League Express Digital-Only Easter Edition Out Now!

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Barrow v Knights

Easter Monday 3pm

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

The Referee for our Easter Monday game away at @BarrowRaiders is Mr. C Leatherbarrow. #13Knights #RugbyLeague
Posted Image

#2 ashbourneknight

ashbourneknight
  • Coach
  • 383 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

The Referee for our Easter Monday game away at @BarrowRaiders is Mr. C Leatherbarrow. #13Knights #RugbyLeague

Both Leatherbarrow and Stokes most arrogant and controversial Refs on the circuit,both want to get thier parents married. :o

#3 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 365 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

Both Leatherbarrow and Stokes most arrogant and controversial Refs on the circuit,both want to get thier parents married. :o

Stokes is a total idiot 😠

#4 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 603 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

Mr Leatherbarrow will be the best ref on that pitch that day. He will be fair and impartial, giving attacking advantage which makes for an exciting match of Rugby League. Applaude him when he takes to the field and congratulate him on the decisions he makes whether they are for York or against....

#5 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

Must av changed a lot since last season then Andy !!!!!
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#6 ashbourneknight

ashbourneknight
  • Coach
  • 383 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

Mr Leatherbarrow will be the best ref on that pitch that day. He will be fair and impartial, giving attacking advantage which makes for an exciting match of Rugby League. Applaude him when he takes to the field and congratulate him on the decisions he makes whether they are for York or against....

What ever you've been on I'll have some, can you name me any game that we've won excluding the away game at Dewsbury when we won with the last kick of the match by CT, Leatherbarrow was not able to do anything then.

#7 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 603 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

Must av changed a lot since last season then Andy !!!!!

Well...

Last season: "Laughton you p*llock" - "Laughton you prat" - "Open ya bl''dy eye man" etc etc
We get hammered by 14 men

This season: "Good to see you Ronnie" - "Good call that Ronnie mate, spot on" - "Don't worry about the flat passes Ronnie, let's just have a game mate"
Hardly knew he was there - great game of Rugby

Last season: "Hewer you prat" - "You don't know what you're doing Hewer"
And we get hammered by 13 1/2 men

This year: "Congratulations on your new baby Gareth" - "Well done mate, good call ref"
Hardly knew he was there, great game of Rugby.

Last season: "Leatherbarrow you p*llock" - "You're a disgrace" etc etc
And we get hammered by 14 men

So it should likely follow that: "Looking good Mr Leatherbarrow" - "Good call that ref"
You'll hardly know he's there, great game of Rugby.

And if you're still in any doubt as to the effects on the pitch of the supporters being kn@bs to referees...

This season: "Stokes you prat" - "You don't know what to do, do you Stokes?" - "You're bent Stokes" - "Your hair is a different colour to a vast percentage of the UK population's" - "I question your parentage and put it to you that you are too tall for the amount of weight you carry and your feet look abit long for them shorts"

42 v 4, a sin binning and multiple injuries despite being good enough to have a great game of Rugby.

#8 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

Looks like lovely weather for a drive up to the Lakes... Summer is nearly here folks, I can feel it!

Who's going on Monday? Reckon we can take 6 from 6 in this Easter programme?
Posted Image

#9 Big Ron

Big Ron
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

me

#10 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

If we can beat Barrow on Monday and Batley do us the favour of beating Dewsbury we can move up to 6th. We then play Dewsbury at home and if Monday goes to plan that'd be a great chance to open up a cheeky little gap in 6th.

It's time to park the camels.

#11 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:33 AM

And if we dont win we could be back near the bottom of the league, we have to start winning away from home.

#12 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 603 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

Tbh I'm thinking more about attendances. A win at Barrow, a win at Blackbrook and maybe we'll cross the 1000 mark at home to Dewsbury.

#13 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

We shall do our very best for you against Dewsbury on Monday gents:).

#14 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

Craig Potter, Luke Stenchion and Nathan Freer all available tomorrow.

Perfect timing!
Posted Image

#15 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

Craig Potter, Luke Stenchion and Nathan Freer all available tomorrow.

Perfect timing!

Change a winning side though? Obviously Nicholson will need replacing but apart from him did we come through unscathed?

#16 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

Change a winning side though? Obviously Nicholson will need replacing but apart from him did we come through unscathed?

Good point, but I'm sure GT knows who's ready for a rest and who's ready to go. 2 Championship games in 4 days might be a bit much for the likes of young Jack Pickles and Tyler Craig in their 'rookie' season.

Its just nice to have options!
Posted Image

#17 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 603 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

I think Tyler can man more than 10 minutes in 4 days though Gav. He'll have hardly broke a sweat.

Sam Scott will be out after doing his chocolate hip in again I imagine.

#18 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

Tbh I'm thinking more about attendances. A win at Barrow, a win at Blackbrook and maybe we'll cross the 1000 mark at home to Dewsbury.

Must say, thought the atmosphere on Friday was rather good, can only imagine what it'll be like when we get 1000+ in. On the subject of atmosphere, what happened to those women (sorry don't know names) who used to hand out them confetti things at the start of matches? Always thought that was a nice touch, could do with getting a couple of things like that going to create the atmosphere again, confetti, balloons, flags etc..

#19 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

Hope you dont mean party poppers, we were told at the Millenium weekend in Edinburgh to stop using them because of health and safety, the chief steward said they could land on someones head and hurt them, crazy.

#20 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

Hope you dont mean party poppers, we were told at the Millenium weekend in Edinburgh to stop using them because of health and safety, the chief steward said they could land on someones head and hurt them, crazy.

Think they were more sophisticated than party poppers. They looked like big pritt sticks and you twisted the end and BOOM confetti :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users