Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

29/03/13 - Widnes Vikings v Warrington Wolves - KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Widnes Vikings (5 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

2. Voted Warrington Wolves (10 votes [62.50%])

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

3. Draw (1 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

Great result for Widnes, shows they are a much better side than their showing last Saturday.

#42 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,705 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

Great result for Widnes, shows they are a much better side than their showing last Saturday.

It beggars belief how a side can turn it around following a good hiding! Edited!

Edited by Saint Billinge, 29 March 2013 - 04:55 PM.

#43 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

It beggars believe how a side can turn it around following a good hiding!

To be fair, I don't think enough credit was given to Wigan in terms of just how clinical they were last week. Everything we did came off and a few calls went our way, as a consequence Widnes weren't quite as bad as made out. I think Wigan showed today that the style of attack is difficult to stop, as Saints were having similar struggles preventing clean breaks.

#44 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

Well done Widnes, what a turnaround from last week!

Pleased for the Widnes fans on here. Enjoy.

(null)

#45 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,103 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

Well done Widnes, sounds like you did a great job.

#46 03wires

03wires
  • Players
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

It hurts me to say well played widnes great performance as for wire, playing the way we are we have no chance of a grand final if we keep this up.

#47 Viking Ste

Viking Ste
  • Coach
  • 246 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

Good performance for 75mins, switched off for 5mins after HT when Wire scored two tries! Good to see a decent cowd there too from both teams, didn't appreciate the Wire fans in gas masks though, cheeky gits!

#48 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

Lol I read about that.....made me chuckle

#49 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

Well done to widnes and their fans, well deserved..... The difference today?? You wanted it!!

Enjoy.

#50 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

To be fair, I don't think enough credit was given to Wigan in terms of just how clinical they were last week. Everything we did came off and a few calls went our way, as a consequence Widnes weren't quite as bad as made out. I think Wigan showed today that the style of attack is difficult to stop, as Saints were having similar struggles preventing clean breaks.

On a Widnes v Warrington thread?

You are Phil Clarke, etc, etc...

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#51 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

Awesome game, never considered that we could beat Wire no matter how much we turned it around. Apart from the first 5 minutes of the second half we were always in the game.

Got a bit of luck on the way but you need it in a result like that! As Brian Carney said we've got bragging rights on the Wirral tonight....

#52 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,218 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

:)
I hope the Widnes fans who were so quick to condemn their team after last week's game decided to go after all. It would be so frustrating to miss out on the first derby win for a long time.

#53 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

As Brian Carney said we've got bragging rights on the Wirral tonight....

Lol.......yep I heard that too.....truncheon!

#54 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

I hope the Widnes fans who were so quick to condemn their team after last week's game decided to go after all. It would be so frustrating to miss out on the first derby win for a long time.

It's frustrating for me but I knew I couldn't make this match even before last week.....typically though, we always win when I don't go

#55 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

It wasn't only Widnes fans, I hope the RL fans that overreacted about what the defeat meant for SL realise that it was an overreaction.

I think a good number did stay away, there were less Widnes fans than the Saints game but a lot of Wire fans that made up for it.

#56 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,218 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

Did Hock go well? I hope so - he certainly scares Wigan.

#57 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

Did Hock go well? I hope so - he certainly scares Wigan.

He didn't quite boss the game for 60 minutes like Smith said. He was a constant threat with the ball and more importantly kept himself out of any trouble almost seeming subdued at times. There was a fracas at the end of the game and he was one of the few to stay out of it.

#58 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

On a Widnes v Warrington thread?

You are Phil Clarke, etc, etc...

Busted...

#59 chrisl1

chrisl1
  • Coach
  • 588 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

Good win by Widnes particularly considering the players that were missing through injury and have been missing for some time.

#60 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,103 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

Good win by Widnes particularly considering the players that were missing through injury and have been missing for some time.

if you're going to highlight missing players then its probably best to do it both ways.

There were players missing from all 6 teams ive seen on tv so far this weekend.