Easter Monday 3pm

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 knightrider

knightrider
  • Coach
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

If we are serious about staying up,then its games like tomorrow we need to be winning.Barrow will be thinking the same.No doubt in my mind it will be one tough game.Never seen a game in cumbria that hasnt been.Really want to go,unfortunately working until 2pm.Looks like we have some replacements for Nicko and Sam Scott.Need to keep our feet on the ground but carry on the fantatic work ethic and team spirit shown on friday.Hopefully a knights win.Need to keep Liam Harrison quiet.Really takes some putting down.Caused us plenty of problems in the past.
Posted Image

#22 Big Ron

Big Ron
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

Tbh I'm thinking more about attendances. A win at Barrow, a win at Blackbrook and maybe we'll cross the 1000 mark at home to Dewsbury.

and where the f55555 as that come from we cant even get that against fev and you have every excuse under the sun when i say our crowds are appalling we will get 600 max against dewsbury wether you 5 are at a wedding or not :D :D :D

#23 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:44 PM

Think there minds will be well set on this game.after the keighley game there will be no repeat performance of that I'm sure.

#24 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 618 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

and where the f55555 as that come from we cant even get that against fev and you have every excuse under the sun when i say our crowds are appalling we will get 600 max against dewsbury wether you 5 are at a wedding or not :D :D :D

Well....

There are 600 odd of us who'll pay to watch it regardless (or have Season Tickets) - everyone else demands a win for their 14 quid. If we get on a winning roll and FC continue their spiral - why wouldn't we get the glory hunters back?
Weather's improving, results are improving, mindsets are improving - there's only really Agg still being a miserable f****r - but I can say that cos he's banned from this forum and he'll never know. :D :D :D

#25 BIG IAN

BIG IAN
  • Coach
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:27 AM

Oh no hes not andy., keep your eyes and ears open.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#26 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:24 AM

Need to do more for kids like they used to games before and half time as someone said to me maybe give so many kid season tickets away beginning of season them kids will bring at least one adult through the turnstile

#27 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:27 AM

Maybe lower the entrance fee for a big game get the crowd back see what there missing out on

#28 SuperYork

SuperYork
  • Coach
  • 180 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:31 AM

What did we do against Oldham a few years ago? It was also televised game still got about 2000+ plus didn't we?

#29 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:44 AM

What did we do against Oldham a few years ago? It was also televised game still got about 2000+ plus didn't we?

We let everyone in for free.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#30 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

Need to do more for kids like they used to games before and half time as someone said to me maybe give so many kid season tickets away beginning of season them kids will bring at least one adult through the turnstile

This, this and more this. More people in the ground who wouldn't be there originally, get the kids hooked while they're young. My Gran brought me to my first game, the first ever Knights match, I was 9 then and never really watched rugby before and I'm still coming every other week now, so if it worked for me then surely it work for other children too. I remember they used to give tickets away to school children as I remember one of my classmates saying "Who are Keegly Cougars?"

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#31 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

Just an idea the pre match entertainment has gone who remembers singers before and halftime kids games at side of pitch Norris squirting everyone with his gun freebee at half time small choc bars handed out I know it all costs money but I'm sure if u ask for local groups singers they will be more than happy to do a bit for free rick Whitter big fan of club maybe a little sing before game I know 2 or 3 groups if asked would prob do something pre match if it gets them a gig somewhere at the end of the day

#32 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:01 AM

Get the entertainment back not just on the pitch.

#33 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

U only have to look around at how many kids go now kids are the future get them involved

#34 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

Rant over

#35 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:06 AM

Jiggy I've sent you a PM.

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#36 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:23 AM

Messages u back

#37 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 618 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

Oh no hes not andy., keep your eyes and ears open.

*rollseyes*

Anyhoo...

Giving kids season tickets doesn't work because the ground is too inaccessible without a car (not the safest route for kids alone, is it). There are thousands of season tickets given out every year as well as thousands of free kids tickets on flyers. It simply doesn't work.

Most adults see through the free kids thing and they realise its actually 14 quid to take the kid to something they've heard of at school and they're not that bothered about - let's go to me mams for a free sunday dinner instead, you've never shown an interest before and they'll probably lose anyway, stop whining or ill clatter you...

Maybe adults go free if they bring 2 kids in at 7 quid. Or bring a kid, get a fiver off an adult entry - Change of mindset - suddenly loads of kids with no real impact on revenues.

But also, bring back fun Norris with his chocolate and his water squirter.

#38 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

Just an idea

#39 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

Like everyone else I want to see the atmosphere back at yck them people are somewhere and need to be found again.

#40 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

We tasted that atmosphere Friday

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users