TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

York V Featherstone.Fri 29thMarch 1pm K.O.

Match Thread

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

Poll: Match Prediction (44 member(s) have cast votes)

Win, Lose or Draw

1. York To Win (20 votes [45.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

2. Voted Featherstone To Win (24 votes [54.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#141 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:14 AM

With all the pivot players weve got youd think wed have a better kicking game out of one of them ,Andy Kain is surely fit enough to play a deserved full game ,and i personally think its a class full back we need allowing hardman in the centres with smeaton when he gets back ,so my solution is billy slater and danny brough :rolleyes:

#142 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:23 AM

Unfortunately you let a class fullback sign for us , Tom Carr has been great this season , was told by a mate of mine who coached Tom at Chequers ( Ponte SSC ) that he was a quality player , he wasnt wrong , also a standout for your U20s last season , but for reasons you stuck with Hardman !
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#143 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

Unfortunately you let a class fullback sign for us , Tom Carr has been great this season , was told by a mate of mine who coached Tom at Chequers ( Ponte SSC ) that he was a quality player , he wasnt wrong , also a standout for your U20s last season , but for reasons you stuck with Hardman !

I agree Tom is a good lad and he will mature into a good player ,but i was hoping for a full back whos got real class and brains now ,someone who can make the difference combating great kicking games ,along with the wingers of course in big games ,ie last years finals and this years with a bit of luck ,

#144 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

Ah well, a reality check won't do anyone any harm.

You only need to play well in September.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#145 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

Absolute shambolic, it really was, especially in the last 30 mins of second half - stale and predictable

It makes me wonder what is going on in the coaching at Fev as the ex players - who were abysmal in their first team appearances for Fev are suddenly world beaters and having great seasons for their new teams and made us look silly

Get that captaincy taken off Finn ASAP, a shadow of his former self and not a leader on the pitch, or the leader we require

The days of big victories and smashing teams off the park is over at this present time, we have to start from the beginning and id gladly take a narrow victory over Swinton just to put some confidence back into the team

#146 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

With all the pivot players weve got youd think wed have a better kicking game out of one of them ,Andy Kain is surely fit enough to play a deserved full game ,and i personally think its a class full back we need allowing hardman in the centres with smeaton when he gets back ,so my solution is billy slater and danny brough :rolleyes:

I'd like to see Tommy Saxton given another try out at full-back. He seems less effective on the wing these days, maybe because opposition sides have worked out how to play him. Whenever Hardman returns an upfield kick he runs sideways across the pitch and always seems to get caught under our sticks. I think that Tommy would beat the chasers more often to relieve the pressure, and it would give the opposition more to worry about if he was linking up from full-back.

#147 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

If that fool is in charge then York 28 Fev 16

penalty count York 16 Fev 4

Closest this week as the Fev points were identical but Thundergaz was also 4 points out on score also
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#148 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

fev at least won the penalty count 5-4
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#149 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

it's about desire lets face it fev just thought they had to turn up

Aye, I think you could be right
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#150 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:36 PM

nothing to do with desire,you were just beaten by a better team on the day. that's what makes sport,sport

#151 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,388 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

nothing to do with desire,you were just beaten by a better team on the day. that's what makes sport,sport

yup!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#152 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 293 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

York's coach said in a radio interview before the game they had signed Lewis Jones as well. That might come back to haunt us, too.

#153 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:14 AM

York's coach said in a radio interview before the game they had signed Lewis Jones as well. That might come back to haunt us, too.

He must be in his 80s now.

#154 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,164 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

He must be in his 80s now.

nice one :D
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#155 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

Deano you crowing today?
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#156 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

yes i am actually.i'm not going to say we were ######, and i'm not going to call for the coaches head.

what i will say is i wasn't there, but it sounded like the best team lost

#157 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

Rah rah rah.
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#158 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,871 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

Don't think any Knights fan can be proud of todays performance, when we play away were rubbish.

#159 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

Rah rah rah.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users