Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rugby League Survey

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#61 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,138 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:12 PM

I actually think basic personal info would have been interesting and made this more valid.

Who you support is important. Understanding who did the survey is crucial - with all due respect, what if 80% of respondants were from one particular club who had issues - Fev or Bradford are an example.

Age groups and sex are also important. If everyone doing it is over 50 then is that a fair sample?

Few surveys are done with no basic info to allow for segmentation.

#62 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,677 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

I can think of only 1 reason why location would be relevant. .. and its not relevant at all.

Of course it is relevant, unless you think that location doesn't have an effect on how RL fans think. Do you for instance think that Featherstone fans have even roughly the same view of P&R as Leeds fans do?

This isn't to say one opinion is right or that one clubs fans are guiltier of bias than another set of fans but to point out the very real fact that your own situation can affect your opinion.

It's obvious what JohnM is implying and he could be right. There could be a higher percentage of Championship clubs fans skewing the figures. It could all be above board and it could even be skewed the other way and in fact more RL fans are against licensing than the poll suggests. The only way to stop the speculation is to conduct a completely fair survey.

#63 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,632 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:36 AM

True, I do suspect that there could be a higher percentage of Championship clubs fans skewing the figures...but I don't actually know that.  By indicating location,  we might actually find out at least indirectly. There are I am sure other questions that could be added next time round to give an even fuller picture and thus enabling better quality conclusions to be drawn.

I am striving hard to support the survey as a genuine and open opinion poll, avoiding any tendency towards the instant polarization that usually occurs. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users