Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Kingstone Press Championship One - Week 1

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Which game are you most looking forward to? (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Which game are you most looking forward to?

1. Gloucestershire All Golds v Oxford (6 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

2. London Skolars v Hemel Stags (5 votes [22.73%])

Percentage of vote: 22.73%

3. Oldham v Rochdale Hornets (4 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

4. South Wales Scorpions v North Wales Crusaders (7 votes [31.82%])

Percentage of vote: 31.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 henage

henage
  • Coach
  • 184 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

two of the top three clubs are supporter owned co-operatives the way forward especially at this level

agree with that

#22 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,289 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

I thought these new clubs were just meant to get walked over?

I am happy to be wrong. :D

Thus far things are going better than I would have thought possible.

Good attendance at the Skolars game. We need more teams in the South.

Edited by Northern Sol, 31 March 2013 - 07:39 PM.

#23 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,817 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

Annoyed at missing this one, thought it was Monday for some reason.

What does the Prince of Wales hold capacity wise? I am looking forward to the game vs Oldham (my home town). I think they brought about 100 to South Wales the other year so might be a decent crowd.

The capacity of the stand is apparently 495. There weren't that many spare seats, and apparently there were quite a lot of people watching from the bar as well. Definitely promising. Loads of families there, which made for a good atmosphere. The All Golds had programmes for sale, too (which were numbered, which is a nice touch for the nerds/collectors), and the off-field organisation was much better. Their Chief Exec, Rob Webber, also did a greta job as the match day announcer. I can't think of many other times I've seen a club's top brass do that. He's got a broad Gloucestershire accent, too, which makes for some good local flavour.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#24 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:37 AM

Oldham brought about 20 supporters to Wrexham recently, so if your expecting a big following you might be dissapointed!.

#25 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

Great performance by the Stags. Especially impressed by their defence in front of their own line - Skolars just couldnt find a way through. As for Skolars.....shocked at their performance to be honest. The Stags made errors but god only knows how many the Skolars made. Very poor from a team I expect to be in the mix at the end of the season. Perhaps it will serve as a wakeup call to them, I really hope so.
Really enjoyed the day out - was a bit torn before the game as I support both of them to varying degrees but as I found myself hollering HEMEL at the top of my voice within a few minutes I guess that's where my heart really lies! Fantastic support down from Hertfordshire, something to really build on I hope.

I was surprised at this result but yes credit Hemel simple but effective play.
Skolars were a pale shadow of what I was expecting.
Oh and that treacle of a pitch needs sorting.
Like you have Skolars and Hemel season tickets but Im a Londoner and so Skolars it will have to be on such occasions.

#26 Jeff Stein

Jeff Stein
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

Really enjoyed the coverage of the Welsh derby today. North Wales clearly the better side but the young South Wales side really put in.

#27 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 465 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

I was surprised at this result but yes credit Hemel simple but effective play.
Skolars were a pale shadow of what I was expecting.
Oh and that treacle of a pitch needs sorting.
Like you have Skolars and Hemel season tickets but Im a Londoner and so Skolars it will have to be on such occasions.

I think we've just got to put it down as being one of those days. My preseason tip was Skolars to come 2nd but worst case scenario I should think they'll be 4th with every chance of grabbing promotion through the playoffs. I'd be in hogs heaven then with someone to support in each tier - Broncos in the SL (as long as the money doesnt get turned off!), Skolars in the Championship and the Stags gathering strength in CC1 before their march to world domination. Not forgetting St Albans crushing their foes in the Conference South ;-)

#28 Stag Fan

Stag Fan
  • Coach
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

Hemel Stags get Premier Tv Sports performance of the week. All in all its been a good first week.

http://www.loverugby...f-the-week.html
Posted Image

www.hemelstags.com

Welcome to this world Harry, 5lb 2oz and fighting fit.