Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

28/03/13 - Leeds Rhinos v Bradford Bulls - KO 8pm

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Leeds Rhinos (10 votes [55.56%])

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

2. Bradford Bulls (6 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Draw (2 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

Leeds petulance cost them in the end.

ANOTHER draw. Super League just keeps getting more and more one sided, eh Lobby!

Yeh but what about Wigan and Widnes???? Who cares if the last 6 games aside from this one have a combined difference of 34 or less than 6 points per game, Wigan and Widnes was a real shocker and is proof the game is in turmoil!

#122 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

Ablett should have been in the bin after holding down 3 times. Bailey ran in after the spear on JJB but las usual only wanted to have a go at smaller players as he soon left it alone that big lad with the long name got hold of him.

Edited by markleeds, 28 March 2013 - 10:09 PM.

#123 Davc1h

Davc1h
  • Players
  • 23 posts

Absolutely great advert for Superleague that one.

I would love to see Bradford at the top again.

Leeds will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season i reckon. Just need to cut out the petulance. Even Leeds fans must see Bailey is not good for the team.

#124 Stan Doffarf

Stan Doffarf
  • Coach
  • 986 posts

Cracking game. Draw just about fair but a great effort from the Bulls after a three day turnaround, and Leeds nearly two weeks. Look for a big let down against the Reds on Monday.
And when they found our shadows
Grouped around the TV sets
They ran down every lead
They repeated every test
They checked out all the data on their lists
And then the alien anthropologists
Admitted they were still perplexed
But on eliminating every other reason
For our sad demise
They logged the only explanation left
This species has amused itself to death
No tears to cry no feelings left
This species has amused itself to death

#125 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

Bentham got nearly everything right. The calls he made were very brave, he could of easily let peacock being offside go but he made the correct call. Bateman got under the skin of both Ablett and Peacock, it cost Leeds the game.

The result was what every neutral wanted it to be. Best game I've seen this season by a distance. The standard of the game was exceptional, it had everthing from intensity to sublime skill to just sheer hard work.

Elliot Kear was at fault for Peacocks try but apart from that he had a great game. Sorry I'll stop being Eddie Hemmings Elliot Whitehead was brilliant. He is a real threat with ball in hand. Bateman is going to be world class, there isn't any doubt about it. I like Bradfords side I don't know why. There's something about it, Sammut and Addy are so unorthodox halves its very entertaining to watch.

Bailey was an idiot as always. Every single person Watkins runs at they seem to look frightened of him. If he carries on like he is he'll be a shoe in for England, needs to work on his defence though. Ablett had a shocker and Delaney needs to get more credit for the amount of work he gets through. Atchurch was much improved.

Absolutely incredible game, wish every game in SL was like it.

2 games in SL tonight Lobby. Average of 3 points between all the sides or half a score. Think the RFL need to stop the blowouts if you ask me :D

#126 carlos

carlos
  • Coach
  • 420 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

God knows how the Bulls hung in there because we gave so many penalties away to give Leeds cheap position, scrambling D was superb..

#127 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,232 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

Cracking game, scruffy, nasty, skilful and entertaining.

Another absolute walkover points fest which has shown that SL provides no close games.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#128 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

Bulls deserved to get a win Leeds wanted to fight and it cost them well done bulls

#129 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,532 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

Great game, loved it. A bit of something for everyone in there.

A Fev Blog

#130 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,732 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

Great game, Bentham let the game flow, the only thing he got wrong was the Sinfield knock on. Peacock probably cost Leeds, pushing at the tackle meant the drop goal was ruled out, then got sin binned.

Great for the neutrals

#131 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,395 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

Cracking game, scruffy, nasty, skilful and entertaining.

Another absolute walkover points fest which has shown that SL provides no close games.

Aye. They are so much closer in the League of Real Rugby...Halifax v Dewsbury for example. :-)

#132 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,532 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

Aye. They are so much closer in the League of Real Rugby...Halifax v Dewsbury for example. :-)

As boring and unnecessary as the posters you're trying to take the wee out of.

A Fev Blog

#133 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

As boring and unnecessary as the posters you're trying to take the wee out of.

I disagree, the negative posters that he is taking the mick out of dominate this forum and jump on every little event. It's nice to be able to put two fingers up to them.

#134 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,590 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

That was a great game of rugby league, with something for everyone and the best kind of finish. Good to see Bradford fighting again and playing some good rugby as well.

#135 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,532 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

I disagree, the negative posters that he is taking the mick out of dominate this forum and jump on every little event. It's nice to be able to put two fingers up to them.

I guess it depends on your perspective. I find it pretty even on the ###### for tat irrelevant jibing. Both sets of posters are guilty. S'boring.

A Fev Blog

#136 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,532 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

I can't say t i t for tat?? -_-

A Fev Blog

#137 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

Anyway, moving on.. Great show from the Bulls, I just think they lack options on the last tackle.

Fantastic entertainment tonight - it genuinely looks like SL is getting more and more unpredictable.

#138 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,134 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:41 PM

I'll take that.

I'm a little disappointed that we looked a little devoid of attacking ideas at times, but I thought we held on well.

Right, I'll watch the game and read all the flak tomorrow. I'm off for a sleep.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#139 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

Thought we were the better side in a top class game.

For those who couldn't see what the fuss was about re Whitehead & Bateman then it was there to see tonight. Olbison and Addy aren't far off either.

Love the Bulls...
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#140 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,239 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

I'll take that.

I'm a little disappointed that we looked a little devoid of attacking ideas at times, but I thought we held on well.

Right, I'll watch the game and read all the flak tomorrow. I'm off for a sleep.

to be fair you looked devoid of attacking ideas against a champion team. Thats not a massive issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users