Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

29/03/13 - Hull FC v Hull KR - KO 2.45pm

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Hull FC (6 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. Voted Hull KR (8 votes [53.33%])

Percentage of vote: 53.33%

3. Draw (1 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,062 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

Discuss the game here.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#2 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:54 AM

A convincing Rovers win over the Hybrids.

Hull's attack will be severely affected by the loss of Daniel Holdsworth. Con Mika will put on a massive shot straight from the off and Greg Eden will catch everything in sight, scoring first at 15/1 and earning me £75 on Sky Bet.

Cory Paterson will put Tom Briscoe into the stands with a monster of a fend whilst David Hodgson will nip in for a try at the death as the packed out north stand sing, 'You thought it was yours, you thought it was yours, we saw you dancing as Dave Hodgson scored!'

Lovegrove's passes will go backwards to the ironic cheers for the Neil Hudgell east stand bin dippers. Steve Ganson will employ the stewards from Warrington as his security team.

Lee Radford will not come out of retirement and you won't find a single Hull FC picture anywhere!

Final score: 6-42.

:D

#3 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,450 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:32 AM

Gareth Ellis to come on 30 seconds from the end and score the winner from the most outrageous forward pass you've ever seen.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#4 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

A convincing Rovers win over the Hybrids.

Hull's attack will be severely affected by the loss of Daniel Holdsworth. Con Mika will put on a massive shot straight from the off and Greg Eden will catch everything in sight, scoring first at 15/1 and earning me £75 on Sky Bet.

Cory Paterson will put Tom Briscoe into the stands with a monster of a fend whilst David Hodgson will nip in for a try at the death as the packed out north stand sing, 'You thought it was yours, you thought it was yours, we saw you dancing as Dave Hodgson scored!'

Lovegrove's passes will go backwards to the ironic cheers for the Neil Hudgell east stand bin dippers. Steve Ganson will employ the stewards from Warrington as his security team.

Lee Radford will not come out of retirement and you won't find a single Hull FC picture anywhere!

Final score: 6-42.

You been on the celery again ?

#5 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,882 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

You been on the celery again ?

Either that or someone's been tickling him somewhere with it.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#6 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

You can't knock a good stick of ye ole celery. I'm sure the flag will be flown at some point during the game!

I really can't call it. A good attack against a good defence. The sides almost cancel out each other. I think we can prevail if we improve our defence but we've only really defended well against Warrington this season. Sides who have not scored many points, like Cas' and Salford, have scored well against us.

#7 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,062 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

Referee: S Ganson
Touch Judge: M Craven
Touch Judge: W Turley
Reserve: M Kidd
Match Commissioner: G Kershaw
Video Referee: I Smith
Time Keeper: R Tennant

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#8 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,450 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

You can't knock a good stick of ye ole celery. I'm sure the flag will be flown at some point during the game!

It won't be allowed in.

We operate a strict celery cap.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#9 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,698 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

You can't knock a good stick of ye ole celery.

Out of interest, why have KR fans resurrected the celery chant?

I'm looking forward to a veggie breakfast in the pub with the boys. The only thing better than breakfast with RoyBoy is seeing Old Frightful's beaming face before 9am:

Posted Image

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

#10 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

It won't be allowed in.

We operate a strict celery cap.

I hope flag-based celery is permitted ha!

Out of interest, why have KR fans resurrected the celery chant?

Rovers fans have been singing it for years. Although I believe those that have in the past thrown celery have discontinued their hobby!

The flag isn't actually mine. Stealing my brand so they are!

#11 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

I hope flag-based celery is permitted ha!

Rovers fans have been singing it for years. Although I believe those that have in the past thrown celery have discontinued their hobby!

The flag isn't actually mine. Stealing my brand so they are!

What about the cockerell

Edited by westhuller, 26 March 2013 - 04:46 PM.

#12 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,698 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

Yeah, some have, but I wondered why it has spread to the point where it has actually become audible again. Just curious to know whether something specific had triggered its popularity or whether like all things it's just slowly come back in fashion. If it's the latter I hold out the hope it won't be long before flares are back. :D

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

#13 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

What about the cockerell

I'm sure he'll be there :D

Yeah, some have, but I wondered why it has spread to the point where it has actually become audible again. Just curious to know whether something specific had triggered its popularity or whether like all things it's just slowly come back in fashion. If it's the latter I hold out the hope it won't be long before flares are back. :D

I think a lot of the younger generation have latched onto it again. Someone did let off a smoke bomb close to me in the pre-season game. The atmosphere was fantastic in our end after that point. Some loved it, others were not too keen.

#14 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,882 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

Just curious to know whether something specific had triggered its popularity or whether like all things it's just slowly come back in fashion. If it's the latter I hold out the hope it won't be long before flares are back. :D

Someone did let off a smoke bomb close to me in the pre-season game.

:lol: :lol:

I think you're at cross purposes there Adam, mate.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#15 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

A crass double entendre haha!!

#16 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

Ellis back in 19 man squad interesting

#17 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

From what I've seen recently Rovers are pretty much a two man team - Dobson & Patterson. Unless the occasion lifts the rest substantially I reckon a dour ill-tempered FC win coupled with awful on-field phonemics.
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#18 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

I've gone for FC as the home side, but the form book means nothing in games like this and it could go either way.

#19 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,450 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:18 AM

From what I've seen recently Rovers are pretty much a two man team - Dobson & Patterson. Unless the occasion lifts the rest substantially I reckon a dour ill-tempered FC win coupled with awful on-field phonemics.

Kirk Yeaman's a big loss for us in that department.

#20 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

Two more than FC have been recently ;)

Mind, if Gaz Ellis is back on the team sheet this begins their assault on the Grand Final surely...

A dour game clinched by rovers in the dying stages

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users