Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

TRL Helpdesk - Netflix or Lovefilm

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,993 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

Anybody use any of these and if so is there one that's better than the other?

Thinking of taking up the one month trial but looking for any supporting evidence to choose one over the other

Many thanks!
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#2 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,424 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

Anybody use any of these and if so is there one that's better than the other?

Thinking of taking up the one month trial but looking for any supporting evidence to choose one over the other

Many thanks!

We use lovefilm but only the dvd service,it is good though,no hassles and an email telling you when your next film is on it's way,normally return a film on Monday,get a new one on Wednesdays.
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#3 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

Lil bro used Love Film, he gave it up though. I dunno if you actually get the film you want, or you make a selection and they send you what's available. It was a few years ago.

Have a month trial with one, then a second month with the other. i) it'll save you a month's payment ii) it's what the free trials are there for.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#4 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,424 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

Lil bro used Love Film, he gave it up though. I dunno if you actually get the film you want, or you make a selection and they send you what's available. It was a few years ago.

Have a month trial with one, then a second month with the other. i) it'll save you a month's payment ii) it's what the free trials are there for.

You create a list,they send you the films on your list.
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#5 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,229 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

For me there aren't enough good films out there to make this sort of service worthwhile.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#6 steef

steef
  • Coach
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

Lovefilm is good, especially if you play games as they'll send those to you too and you can keep them as long as you want. I pay £15 and can have two discs at anyone time and stream as much as you like. The streaming is always rock solid for me too. I would say if you dont want games or blu ray that netflix will be the cheaper option but having not used them i cant comment on service.
"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook....156268557729980

#7 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,874 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:43 AM

For me there aren't enough good films out there to make this sort of service worthwhile.

This
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#8 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,992 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:13 AM

We have both as a streaming option on the Smart Tv and they are both good. It depends what you want - Lovefilm has the bigger film library but Netflix has a much bigger TV series box set library. Netflix also has a bigger children's library.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#9 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,993 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

Thanks all - much appreciated

Looking like Lovefilm for me
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.