League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

28/03/13 - London Broncos v Catalan Dragons - KO 8pm

Club news release

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted London Broncos (7 votes [58.33%])

Percentage of vote: 58.33%

2. Catalan Dragons (5 votes [41.67%])

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,433 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

Keeping the side that's now top of the table to a 1 try margin doesn't sound too bad. As far as the Bradford game's concerned, a move to another ground wouldn't suprise me as Quins won't want us playing on their 'precious' turf just before a vital Heineken Cup tie. Makes me ponder whether we've played our last game at the Stoop.

#102 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,619 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

Workington.v.London 1996 1400........
Halifax.v.London 2003 1276......

Lower than that?

and both were hurriedly rearranged in the face of freak weather at rugby union grounds: oops no they weren't

Let's not pretend that the Broncos don't have major problems. Biut its seems that problems have s different meaning for other clubs in the so called heartlands that have issues. Broncos have problems and they are a farce and a joke, a laughing stock and all the other clichs. Other clubs fo ome reason seem to b viewed differently. The two club you mention have been in and out of financial strife, and periods of meagre crowds for large chunks of their history.

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 29 March 2013 - 10:16 AM.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#103 westlondonfan

westlondonfan
  • Coach
  • 488 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

If they start winning at home they may see a gradual increase.

That has got to right. I enjoyed watching so close to the pitch. At the stoop you are some distance from pitch.i was on the car park side.

#104 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

Keeping the side that's now top of the table to a 1 try margin doesn't sound too bad. As far as the Bradford game's concerned, a move to another ground wouldn't suprise me as Quins won't want us playing on their 'precious' turf just before a vital Heineken Cup tie. Makes me ponder whether we've played our last game at the Stoop.

Id be surprised if weve played our last game there but can certainly see the Bulls fixture being played elsewhere.
As I say though its not good having Super League played at venues such as last night with all due respects to Esher.
We got the impression Cats werent that impressed and come 2220 when they left the dressing room area I have a
feeling they were straight out and onto the coach. But as I say I could be wrong there.

#105 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

I enjoyed last night - except for the result. There was a crowd of 1,136 in attendance which is not far short of the 1,200 I would have had as the attendance at the Stoop. All the London regular faces were there taking in the atmosphere
Keiran Dixon pre-game on the pitch was complaining the floodlights were low but in truth these were jo lower than those at the Old Willows.
As for the game disappointing that London shot themselves in the foot with at least 4 tries coming off turnovers and the only time Catalans were ahead was the last score.but if we keep turning the ball over that's what happens.
Esher as ever a hospitable club, and good to see a game going with few stewards standing around doing nothing unlike our Home Venue. A proper atmosphere there for both home and away fans, of of which there were a few, and better catering than at the Stoop.

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#106 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,619 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

a

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 29 March 2013 - 10:16 AM.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#107 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,990 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

Let's not pretend that the Broncos don't have major problems. But its seems that problems have a different meaning for other clubs in the so called heartlands that have issues. Broncos have problems and they are a farce and a joke, a laughing stock and all the other cliches. Other clubs for some reason seem to be viewed differently (by certain fans).

Then kick 'em out I say............

#108 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,990 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

As soon as Hughes goes then its good bye London Broncos.

You know that for sure??

Some say Hughes is the problem......

#109 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,433 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

The trouble is parksider the club will need a new sugar daddy ,IL had to wipe his shares out as there was zero interest.The only way the club will survive in SL if DH pulls the plug is with a very rich overseas backer and a complete clear out (Kookash style:)))))CM

Which hits the nail on the head nicely. In fact I think that I was the first person to openly question DH's running of the club some time back on the Broncos forum, but I'm not sure what the solution is. Perhaps the best thing would be for the current club to finally implode and a phoenix club be established in CC1 as has happened with the Crusaders (now a very well run little outfit), but living where I do I can't say whether there are the people with the interest or time to do this.

#110 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,790 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

I enjoyed last night - except for the result. There was a crowd of 1,136 in attendance which is not far short of the 1,200 I would have had as the attendance at the Stoop. All the London regular faces were there taking in the atmosphere
Keiran Dixon pre-game on the pitch was complaining the floodlights were low but in truth these were jo lower than those at the Old Willows.
As for the game disappointing that London shot themselves in the foot with at least 4 tries coming off turnovers and the only time Catalans were ahead was the last score.but if we keep turning the ball over that's what happens.
Esher as ever a hospitable club, and good to see a game going with few stewards standing around doing nothing unlike our Home Venue. A proper atmosphere there for both home and away fans, of of which there were a few, and better catering than at the Stoop.

Seconded. Would be even better in summer standing/sitting on the grass bank.

Walk to station was quick. I estimate it was half that for the Stoop

#111 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:32 AM

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users