League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

28/03/13 - London Broncos v Catalan Dragons - KO 8pm

Club news release

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted London Broncos (7 votes [58.33%])

Percentage of vote: 58.33%

2. Catalan Dragons (5 votes [41.67%])

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 934 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

http://www1.skysport...played-at-Esher

I can't take anymore someone put my club out of it's misery.

Edited by The Daddy_merged, 26 March 2013 - 06:54 PM.

#22 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,529 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

Seriously? Would you sooner they called the game off?

#23 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 934 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

Seriously? Would you sooner they called the game off?

Yes.

#24 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,529 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

You must be a massive fan. Shame there's not more like you.

#25 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,616 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

what's the capacity?

I can't see the problem, other than the fact that oily Inverdale might show up
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#26 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

Surrey Heath ARLFC used to play their home games here, I wonder if the crowd will be big enough to open 2 turnstiles?
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#27 DAZROVER1985

DAZROVER1985
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

Isn't there minimum stadium criteria for super league games or has that been scrapped

#28 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,787 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

Its actually a bit easier/quicker to get to from the Stoop isnt it if it is only 300 yards from the station?

Sort of tempted to go for a change. Are there any good pubs to/from the ground?

#29 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

Nobody seems to have any problem with Cas playing out of a bunch of falling down corrugated iron sheds. Many of our Championship 1 teams play out of better stadia than Cas do yet Cas are allowed to continue playing, and without the bitchiness that always seems to accompany anything the Broncos do.

I think it's a good thing to change grounds as it was clear from their game last week that the Stoop was in a terrible state. At Saints, if our pitch was unplayable, we have the good fortune of being within spitting distance of other modern, well built stadia. The Broncos don't have that advantage and yet still people have a dig.

Alternatively you could look at it a different way. While Cas have been forced to look at getting a new stadium due to SL criteria and really stretching themselves financially, one of the other SL clubs are playing at a ground so bad that they are having to rearrange a fixture at a ground with a 3,000 capacity

Yes, all hail London
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#30 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 708 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

Esher's website says their main stand has a capacity of 1200- will everybody who attends be able to fit in or is there the possibility that the match day experience will include a compulsory soaking for later arrivals?
www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#31 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

Isn't there minimum stadium criteria for super league games or has that been scrapped

RFL Dispensation. and this was never going to be a "house full" game

As probably the only one on here who h\as been to Esher RFC, it's a super little Rugby Club bang on Hersham Station,.limited choice of shops in the area, but good catering in the ground. I confess I have not been to Esher at 8.00pm at night so cannot comment on the floodlights but all being well and the weather fine I look forward to being on the grass bank on the half-way iine.

I was at the Hull FC game an hour and a half before the game started, and to be honest, given the state of the pitch it was a margin call to go ahead with the game. Given that RL is part of the entertainment industry and quite a few had come from Hull. I think it was the right call to put on a show on the day but I can easily see how the pitch would not be in a fit state to play on this Thursday.

As Harlequins have links with Esher, loaning players much like the RL feeder club approach, I suspect they helped the Broncos out here. The only complaint I have is that the kick off time remains 8.00pm when it could easily have been moved forward by 30 mins for the benefit of those of us who will be getting home at midnight.

Amidst the indignation here and elsewhere about the lack of respect for the fanbase, I suppose there are some souls out there who are not quite up to speed with the fact that the club is essentially run by a one man committee who is looking for a "personal return on his investment" before ceasing to fund the club in 2015. You are indeed watching RL's version of Lashings CC you ingrates

Stop blaming Gus Mackay - he does not make policy he does what his boss tells him to do.

Edited by THE RED ROOSTER, 26 March 2013 - 08:18 PM.

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#32 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 934 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

As probably the only one on here who h\as been to Esher RFC, it's a super little Rugby Club bang on Hersham Station,.limited choice of shops in the area, but good catering in the ground. I confess I have not been to Esher at 8.00pm at night so cannot comment on the floodlights but all being well and the weather fine I look forward to being on the grass bank on the half-way iine.

I was at the Hull FC game an hour and a half before the game started, and to be honest, given the state of the pitch it was a margin call to go ahead with the game. Given that RL is part of the entertainment industry and quite a few had come from Hull. I think it was the right call to put on a show on the day but I can easily see how the pitch would not be in a fit state to play on this Thursday.

As Harlequins have links with Esher, loaning players much like the RL feeder club approach, I suspect they helped the Broncos out here. The only complaint I have is that the kick off time remains 8.00pm when it could easily have been moved forward by 30 mins for the benefit of those of us who will be getting home at midnight.

Amidst the indignation here and elsewhere about the lack of respect for the fanbase, I suppose there are some souls out there who are not quite up to speed with the fact that the club is essentially run by a one man committee who is looking for a "personal return on his investment" before ceasing to fund the club in 2015. You are indeed watching RL's version of Lashings CC you ingrates

Stop blaming Gus Mackay - he does not make policy he does what his boss tells him to do.

By the way i've actually played at the ground too.

#33 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

By the way i've actually played at the ground too.

me too - an RL nines comp as it goes
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#34 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 934 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

Agree with you on the comments regarding Gus, I dont blame him the issues surrounding the club are long standing since before his tenure and I dont expect much change on the limited resources he has at his disposal. If anyone is at fault it's David Hughes becausevof his mis management of the club since Ian Lenaghan left.

#35 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

Esher's website says their main stand has a capacity of 1200- will everybody who attends be able to fit in or is there the possibility that the match day experience will include a compulsory soaking for later arrivals?

That stand doesn't seem big enough to fit that many in, although on the aerial view on Bing Maps there does seem to be another stand on the opposite side. There is a small bit of cover in front of the clubhouse.
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#36 foozler

foozler
  • Coach
  • 958 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:47 PM

That stand doesn't seem big enough to fit that many in, although on the aerial view on Bing Maps there does seem to be another stand on the opposite side. There is a small bit of cover in front of the clubhouse.

I would dearly love for the Broncos to be thriving, but on recent showings I would imagine that 1200 could well be about right for an 8 o'clock kick off on the Thursday before Easter, in the middle of a big freeze against a team with a handful of traveling support.

#37 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

Surrey Heath ARLFC used to play their home games here, I wonder if the crowd will be big enough to open 2 turnstiles?

Turnstiles? Looking at Google Streetview there don't seem many, if any, turnstiles.
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#38 foozler

foozler
  • Coach
  • 958 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

Hopefully the Broncos will be savvy enough to know that Esher is in Elmbridge and to invite everyone at Elmbridge Eagles RL along for the evening.

#39 burnleywelsh

burnleywelsh
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

Played on that pitch v Surrey Heath RL the day before meeting the future in-laws for the first time. Turned up in Lancashire with a broken nose and two black eyes. Future spouse not best pleased.....................got man of the match though. She still mentions it twenty years later...............let it go woman.

#40 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

Its actually a bit easier/quicker to get to from the Stoop isnt it if it is only 300 yards from the station?

Sort of tempted to go for a change. Are there any good pubs to/from the ground?

Is it within your Zone 1-62 travelcard?
- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users