Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Mondays Retro Programme vs Keighley Cougars

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#2 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

And I suppose Leeds Rhinos forced you to have a blue and yellow programme yes?

Its a farce I tell thee...
Posted Image

#3 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

It looks brilliant if you ask me. Well done Hunslet. Some real imagination being shown this season

#4 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

Call me bias but I really think our retro programmes this year deserve an award!

I think Frisky can give us some info regarding the original above as he was programme editor then?

Anyone want to guess the year of the original?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#5 Penola

Penola
  • 600 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

Call me bias but I really think our retro programmes this year deserve an award!

I think Frisky can give us some info regarding the original above as he was programme editor then?

1982 or 1983

Edited by Penola, 26 March 2013 - 07:45 PM.

#6 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

#7 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

Anyone want to guess the year of the original? An award? You're being a bit bias Blackpool

#8 Castleford Hawk

Castleford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

I'll say 82.

I got rid of all my old programmes years ago, wish I hadn't now as it good to reminisce. This seasons are a "must keep" as they evoke so many memories. Brilliant idea.

Hunslet: STILL the city's only club to win all competitions in one season.

#9 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 879 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:07 AM

I know !!! ;)

I think Frisky said in an earlier thread that the club went with a programme cover in Leeds United colours as a mark of gratitude for allowing us to play at Elland Road and therefore back to South Leeds after the "Batley period".

It was only done for the first season at Elland Road (1982-83), after that we went back to Myrtle White and Flame.

#10 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

Looks good that to be fair Gaz.

#11 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

---- thanks for the interest in this programme---- at the time Leeds United were skint.
Their chairman Manny Cousins invited us to play there at a reasonable rent. Our Chairman Jerry Mason was pleased to have the opportunity to return us to South Leeds- as a thank you he asked for our programme cover for the first season to be printed in blue and yellow-- the design was done by our printers in Meanwood.--- we hoped that these colours would attact United followers to start supporting us-- didn't really happen although we did have a crowd of over 14,000.
Our club office was under the main stand, as was our own bar-- can't remember what we called it-- was it the Pheonix Bar ?
-- our first game at Elland Road was against Salford.
as programme editor I didn't like the colours, and took the first opportunity the following season to return the cover to our traditional colours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users