TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

29/03/13 - Hull FC v Hull KR - KO 2.45pm

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Hull FC (6 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. Voted Hull KR (8 votes [53.33%])

Percentage of vote: 53.33%

3. Draw (1 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

Hull KR squad: Liam Salter, Alex Brown, Adam Walker, Graeme Horne, George Griffin, Cory Paterson, Con Mika, Evarn Tuimavave, Kris Welham, Travis Burns, Craig Hall, Mickey Paea, Keal Carlile, Jordan Cox, Michael Dobson, David Hodgson, Greg Eden, Rhys Lovegrove, Josh Hodgson.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#22 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

Hull FC squad: Joe Arundel, Josh Bowden, Tom Briscoe, Jason Crookes, Ben Crooks, Ben Galea, Chris Green, Aaron Heremaia, Richard Horne, Danny Houghton, Paul Johnson, Tom Lineham, Andy Lynch, Mark O'Meley, Jay Pitts, Danny Tickle, Liam Watts, Joe Westerman, Richard Whiting.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#23 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,077 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

So no Ellis then. Probably for the best. Pointless risking him if he's not ready. It's not second row where we have a problem.

No McDonnell or Yeaman yet either. Wonder who they'll put to full back (can't surely have Briscoe there again), and which one of the three quarters will miss out. Probably Crookes.

No halves and no full back. Too much of an ask IMO. Team I'd have:

1. Whiting
2. Lineham
3. Arundel
4. Crooks
5. Briscoe
6. Horne
7. Heremaia
8. Watts
9. Houghton
10. Lynch
11. Tickle
12. Westerman
13. Galea

14. O'Meley
15. Johnson
16. Green
17. Pitts

Yeah, not confident there!
Posted Image

#24 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

From what I've seen recently Rovers are pretty much a two man team - Dobson & Patterson. Unless the occasion lifts the rest substantially I reckon a dour ill-tempered FC win coupled with awful on-field phonemics.

Dobson is with doubt our lynchpin and has been for a couple of years but the arrival of Travis Burns has taken off a lot of the pressure placed on him. Our tries mainly come through our back line: David Hodgson (6); Greg Eden, Kris Welham and Omari Caro (4); and Craig hall (3) so you can see what sort of attacking options we have.

My main concern is winning the floor and turning Hull around. I think they come hand in hand attacking-wise and defensively we need to be very strong, as Hull appear to be.

#25 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

Dobson is with doubt our lynchpin and has been for a couple of years but the arrival of Travis Burns has taken off a lot of the pressure placed on him. Our tries mainly come through our back line: David Hodgson (6); Greg Eden, Kris Welham and Omari Caro (4); and Craig hall (3) so you can see what sort of attacking options we have.

My main concern is winning the floor and turning Hull around. I think they come hand in hand attacking-wise and defensively we need to be very strong, as Hull appear to be.

True, but the ball has to get to the back line. And it invariably comes from a play by Dobson. Burns hasn't impressed yet, but it's early days for him.

I was really disappointed with Rovers at Odsal the other week. Bordering on feeling sorry for Dobson and Patterson, the rest didn't seem to be ars ed.
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#26 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

True, but the ball has to get to the back line. And it invariably comes from a play by Dobson. Burns hasn't impressed yet, but it's early days for him.

I was really disappointed with Rovers at Odsal the other week. Bordering on feeling sorry for Dobson and Patterson, the rest didn't seem to be ars ed.

I was equally as disappointed mate. You were a lot quicker around the ruck, won the floor and earned penalties in good areas because we couldn't match up in the forwards.

Travis Burns is doing OK. We now have a lot more attacking options because of him. Only Wigan have scored more points that us thus far. It is our defence that we need serious improvement in.

Cory Paterson's stats are very good. I think the shoulder charge ban has removed a little bit from his game but his fend and strength are vital. A lot of Rovers fans only look at the attacking side though. We shouldn't lose sight of our defensive frailties.

#27 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

Draw, 26-26.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#28 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

So no Ellis then. Probably for the best. Pointless risking him if he's not ready. It's not second row where we have a problem.

No McDonnell or Yeaman yet either. Wonder who they'll put to full back (can't surely have Briscoe there again), and which one of the three quarters will miss out. Probably Crookes.

No halves and no full back. Too much of an ask IMO. Team I'd have:

1. Whiting
2. Lineham
3. Arundel
4. Crooks
5. Briscoe
6. Horne
7. Heremaia
8. Watts
9. Houghton
10. Lynch
11. Tickle
12. Westerman
13. Galea

14. O'Meley
15. Johnson
16. Green
17. Pitts

Yeah, not confident there!

I think he will move Horne and Whiting about, Whiting to fullback when we have the ball and Horne to fullback when we defend. As you say I am not very confident either.

#29 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

I'm very optimistic that Hull will win this one. Missing your 1,6 & 7 is bound to have an effect on any team but Hull's pack looks better than Hull KR's by some distance to me, as do the threequarters.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#30 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

I'm very optimistic that Hull will win this one. Missing your 1,6 & 7 is bound to have an effect on any team but Hull's pack looks better than Hull KR's by some distance to me, as do the threequarters.

I think it'll be a case of your defence against our attack. If you can nullify our attacking play then I think you're in with a good chance. I like the look of your forwards. Lynch is one of my favourite props to watch and Liam Watts, as we all know, is excellent on his day.

I think the winner will be the team with the better kicking game. Our three quarters are excellent finishers as the stats above prove so if Dobson can get the ball left and Burns right then we could score a few tries outwide. I'd personally consider putting Hall on the wing opposite Jason Crookes for a bit of height and get some balls in the air.

#31 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,985 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

I think the winner will be the team with the better kicking game.

That's a Rovers win then.

rldfsignature.jpg

#32 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

Hull favourites with the bookies...

http://www.oddscheck...hull-k-r/winner

Rovers have 6 start with some, thought it'd be level tbh.

Edited by Old Frightful, 28 March 2013 - 06:59 PM.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#33 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 695 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

Cory Patterson with a double

#34 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

Cory Patterson with a double

I've put a £3 free bet on him as first try-scorer at 25/1.

Him to score first and FC to win the match will be a good day for me if it happens!

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

#35 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,077 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

Rovers will score first. They always bloody do.
Posted Image

#36 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:11 AM

I think it'll be a case of your defence against our attack. If you can nullify our attacking play then I think you're in with a good chance. I like the look of your forwards. Lynch is one of my favourite props to watch and Liam Watts, as we all know, is excellent on his day.

I think the winner will be the team with the better kicking game. Our three quarters are excellent finishers as the stats above prove so if Dobson can get the ball left and Burns right then we could score a few tries outwide. I'd personally consider putting Hall on the wing opposite Jason Crookes for a bit of height and get some balls in the air.

That's how Warrington eventually broke us, the repeat set and the high ball to the corner. That's been about the only way round our goal line defence at the KC this season.

Conditions look nigh on perfect. I'm expecting Briscoe, Lineham and or Crookes to set Rovers on the back foot coming away from our line and our stronger pack to capitalise on that.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#37 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

I've put a £3 free bet on him as first try-scorer at 25/1.

Him to score first and FC to win the match will be a good day for me if it happens!

Rovers will score first. They always bloody do.

Nah, everybody knows it's going to be Ben Galea. :)

#38 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

At least the commentary should be better, super Bill. He usually does this game.

Edited by hindle xiii, 29 March 2013 - 01:04 PM.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#39 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

Draw, 26-26.

does anyone know the record for draws in a season. This season is going to get close surely!
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#40 Grebo Guru

Grebo Guru
  • Players
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

Back home after four hours on a closed M62. About to watch my first derby on tv. I can't imagine my lounge is going to be quite as good as being amongst my people in the lair of the enemy. At least this way I can feel deflated before the game instead of afterwards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users