Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

28/03/13 - Leeds Rhinos v Bradford Bulls - KO 8pm

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Leeds Rhinos (10 votes [55.56%])

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

2. Bradford Bulls (6 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Draw (2 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,139 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:38 AM

Agree with Mr Posh based on Saturday's game. Sammut has the talent to produce tries where there aren't any (and on occasion blow the odd easy one too!) but they looked like another side lacking an on-field organiser to me. Hull are also in this bracket when Holdsworth is absent.

L'Estrange does it well when he's on, but we seem to lack direction when Diskin is on the field - which is something I find quite surprising but a little worrying.

Whilst I'm not sure Gale is knocking on the door of international selection, he game was improving at such a rate last year that it felt like another season of a similar level of improvement and he might be - and it is certainly his type of steady, consistent scrum-half play that England is lacking (we seem to have a stream of decent stand-offs that we feel the need to shoe-horn into the scrum-half position).
People called Romans they go the house

#22 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

No, it's not that. There's something else. It's the games you don't turn up to that I'm talking about. There's just something about this Bulls team that isn't right and I can't place my finger on it just yet. It might be attitude but I just get a feeling they'll bomb at some point in the season. I hope I'm wrong, but it feels a bit like they don't believe in their own ability.

It's being a recognised prop or two down this season, especially when Langley hasn't played (even though he should have been there for years, he was the archetypal prop at loose in SL). Using Manuokafoa, Sidlow and Scruton has sometimes worked, but sometimes, like last week, it hasn't and we've faded - either run over or run out of juice. Walker has filled in too, but he misses too many tackles.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#23 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

... if we bomb it'll be through lack of numbers. But we're living within our means and that equates to a smaller squad this season. We've used all of our 22 available first team players so far (Gale and Evans to come back), and was close to debuting Sam Wood who isn't really ear-marked for a first team outing this season.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#24 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

Leeds by 12.

#25 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:14 PM

Oh dear.

http://www.superleag...management.html
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#26 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

Yeah, a bit silly, but hardly a sacking offence though. I've seen many variations of those since I've been watching RL.

I don't know much about this but by all accounts it was a few Leeds twitchforks who were rabble rousing and this knee-jerk reaction took place. Most mild-mannered Bradford and Leeds fans took it with a pinch of salt and accepted the apology and that it was a light hearted joke that back-fired.

A big shame because despite problems with stock that were out of his control, he was a great asset to the club and the shop looked great. Still, something has to offend someone these days.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#27 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

Spoke to him once or twice and he had a load of passion for the club despite not being from an RL background. Massive shame, and unless there is something else behind the scenes we haven't been told, seems like a total over-reaction and another PR own goal for the club.

EDIT - Especially when a certain former member of this forum has partial control of the OFFICIAL Bulls account and has openly criticised refs with it. A much worse image for the club IMO.

Edited by Amber Avenger, 27 March 2013 - 02:42 PM.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#28 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

Spoke to him once or twice and he had a load of passion for the club despite not being from an RL background. Massive shame, and unless there is something else behind the scenes we haven't been told, seems like a total over-reaction and another PR own goal for the club.

EDIT - Especially when a certain former member of this forum has partial control of the OFFICIAL Bulls account and has openly criticised refs with it. A much worse image for the club IMO.

Does seem to be an overreaction but as you say we don't know what else has happened.
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#29 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

Daft.

On its own its not a sacking offence!

#30 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 999 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:44 AM

He has? When? He's always been pretty professional with it and does a hell of a lot of good with it.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#31 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:12 AM

Bradford, by 7.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#32 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:14 AM

These tests just keep coming and this is the biggest of them all. I dunno, I'm not expecting much but hope for the two points, even if it's the worst derby game in Super League history! I better get wrapped up warm. Leeds aren't invincible and it's been rather nip and tuck over the last few seasons which like all derbies means form goes out of the window.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#33 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

These tests just keep coming and this is the biggest of them all. I dunno, I'm not expecting much but hope for the two points, even if it's the worst derby game in Super League history! I better get wrapped up warm. Leeds aren't invincible and it's been rather nip and tuck over the last few seasons which like all derbies means form goes out of the window.

Agree with that. Leeds were only fifth last year against our sixth [before deduction] and [I know they've played fewer games] currently below us. They have a generally more expesively put together squad, are at home and obviously must start favourites, but are indeed far from invincible.
No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#34 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

If the last couple of years have told us anything its that any team can come to Headingley and potentially get a win during the regular season.

The lack of game last week for Leeds could go either way and this early in the season probably wont have a big effect on the teams.

Should be a good, close game. Ill go Leeds by 8.

#35 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

He has? When? He's always been pretty professional with it and does a hell of a lot of good with it.

"A hell of a lot of good" is overstating the case a tad I feel. In general, it's OK, not great and a lot of guff comes out of the account and not just from our old pal. Some people seem to like it though, so who am I to judge. I think the whole club needs to go on social media awareness training- players included.

Keep an eye out if the Bulls are on the wrong end of the penalty count tonight, that's the last time the twitter account was "professional".

Edited by Amber Avenger, 28 March 2013 - 01:31 PM.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

#36 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

Note: I reserve the right to edit this poll if Leeds win tonight... B)

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#37 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

...and *whisper it quietly* someone may be on a hospitality freebie for tonight's game... :blush:

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#38 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 999 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

"A hell of a lot of good" is overstating the case a tad I feel. In general, it's OK, not great and a lot of guff comes out of the account and not just from our old pal. Some people seem to like it though, so who am I to judge. I think the whole club needs to go on social media awareness training- players included.

Keep an eye out if the Bulls are on the wrong end of the penalty count tonight, that's the last time the twitter account was "professional".

He keeps the Bulls name out there and gives more info out than the rest of the league put together. Who else would do a minute by minute review of an U19s game :lol:

I have never seen him go too far on there when talking about penalty counts and I have never seen him actually criticise the referee. The more he tweets, the more the Bulls name is out there and it looks like the club care. It creates more of a bond with the supporters IMO.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#39 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

Are you two going to the game tonight?

Or will you both be up a tree; k-i-s-s-i-n-g?

:P :P

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#40 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

He keeps the Bulls name out there and gives more info out than the rest of the league put together. Who else would do a minute by minute review of an U19s game :lol:

I have never seen him go too far on there when talking about penalty counts and I have never seen him actually criticise the referee. The more he tweets, the more the Bulls name is out there and it looks like the club care. It creates more of a bond with the supporters IMO.

Does because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it hasn't happened! Think we'll have to agree to disagree, far more important things to argue about, like the match!
SQL Honours