Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

York V Featherstone.Fri 29thMarch 1pm K.O.

Match Thread

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

Poll: Match Prediction (44 member(s) have cast votes)

Win, Lose or Draw

1. York To Win (20 votes [45.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

2. Voted Featherstone To Win (24 votes [54.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 506 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

Could not make the game, but 17 players all having an "off" day at the same time. Takes a bit of believing.

How about you turn up to the game and then make a comment? Having not been to the game, are you really qualified to comment?

#82 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

No credit for the Knights then? You were out fought and out thought today.

I gave York credit in an earlier post mate. You were the best team by far and deserved your victory. My comments are aimed more closely to home.

#83 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

I've said it for 3 seasons now DP isn't good enough. I'm definitely not going to back track after that shower of ###### I witnessed today.

You're making a annoying person out of yourself. Log off the Internet for a bit and go for a walk or something.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#84 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

How about you turn up to the game and then make a comment? Having not been to the game, are you really qualified to comment?

Oops, thats touched a raw nerve. Just puzzled about the overall performances as described by two comments on the forum.`I read newspapers and I am still qualified to put forward my opinions to the editor.

#85 Jimmy B

Jimmy B
  • 593 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

Please keep this thread adult and civilised or it will be closed.
So we lost a game - lets move on.

Jimmy B - moderator
Lets not forget, Featherstone Rovers is a RUGBY club.

#86 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

Why oh why is playing fev our cup final your not world beaters browny played you off the park again

#87 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

Why oh why is playing fev our cup final your not world beaters browny played you off the park again

he did indeed!

Edited by Robin Evans, 29 March 2013 - 04:39 PM.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#88 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

It annoys the hell out of me when thats said... the cup final part, not the played off the park.

Cummins Out.

#89 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

Spot on with that quote we had 3 excellent years and I think we will have another but we will lose games like today your team played better and kicked us to death well done

#90 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

York 12 Featherstone 48
1st Try: Briggs
MOM: Lockwood.

I expect Rovers to win big. They will be chomping at the bit after the Sheffield defeat, and York will be unfortunate to have to bear the brunt of it!

Glad we bore the brunt of it !!

Posted Image

#91 ashbourneknight

ashbourneknight
  • Coach
  • 383 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

When you've seen your team struggle to get results in the past it's a shame when you hear comments that be little a great result, the performance by the Knights today came as a shock to many people, but that's what you get when you give total commitment, compassion,and clever football from a certain Simon Brown,this season we have had our ups and downs let's hope we can keep our play on the upper,YCK,OK :D

#92 Mick Thornton

Mick Thornton
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

We appeared to be clueless regarding any game plan or any way of counteracting Yorks on us.We certainly seem leaderless and have no kicking game plan. Can anyone say if they can ever remember Featherstone getting a 40/20,

York deserved the win.No doubt about that. Well done to them.

Now to Gareth Hewer

This referee is either totally incompetent (and unfit) or and more to my thinking has a personal dislike for all things Featherstone.After the Sheffield game I didn't think he would try it on again. How wrong one can be.

And one criticism of Mr.Powell. Why are we starting games with what is not regarded as our strongest and best players. We did it in the Grand Final and lost.Did it at Sheffield with numerous players out of position and lost and again today at York and lost.

With the money made available for quality players compared to other clubs we should expect better fare than is being served up at present.No disrespect to York but a large percentage of their team today were players who were on our books at one time or another that were allowed to leave .
M.J.Thornton

#93 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

Please keep this thread adult and civilised or it will be closed.
So we lost a game - lets move on.

Jimmy B - moderator

if you close it can you unlock the oh dear thread :D
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#94 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

We appeared to be clueless regarding any game plan or any way of counteracting Yorks on us.We certainly seem leaderless and have no kicking game plan. Can anyone say if they can ever remember Featherstone getting a 40/20,

York deserved the win.No doubt about that. Well done to them.

Now to Gareth Hewer

This referee is either totally incompetent (and unfit) or and more to my thinking has a personal dislike for all things Featherstone.After the Sheffield game I didn't think he would try it on again. How wrong one can be.

And one criticism of Mr.Powell. Why are we starting games with what is not regarded as our strongest and best players. We did it in the Grand Final and lost.Did it at Sheffield with numerous players out of position and lost and again today at York and lost.

With the money made available for quality players compared to other clubs we should expect better fare than is being served up at present.No disrespect to York but a large percentage of their team today were players who were on our books at one time or another that were allowed to leave .

i knew there would be one who blamed the ref
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#95 Peter G.

Peter G.
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

Agree matt abserloutly dire. Time for a new coach mi thinks.

Not sure you really comprehend what "dire" is? In my book its playing against a side of similar strengths and losing 34 - 0, as we did the other week. Today you were playing against a group of players who owed their travelling fans big style, who were very focused and courageously came up trumps in every department. Yes it was a shock result today, but your team lost by eight points and still gained the bonus. Thats hardly dire, is it?

#96 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

They just payed basic football and kicked very well. We in the other hand threw it away. 4 times we split them with ease on their right in the first half bombing 3 tries when all we had to do was plant the ball down. Second half we attacked that side once, why?

As for Hewer, he made 2 bad calls that resulted in a try. Missing the knock on on their line and then penalising Lockwood when the tackle ad curly not been competed. Other than that he was the same for both teams. We let in 2 lack tries from marker, we should not be doing that at our level.

Roll on Monday we need to get our confidence back, that's all.

To all the York supporters singing that they could play us every week. I hope you turn up to Fev for a change nod put sone money through our turnstiles for once.

Edited by lingard, 29 March 2013 - 06:25 PM.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#97 Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor
  • Coach
  • 7,717 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

Can't be bothered reading the posts above, however.

What a brilliant performance by York! Thought the whole squad pulled together, played as a team and wanted to win it.

The ex Featherstone players all proved a point and deserve a huge amount of respect for doing so.

As for the Featherstone players, they will be hurting.

Well done York.
2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

#98 exiled rover

exiled rover
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

Bad day at the office for us. Credit to York they worked hard, stuck to a plan & deserved the win. I have every faith that DP will turn things around & I wouldn't want anyone else at the helm at the moment. However, we do seem to lack ideas & direction when things are not going our way & it might be the time to splash some of the cash Faisal keeps offering to freshen up the team. I'm sure DP said he was looking at bringing in an outside back a couple of weeks ago. It would be great to bring in a real game changer at centre or stand off. Kyle looked in a lot of pain with his injury & that might be the catalyst to make changes.

#99 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 290 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

i personaly think finny is not strong enough to be captain not in the dickens mould by a long way his game has not been anywhere it has been in the past and his field kicking is way off the mark if i'm honest

#100 GARY....S

GARY....S
  • Coach
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:32 PM

Finny as enough to do without captaining the team....oh well " well done York" ....move on .....oh and for god sake pack in with the Powell out garbage ...
"somebody pinch me I must be dreaming"

" TK ROVERS TO THE MAXX "

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users