Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

In 'The Centurion' Next Monday

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 403 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

'The Centurion' is the match day magazine of Leigh Centurions. Here's a flavour of what's in next Monday's edition: Head Coach PAUL ROWLEY talks to DAVE PARKINSON and MARK TAYLOR, about the roller-coaster game with Barrow, and admits there will be some lessons to be learned

Unfortunately, there is no interview with ROB PARKER. It never arrived!

MIKE HULME attempts to rationalise what should happen when the ‘biff’ comes back into our Game.

CEO TREVOR BARTON explains once again, why we have entered into an agreement with Wigan Warriors.

GARETH WALKER, of League Express, looks at the prospects of the Championship One clubs, as their season approaches.

DAVE PARKINSON has a page of ‘Facts ‘N Stats, (the other one never arrived!) and reports on the latest victory by the all-conquering Under 20’s team.

MAURICE JONES was once again out in the cold, to photograph the action in the Barrow game. Rumour has it that Maurice sees these Leigh games as ideal preparation for an upcoming expedition to the South Pole!

Love RL correspondent, TONY WILLIAMS looks at ‘Questions to which the answer is ‘Why?’ It almost sounds like something issued by Red Hall, doesn’t it?!
There is no update on the ‘Infusion Dance Academy – you guessed it, it never arrived! (by now, you should be getting the hang of the problems facing a programme editor!) However, we do have JOHN DUFFY to explain where we are up to, with the exciting Player Pathway.

ALAN EDGE is once again inspired by the good Doctor, at Salford, and sympathises with one Sooper Dooper League club, who won’t be celebrating Easter. He also has an in-depth look at our visitors, Workington Town.

ALAN PLATT updates us on Touchdown news, and LYNDA PIKE has the LISA news. I believe there are still a couple of opportunities at the Quiz Night, to challenge the brain power of the team, and club employees!

SHARON DILLON updates us on the JUNIOR CENTURIONS sponsors and birthdays.

I don’t normally advertise programme adverts here, but I would ask you to take a closer look than usual, at one of our adverts this week – that of the LEIGH CENTURIONS BUSINESS ACADEMY. This is an exciting venture, which is aimed at raising significant funds for our club.

As usual, we have the squad, fixture and LOTTERY, information – all packed into 23 full pages of editorial content, for just £2.50.

It is hoped that, publishers permitting, ‘The Centurion’ will be on sale at our town centre retail outlet later this week.

Posted Image

Report to moderator Posted Image 92.234.245.73

[center]Posted Image

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

Err ... Right oh ?

#3 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

The Leigh matchday programme is always an absolutely brilliant read, pity more clubs dont make an effort with there programmes anymore
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#4 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 403 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

The Leigh matchday programme is always an absolutely brilliant read, pity more clubs dont make an effort with there programmes anymore

Wow, many thanks for that.

#5 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

Wow, many thanks for that.

Im a programme collector (saddo) but most clubs dont even do one worth buying anymore yours has excellant lay out and content that is worth reading keep up the excellant work!
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#6 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 403 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

Im a programme collector (saddo) but most clubs dont even do one worth buying anymore yours has excellant lay out and content that is worth reading keep up the excellant work!

Any chance of getting you over to Leigh my friend, and selling it to our fans?! ;)

#7 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 652 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

Any chance of getting you over to Leigh my friend, and selling it to our fans?! ;)

I've always found our fans more than appreciative of your efforts producing a fantastic programme.
We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#8 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 403 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

I've always found our fans more than appreciative of your efforts producing a fantastic programme.

Thanks. I was thinking maybe we could sell to a few more of them though. (some would disagree, but I personally think sales are low)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users