Photo
- - - - -

28/03/13 - Leeds Rhinos v Bradford Bulls - KO 8pm

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Leeds Rhinos (10 votes [55.56%])

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

2. Bradford Bulls (6 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Draw (2 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,171 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

Discuss the game here.

Edited by hindle xiii, 26 March 2013 - 10:37 AM.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#2 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

So, we are now 2 games behind everyone else but only 4 points behind the leaders. We come into this game (hopefully) with 13 days rest and more than likely, 17 players wanting to get their hands on the ball. Bradford are playing well in patches this year, but have struggled so far to put any sort of run together. They arent looking bad, but I think they are just missing something. What it is, I cant tell you, but its stopping them being a good team at the moment.

Leeds on the other hand, come off of a good win against Wigan. Our defence, once again won us the game, as it did against St Helens, but I have a feeling things might click in attack for this one. If it does, we could win by a big margin. If we continue to make errors though it could be a close one. I expect us to win though either way, and after 13 days off I would be disappointed if we didnt come out firing.

Leeds by 14

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#3 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,171 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

Referee: P Bentham
Touch Judge: J Cobb
Touch Judge: A Martin
Reserve: T Crashley
Match Commissioner: D Milburn
Video Referee: I Smith
Time Keeper: L Fairbank

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#4 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,870 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

The Bulls will be up for this as usual and Franny will want a good show too.Leeds soon will put on a really good performance,one where most things go right and score a lot of points.A few leeds players have been criticising the new ball saying its the reason they have ben making handling error's.If they rectify that area it could be one of those nights.Leeds by 18

Edited by fieldofclothofgold, 26 March 2013 - 01:56 PM.

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#5 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,171 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

Bradford squad: James Donaldson, Adam Sidlow, Jamie Langley, Manase Manuokafoa, John Bateman, Brett Kearney, Nick Scruton, Heath L'Estrange, Adrian Purtell, Keith Lulia, Elliott Whitehead, Elliot Kear, Jarrod Sammut, Danny Addy, Tom Olbison, Chev Walker, Matty Blythe, Jamie Foster, Matt Diskin.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#6 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,792 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:09 PM

Sorry everyone, but you have been overlooking the irrefutable evidence of "Good Game/Bad Game" that our season has been following. As such, after a loss last week, expect nothing but a Bulls win on Thursday. (Good news for Salford fans on Monday though).

(In actuality, the fact Leeds will have had nearly 2 weeks off will probably end up being the difference in this I feel).

Edited by Amber Avenger, 26 March 2013 - 02:10 PM.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#7 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,171 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

Leeds squad: Kallum Watkins, Joel Moon, Ryan Hall, Danny McGuire, Rob Burrow, Kylie Leuluai, Paul McShane, Jamie Peacock, Jamie Jones-Buchanan, Carl Ablett, Kevin Sinfield, Stevie Ward, Brett Delaney, Ryan Bailey, Ian Kirke, Chris Clarkson, Mitch Achurch, Richard Moore, Joe Vickery.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#8 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,823 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

Is time off always a good thing?

#9 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,792 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

Maybe. The Bulls were in France though, one of the more disruptive away games.
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

#10 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

I always feel confident (well, fairly) going into games at Headingley, even when logic tells me it ain't gonna happen. You can never predict the result of 'derby' games and I'll go for this one not being any different. Buls to win hopefully, if we can get a following wind.. B)
No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#11 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

Write us off but we'll stuff 'em. Kearney, future MOS will bag a brace. My heart bleeds red amber and black as the goliaths roll through Headingley. The Rhinos will fear the charge of disbelief as West Yorkshire explodes into a volcano of desruction.

Leeds by 6

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#12 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

They arent looking bad, but I think they are just missing something. What it is, I cant tell you, but its stopping them being a good team at the moment.

I can. It's Luke Gale, who was looking a very good player last year and is (along with L'Estrange) the on field organiser.
People called Romans they go the house

#13 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

Is time off always a good thing?

It will be this time because It was unscheduled. Leeds will have been training hard for 2 weeks with no rest days like you would in the playoffs and the players weren't happy the Wakefield game didn't go ahead. They'll be fired up so if the Bulls get the ball 1st watch the 1st hit of the game, probably by Leuluai.

#14 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

I can. It's Luke Gale, who was looking a very good player last year and is (along with L'Estrange) the on field organiser.

No, it's not that. There's something else. It's the games you don't turn up to that I'm talking about. There's just something about this Bulls team that isn't right and I can't place my finger on it just yet. It might be attitude but I just get a feeling they'll bomb at some point in the season. I hope I'm wrong, but it feels a bit like they don't believe in their own ability.

#15 Mortis

Mortis
  • Coach
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

Yes, Bradford can either turn teams over or turn over and go to sleep so far this season. But, as I've said before, until the Catalans game, we had the third best attack and the fifth best defense. Once they click and get some consistency, they'll be a great team. Let's just hope it is soon. Preferably this Thursday night :D
I'm not mad but I am...

Donkeys forever, forever Donkeys!

#16 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,141 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

Write us off but we'll stuff 'em. Kearney, future MOS will bag a brace. My heart bleeds red amber and black as the goliaths roll through Headingley. The Rhinos will fear the charge of disbelief as West Yorkshire explodes into a volcano of desruction.

Leeds by 6

:D

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#17 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

Well it's a short turn-around for us on the back of a disrupted trip to France and a thin squad so that makes the Rhinos favourites. And a trip to the home of the Ex-World Champions is always tricky. Still, we're a good side at the moment so there's every chance of a result.
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#18 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,792 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

I hope I'm wrong, but it feels a bit like they don't believe in their own ability.

I do think you are a bit wide of the mark here. Whilst there is something missing, it certainly isn't belief (I haven't seen a Bulls squad this confident in their own skin for almost 7 years). I think the Gale point is nearer the truth and I think most Bulls fans would likely agree. Sammut is great, but he's very much a feast or famine kind of player and no prizes for guessing that the games he has turned up in this year are the ones we have come away with 2 points. I'd hope we'd be a more consistant side with both Gale and Diskin returning for longer runs in the team.
SQL Honours

#19 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:59 AM

Can't wait for this one! Not been to the derby for a couple of years and Headingley, despite being a sh*t hole, is very good when its full up!

Bulls by 2 in a thriller! (Altho the trip to France vs 2wks off could also end up in us getting spanked!)
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#20 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,876 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

Agree with Mr Posh based on Saturday's game. Sammut has the talent to produce tries where there aren't any (and on occasion blow the odd easy one too!) but they looked like another side lacking an on-field organiser to me. Hull are also in this bracket when Holdsworth is absent.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users