Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

28/03/13 - Leeds Rhinos v Bradford Bulls - KO 8pm

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Leeds Rhinos (10 votes [55.56%])

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

2. Bradford Bulls (6 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Draw (2 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#161 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

Peacock looked knackered even relatively early on in the game.....not sure if age is finally catching up with him or if he went all out too early in the game......perhaps the fatigue got the better of him hence the brainfarts

#162 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,571 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

Ablett should have been in the bin after holding down 3 times. Bailey ran in after the spear on JJB but las usual only wanted to have a go at smaller players as he soon left it alone that big lad with the long name got hold of him.

I wasn't there ,but what about tTackle you referred to as a spear?

Was it Leeds' call though? He is a Huddersfield player.

(Typical Leeds fan thinking they run the league!) :P

Leeds couldnt sign him he was on more money at huddersfield than Leeds could pay.Theydont break the cap,and dont break their pay structure,but I wish he was here

Edited by fieldofclothofgold, 29 March 2013 - 02:38 PM.

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#163 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

Theydont break the cap...

They don't need to with all these international representative dispensations. Explains why there are so many Leeds players in the England squad. :P

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#164 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

It's not over officious he's off side he can get away with being offside if he gives the defender ten metres. He didn't do that so the ref has no option.

My point is a wider one than just this incident, JJB had absolutely zero influence on the play, he did'nt attract a defender and he did'nt impede a defender. He was technicaly inside the ten and therefore as the rules state he infringed on the play and a penalty can be given but wheres the discretion that would allow us to see good attacking play rewarded rather than stopping the game for what amounted to a technical penalty.

#165 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,571 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

They don't need to with all these international representative dispensations. Explains why there are so many Leeds players in the England squad. :P

Well here you all are back to your old cheeky impudent best,as if the past has not just repeated itself again and again and again.Bet you wont get anyting next time you come out with the begging bowl,and getting the league to buy your ground.You must have though its a long time since 1964 lets give it another go ;) ;) ;) ;)
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#166 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

Well here you all are back to your old cheeky impudent best,as if the past has not just repeated itself again and again and again.Bet you wont get anyting next time you come out with the begging bowl,and getting the league to buy your ground.You must have though its a long time since 1964 lets give it another go ;) ;) ;) ;)

Who peed on your snowman?! Cripes!

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#167 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,571 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

Who peed on your snowman?! Cripes!

I thought we were having a bit of mischievous banter.Idint mean it honest :(

Edited by fieldofclothofgold, 29 March 2013 - 03:15 PM.

The hour is getting late

JAMIE PEACOCK

#168 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

I thought we were having a bit of mischievous banter.Idint mean it honest :(

Phew ok, didn't think you were malicious! I think the nearly going bust thing is still a bit raw!! And even if there was a minority of fans from numerous clubs happy to see us go under, the majority including the coaches and chairman have been open about why it benefits a lot of clubs if we're strong. And me, I hold many clubs in high regard for how they helped us financially, directly or indirectly.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#169 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

Bentham got nearly everything right. The calls he made were very brave, he could of easily let peacock being offside go but he made the correct call. Bateman got under the skin of both Ablett and Peacock, it cost Leeds the game.

The result was what every neutral wanted it to be. Best game I've seen this season by a distance. The standard of the game was exceptional, it had everthing from intensity to sublime skill to just sheer hard work.

Elliot Kear was at fault for Peacocks try but apart from that he had a great game. Sorry I'll stop being Eddie Hemmings Elliot Whitehead was brilliant. He is a real threat with ball in hand. Bateman is going to be world class, there isn't any doubt about it. I like Bradfords side I don't know why. There's something about it, Sammut and Addy are so unorthodox halves its very entertaining to watch.

Bailey was an idiot as always. Every single person Watkins runs at they seem to look frightened of him. If he carries on like he is he'll be a shoe in for England, needs to work on his defence though. Ablett had a shocker and Delaney needs to get more credit for the amount of work he gets through. Atchurch was much improved.

Absolutely incredible game, wish every game in SL was like it.

2 games in SL tonight Lobby. Average of 3 points between all the sides or half a score. Think the RFL need to stop the blowouts if you ask me :D

Can't argue with any of that except live and on replay thought the JJB decision was wrong. Good to see rugby's biggest derby alive and kicking again ;-)

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#170 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

My point is a wider one than just this incident, JJB had absolutely zero influence on the play, he did'nt attract a defender and he did'nt impede a defender. He was technicaly inside the ten and therefore as the rules state he infringed on the play and a penalty can be given but wheres the discretion that would allow us to see good attacking play rewarded rather than stopping the game for what amounted to a technical penalty.

His simply being within the ten puts pressure on the defender and causes him to take the off-side player into account when decision making, so it's incorrect to say there was "zero" influence.
No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#171 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,165 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

His simply being within the ten puts pressure on the defender and causes him to take the off-side player into account when decision making, so it's incorrect to say there was "zero" influence.

yep - it does appear harsh but when a defender has to make a decision with two defenders chasing him rather than one it can make that decision much harder and a player more likely to make an error.

The rules are quite clear JJB was offside he shouldnt have been up there sprinting after the ball to put pressure on the defender.

#172 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,571 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

Peacock looked knackered even relatively early on in the game.....not sure if age is finally catching up with him or if he went all out too early in the game......perhaps the fatigue got the better of him hence the brainfarts

Peacock is 35 but been getting top ratings for his performances this season
The hour is getting late

JAMIE PEACOCK

#173 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 14,955 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

Cracking game, scruffy, nasty, skilful and entertaining.

Another absolute walkover points fest which has shown that SL provides no close games.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#174 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users