Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

York V Featherstone.Fri 29thMarch 1pm K.O.

Match Thread

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

Poll: Match Prediction (44 member(s) have cast votes)

Win, Lose or Draw

1. York To Win (20 votes [45.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

2. Voted Featherstone To Win (24 votes [54.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 313 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

Swinton are likely for it!!

Swinton got beat by Leigh today at home. Think Fev will get the brunt of it on Monday! ;-)

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#102 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

An outstanding performance from a depleted team full of courage and commitment ensured that York City Knights pulled off a huge upset in the Kingstone Press Championship with a thoroughly deserved 24-16 win over title favourites Featherstone.

:D
Posted Image

#103 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

Great first half from wakey. They are playing some great rugby. It's cold but some great rugby on show from wakey. This aft is forgotten already 😄😄😄.C@s 0 wakey 25 HT.

Edited by thundergaz, 29 March 2013 - 08:57 PM.

#104 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

An outstanding performance from a depleted team full of courage and commitment ensured that York City Knights pulled off a huge upset in the Kingstone Press Championship with a thoroughly deserved 24-16 win over title favourites Featherstone.

:D

And some of those lads who've put in that great performance will be discarded again as soon as Hull make their players available again to York.

#105 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

And some of those lads who've put in that great performance will be discarded again as soon as Hull make their players available again to York.

Thats not what Gary Thornton said.
Posted Image

#106 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

you are probably right . the whole system stinks
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#107 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

Sorry folks but we were abserloutly rubbish today. Also some Fev fans need to wake up. Losing isn't a bad thing if its against the eagles. Fax etc and if the performance is decent. We lost to YORK and the performance was dire to say the least. Ask mr Campbell what he thinks to us losing to York. It's totally unacceptable which ever way you look at it.

Edit using abbreviations to swear

Edited by Maureen T-k, 30 March 2013 - 11:03 AM.

#108 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

Sorry folks but we were abserloutly rubbish today. Also some Fev fans need to wake up. Losing isn't a bad thing if its against the eagles. Fax etc and if the performance is decent. We lost to YORK FFS and the performance was dire to say the least. Ask mr Campbell what he thinks to us losing to York. It's totally unacceptable which ever way you look at it.

how very smug you are
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#109 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

I bet DP and the players do as well but it's happened some people think we are better than we are and they all need to get together and sort it instead of getting on at one another

#110 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

Sorry folks but we were abserloutly rubbish today. Also some Fev fans need to wake up. Losing isn't a bad thing if its against the eagles. Fax etc and if the performance is decent. We lost to YORK FFS and the performance was dire to say the least. Ask mr Campbell what he thinks to us losing to York. It's totally unacceptable which ever way you look at it.

Nice to see we've earned your respect anyway.
Posted Image

#111 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

Christ, York fans never change do they. Classless.

Cummins Out.

#112 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

Christ, York fans never change do they. Classless.

How so?
Posted Image

#113 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

How so?

Read above.

Cummins Out.

#114 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

Read above.

My post was classless? Have you not read anything Thundergaz has written?
Posted Image

#115 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

Lingard,

Sometimes basic rugby and sticking to a game plan works as it did today, think your guys tried too hard, clearly you have some pace, flashy handling but a bit too much attitude, also think the Knights defence had plenty to do with you 'bombing' tries, one of your tries came from a clear 2 on 1 ball rip and If Nat Browne had taken that interception cleanly you would have been minus a BP as well. There were ifs and buts right through the 80mins for both sides.
Posted Image

#116 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

My post was classless? Have you not read anything Thundergaz has written?

Not thee.

and Thundergaz goes along to the beat of his own drum.

Cummins Out.

#117 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

For gods sake fellas , it's a game of rugby , we won , you lost , you have a club , team & coach most fans would want & no doubt will win a damn site more than you will lose this season , no one team is invincible , our lads did us proud today , so happy days for us , best of luck for the rest of the season , I know & work with a lot of Fev lads & fans & get on with all of em , so to the ones who have been gracious in defeat thank you , to those who haven't get over yourselves as your team will be back !
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#118 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

Thunder

Firstly don't think you were utterly rubbish, just outplayed and look at results so far his season, any club can beat any other in this division...........now,

I had resisted responding directly to any of your drivel about the game, however this post of yours simply exudes arrogance, how could anyone dare to beat the mighty Fev ? and that's 2 games in a row now. Remember the season we beat you 4 times all-in, same response from many Fev fans then as well. Why don't you read some of the more 'levelled' fans who follow your club, they accept defeat graciously and recognise that the best team won on the day, you'll be there again at the end of the season I'm sure.

Edited by ANDYPK, 29 March 2013 - 10:11 PM.

Posted Image

#119 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

Thunder

Firstly don't think you were utterly rubbish, just outplayed and lookmatbsulta so far his season, any club can beta any other in this division...........now,

I had resisted responding directly to any of your drivel about the game, however this post of yours simply exudes arrogance, how could anyone dare to beat the mighty Fev ? and that's 2 games in a row now. Remember the season we beat you 4 times all-in, same response from many Fev fans then as well. Why don't you read some of the more 'levelled' fans who follow your club, they accept defeat graciously and recognise that the best team won on the day, you'll be there again at the end of the season I'm sure.

I never doubted the best team won. York played very well and deserved their victory no doubt about that. What I'm saying is York shouldn't be beating us no offence to York but with the funds available to us and the funds available to you we shouldn't be losing. I'm sure Mr Campbell isn't happy with the defeat just as much as me if not more so.

#120 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

Gaz old lad, I've held off today, but much to my chagrin I can't any longer. Why don't you take at least a nano sec and think before you speak/type. You produce enough Ssshh yte to run a biomass farm for the whole of China.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users