Get the League Express Yearbook 2013/14, The Forbidden Game, All Blacks to All Golds and many more great Rugby League books at knock down prices in our Easter Sale on now at www.totalrl.com/shop but hurry, all offers end Sunday 27th April.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

disciplinary

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 west

west
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

just need all ncl clubs to get together to make the ncl review the fines and sending offs. as its a amateur sport and people and clubs r walking away from the sport.when professionals only get 1 or 2 matches and amateur r getting 6 to 8.what a joke.what can we do to change this

#2 British Lion

British Lion
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

Agree the RFL should come down harder on the pro clubs.

#3 6brackendale

6brackendale
  • Players
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

I agree the RFL need to come down harder on the Pro players who should show an example. I see there has been some really lengthy bans this week in the NCL

#4 Bobby Tupper

Bobby Tupper
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

What was the outcome of the meeting last night?
Rugby league players pretend not be injured for 80 minutes. Footballers pretend to be injured for 90

#5 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:44 PM

Ryan Ainscough - Wigan St.Judes - Running in - 2 Matches (£40)

Wayne Courtnage - Widnes West Bank - Deliberate Late Tackle - 7 Matches (£100)

Greg Pinchilingi - Widnes West Bank - Gouging - 7 Matches (£100)

Widnes West Bank - Incorrect Naming of Player on Teamsheet - £50

Paul Greaves - Normanton Knights - Conduct Warranting Dismissal - Guilty - SOS

Paul Brown - Lock Lane - Conduct Warranting Dismissal - Guilty - SOS

Kurtis Shaw - Wigan St.Cuthberts - Conduct Warrenting Dismissal - Guilty - SOS

Ovenden - Abuse of Touch Judge by Club Official - No Case to Answer
(all of the above lost their deposits for the personal hearings, all players appeared along with a club official with the exception of Pinchilingi from West Bank who was just represented by a club official)

Below these players were not represented

Craig Williams - Underbank Rangers - Head Butt - 5 Matches (£100)

Adam Hartley - East Leeds - Deliberate Use of Elbow - 5 Matches (£100)

Dominic Byrne - Dewsbury Celtic - Running In and Punching - 5 Matches (£100)

Dominic Byrne - Dewsbury Celtic - FAL to Referee RESPECT Campaign - 8 Matches (£100)

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#6 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

Personally I have no issues with the disciplinary actions/fines at this level, they are usually proportionate to the offence and if the players/officials represent themselves they get the chance to put their version of events across. I think the issues lie at professional level where players over the last couple of weeks have been given 1/2 games for things like FAL to Match Officials. This is where things need adjusting, not at NCL/Amateur Level.

Edited by thestatman, 26 March 2013 - 12:50 PM.

#7 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

We are suppossed to be operating under the same operational rules ,so someone needs to explain and justiy why the amatuer games outcomes are more severe.

Still cant understand how an head butt carries a lesser sentance than FAL to a ref ?

#8 jaguar

jaguar
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

The NCL use the Community Guidelines for all cases - and these are based on actual offences/degrees of offences - and they each have a guideline ban (for example 3-4 matches, 6-8 matches etc). The panel aren't allowed to deviate from those guidelines - except they can take into account the player's past record and extenuating circumstances (probably with the exception of FAL cases). The guidelines are on the RFL website.

If a player is found guilty of fighting, which might be 3-4 matches, and he hasn't been sent off before, he would probably get 3 matches minus 1 for past record. If he was a habitual fighter on the field, he would probably get 4 plus 1 match.

When I've ever queried the difference between the pro and amateur sentences, I've been told it's because the professional player earns a living from the game (Human Rights/stopping people earning a living and all that!), so they give them a shorter sentence but a much bigger fine - hence something daft like a 2 match ban with a £300 fine. I have to agree that some professional players' suspensions are scandalous for the acts they carry out sometimes.

At the end of the day, I suppose the amateur game has to be controlled and offenders punished, so that the vast majority of players can go to their club game on a weekend and not expect to end up in hospital through some idiot who likes to throw his weight around.

#9 jaguar

jaguar
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

Personally I have no issues with the disciplinary actions/fines at this level, they are usually proportionate to the offence and if the players/officials represent themselves they get the chance to put their version of events across. I think the issues lie at professional level where players over the last couple of weeks have been given 1/2 games for things like FAL to Match Officials. This is where things need adjusting, not at NCL/Amateur Level.

Fully agree there statman.

#10 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

We are suppossed to be operating under the same operational rules ,so someone needs to explain and justiy why the amatuer games outcomes are more severe.

Still cant understand how an head butt carries a lesser sentance than FAL to a ref ?

They can't be if amateurs were regularly given £300 or £400 fines they wouldn't pay them and just pack in.

#11 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

True but im not referring to the fines thats a cop out , i mean an amatuer player spends more time out of the game for the same offence, but i see what you mean re the fines .

#12 fatbirdsneedlovintoo

fatbirdsneedlovintoo
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:11 AM

Widnes west bank seem to have a few in there, 1st year in ncl??

#13 6brackendale

6brackendale
  • Players
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:37 AM

Agree the RFL should come down harder on the pro clubs.

Its West Banks 2nd season in the NCL

#14 sergei bubka

sergei bubka
  • Coach
  • 202 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

Its West Banks 2nd season in the NCL

they were up a lot last year aswell
GREASE MY POLE!

#15 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

The West Bank player found guilty of gouging will have his case heard at the next disciplinary meeting. This is due to a misunderstanding on the evening of the last meeting. He is free to play in the meantime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users