Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

York V Featherstone.Fri 29thMarch 1pm K.O.

Match Thread

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

Poll: Match Prediction (44 member(s) have cast votes)

Win, Lose or Draw

1. York To Win (20 votes [45.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

2. Voted Featherstone To Win (24 votes [54.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 ashbourneknight

ashbourneknight
  • Coach
  • 383 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

Gaz old lad, I've held off today, but much to my chagrin I can't any longer. Why don't you take at least a nano sec and think before you speak/type. You produce enough Ssshh yte to run a biomass farm for the whole of China.

Thats a hell of a lot of gas :rolleyes:

#122 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:39 PM

I never doubted the best team won. York played very well and deserved their victory no doubt about that. What I'm saying is York shouldn't be beating us no offence to York but with the funds available to us and the funds available to you we shouldn't be losing. I'm sure Mr Campbell isn't happy with the defeat just as much as me if not more so.

maybe these games shouldn't take place but be decided by a pools panel
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#123 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:44 PM

Gaz old lad, I've held off today, but much to my chagrin I can't any longer. Why don't you take at least a nano sec and think before you speak/type. You produce enough Ssshh yte to run a biomass farm for the whole of China.

AV all I'm saying is what were serving up at the moment isn't good enough. We have had the same game plan for 4 years now and no plan B or C. Teams are getting wise to our game plan. Our kicking game is non existent. How many 40/20s do we get a season one? Also we can't score full length of the field tries so when we are kicked to death we struggle. We never force a team to give us repeat sets like York did today on many occasions and mr Finn isn't a leader we need a leader on the park. Right their you go I've put it into context for you and not blown any gas. Pick the bones out of that 😄😄😄.

Edited by thundergaz, 29 March 2013 - 11:45 PM.

#124 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

AV all I'm saying is what were serving up at the moment isn't good enough. We have had the same game plan for 4 years now and no plan B or C. Teams are getting wise to our game plan. Our kicking game is non existent. How many 40/20s do we get a season one? Also we can't score full length of the field tries so when we are kicked to death we struggle. We never force a team to give us repeat sets like York did today on many occasions and mr Finn isn't a leader we need a leader on the park. Right their you go I've put it into context for you and not blown any gas. Pick the bones out of that .

which ever way i look at it your a sore loser

#125 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:48 PM

which ever way i look at it your a sore loser

I don't care what you think. I'm more worried about my team than petty point scoring.

#126 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

off to bed now with a big grin on my face

#127 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,843 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:53 PM

AV all I'm saying is what were serving up at the moment isn't good enough. We have had the same game plan for 4 years now and no plan B or C. Teams are getting wise to our game plan. Our kicking game is non existent. How many 40/20s do we get a season one? Also we can't score full length of the field tries so when we are kicked to death we struggle. We never force a team to give us repeat sets like York did today on many occasions and mr Finn isn't a leader we need a leader on the park. Right their you go I've put it into context for you and not blown any gas. Pick the bones out of that .

Didn't you stop watching Rovers and started to watch Wakefield when Rovers lost a game last season? think its time you stopped spitting your dummy out just because York beat you, have a look at the league table it's very close this season, you win some and you lose some, move on.

#128 tanghaller

tanghaller
  • Coach
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

I don't care what you think. I'm more worried about my team than petty point scoring.

I think you need to chill out a little.
You'll still be there or there abouts come the end of the season.

#129 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:56 PM

Didn't you stop watching Rovers and started to watch Wakefield when Rovers lost a game last season? think its time you stopped spitting your dummy out just because York beat you, have a look at the league table it's very close this season, you win some and you lose some, move on.

It's no secret I go and watch both teams as most of my mates are wakey fans like I watched both games today. If Fev havnt got a game then I watch wakey but Fev is my team and as been for 20 years. As for spitting the dummy out I'm not happy with my teams performances and you being a York fan should understand that.

Edited by thundergaz, 30 March 2013 - 12:00 AM.

#130 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:56 PM

Great performance from a genuine York side today, pleased especially for the ex Fev lads who all showed up well against their old team mates. We didn't show York enough respect in my opinion and paid the ultimate price. Seen it all before many times, lets hope the lesson has been learned.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#131 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,843 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:01 AM

It's no secret I go and watch both teams as most of my mates are wakey fans like I watched both games today. If Fev havnt got a game then I watch wakey but Fev is my team and as have been for 20 years. As for spitting the dummy out I'm not happy with my teams performances and you being a York fan should understand that.

We have had some shocking games this season and thats after the three previous seasons where we were bad, but we get over it and move on, if I wanted to watch a winning team I suppose I could watch Man U but im happy watching York warts and all, you made your self look a fool by saying we were not good enough to be on the same field as you, that came back and bit you on your bum. B)

Edited by Spanish Knight, 30 March 2013 - 12:04 AM.

#132 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

We have had some shocking games this season and thats after the three previous seasons where we were bad, but we get over it and move on, if I wanted to watch a winning team I suppose I could watch Man U but im happy watching York warts and all, you made your self look a fool by saying we were not good enough to be on the same field as you, that came back and bit you on your bum. B)

Enjoy the win your 17 deserved it. I haven't been happy with any of our performances this year not just today's game its been all of our games. Anyway rant over for this thread moving on to swinton.

#133 jayemm

jayemm
  • Coach
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:14 AM

It's no secret I go and watch both teams as most of my mates are wakey fans like I watched both games today. If Fev havnt got a game then I watch wakey but Fev is my team and as have been for 20 years. As for spitting the dummy out I'm not happy with my teams performances and you being a York fan should understand that.

But we dont spit the dummy out.After a defeat,we try to rally the fans and the team and strive to do better as we have done after our dismal performance against Keighley.We did not begrudge Keighley their victory.The team, the fans and the coaching staff were so hurt by that performance that they even offered to pay for the supporters bus to the next away game.Not once were fans calling for Gary Thornton to be replaced.I cannot believe that some of your fans are calling into question Powells credentials.Learn to live with the odd defeat,in sport it happens.

#134 tanghaller

tanghaller
  • Coach
  • 211 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:16 AM

For those Fev fans who didn't go here it is.

#135 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,591 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:17 AM

Just a note to say Sheffield Eagles struggled to beat Doncaster Trinity.....It was a bit of a Wildcat meeting!!!!
Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

Posted Image

#136 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:20 AM

.I cannot believe that some of your fans are calling into question Powells credentials.Learn to live with the odd defeat,in sport it happens.

I'm not going to comment on DP as the people who know me know what I think about DP.

Edited by thundergaz, 30 March 2013 - 01:21 AM.

#137 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:10 AM

Has anyone got a plan B and C? I haven't seen one.
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#138 Monkeymagic22

Monkeymagic22
  • Coach
  • 170 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:02 AM

First of all, well done York Knights, a well deserved win from a team that gave their all.

Onto Featherstone, firstly given the resources the coach has, which are amongst the highest in the Championship, it is only natural that expectations are high both in terms of winning and performances. For me, the warning signs were there last year, we play pretty dull but usually effective rugby, which due to a lack of game breakers and the ability to vary tactics means that teams have worked out how to close us down, just like in last seasons NR Cup Final and Grand Final. I'd have hoped Powell would have solved this problems, but alas this season shows that so far is hasn't, once again we lack the ability to break teams down.

My opinion is that, the team needs changes and quickly if we are to compete for Trophies, we need at least one back with pace and the ability to make breaks, and I'd suggest another stand off or scrum half with a decent kicking game. The forwards are great but we are being let down by the three quarters and to some extent half backs.

#139 danny79

danny79
  • Facebook
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

i dont post much but after yesterday and hearing some comments i have to put my point accross.
we have lost two on the bounce now and today was very poor but it happens we need to dust ourselfs down and get back on it.
dp is the man for us and that i have no doubt one of our near neighbours who arnt doing very well are talking about how much they would like him on there forum.
so on to monday lets get there have a few beers and get behind the team and dp we need to stand together crowds are picking up a little would be a shame if they were to drop off now.
also well done to york you made me sulk all day :)

#140 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 654 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:47 AM

It's not all about money it's about desire lets face it fev just thought they had to turn up and you were totally out played just goes to show having a big pack isn't always the right formula.

Edit, do not use text speak

Edited by Maureen T-k, 30 March 2013 - 09:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users