a better job then?

#73 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

So for these last 3 seasons, when you have hardly lost at all, you still reckon he was not good enough? And..... who would you have that could do a better job then?

There is a lot of coaches out their distant at least 3 in our league. DP as done a great job I can't argue with that but he just can't seem to take us that extra step we need to be going. He always falls at the last hurdle when it becomes a tactical game.

Edited by thundergaz, 29 March 2013 - 03:53 PM.

#74 Tex Evans Thigh

Tex Evans Thigh
  • Coach
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

It's one of the reasons I stopped posting here. It's sickening that someone can criticise the work Powell has done. I know what he has done as I know people involved and its remarkable. I remember one player who'd been in sl saying it was more professional and a better set up than the two sl clubs he'd been at.

Look at our squad. We've got the dewsbury and donny combo from three years ago yet were top every year.

Daryl Powell deserves as long as he wants even if we have an off season and finish fifth he still deserves as long as he wants.

Ps well done York good club n hope the ex fev guys did well. It wasn't working at fev for them and sometimes you need to move to improve. We will be back. Swinton are likely for it!!

Posted Image

#75 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

York played well and credit to them. We were dire from 1 to 17 today. DP as got to go for me he's just not cutting it. We've won one final since he's been here and its not good enough.

Could not make the game, but 17 players all having an "off" day at the same time. Takes a bit of believing.

#76 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

No team is unbeatable in any sport, but you have been as near as for the last three years. You just need to accept losing with some good grace. It's to be hoped that some important people in your club do not think what you do or else one of the best coaches in the sport might just decide to make the decision for himself.
Just accept you lost and move on, its what we have had to do for all these years.

#77 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

Could not make the game, but 17 players all having an "off" day at the same time. Takes a bit of believing.

IMHO, Featherstone played a very one dimensional game today, they just kept popping the ball up for the big lads to try and blast through the middle, the Knights players defence was awesome today and tackled them to a stand still.

#78 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

No team is unbeatable in any sport, but you have been as near as for the last three years. You just need to accept losing with some good grace. It's to be hoped that some important people in your club do not think what you do or else one of the best coaches in the sport might just decide to make the decision for himself.
Just accept you lost and move on, its what we have had to do for all these years.

It's not the losing distant its the way we lose. We were ###### from 1 to 17 today and I could of got 17 lads out of the pub to put up a better performance than we did today. It was shocking and that's being kind. It could be the worst we've ever played since DP as been here.

Edited by thundergaz, 29 March 2013 - 03:59 PM.

#79 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

I've said it for 3 seasons now DP isn't good enough. I'm definitely not going to back track after that shower of ###### I witnessed today.

Never read so much rubbish Fev rovers were in a bad state when DP came and he has transformed this club into what it is now Fans and committee at Fev need to realise that we have not got all the best players outside S/L and we have not got a better squad than everyone else. What we have got is a top championship team that is well coached by a top coach We will win most matches and loses a few like today. Fans should think before they post that's why some fans don't like us we were beaten by a team that played better than us today and i would like to say well done York your team performance today was excellent and you deserved the win especially with your own team on the field

#80 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

It's not the losing distant its the way we lose. We were ###### from 1 to 17 today and I could of got 17 lads out of the pub to put up a better performance than we did today. It was shocking and that's being kind. It could be the worst we've ever played since DP as been here.

No credit for the Knights then? You were out fought and out thought today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users