TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Jordan Tansey Signs Two-Year Contract Extension With Castleford Tigers

Club news release

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

Castleford Tigers are delighted to announce that Jordan Tansey has signed a two-year contract extension with the club starting from the end of the 2013 season. The full-back has enjoyed an impressive start to the Super League season and has shown the form which earned him a move to NRL side Sydney Roosters and an England World Cup squad place while at Leeds Rhinos in 2008.

Tansey, who joined the Tigers in the off-season on a one-year deal from Championship side York City Knights, is pleased to secure his long-term future with Castleford and knows that the hard work starts now.

“I’m very delighted to have been given a two-year extension to my contract starting from the end of the season. I’m very happy. Ian Millward [Tigers Head Coach] has been very good to me since he brought me in from York last season. I’ve had a big pre-season, trained hard and started off not too bad so he’s rewarded me with the extension and I’m happy to have my future here at Cas. Basil told me he would give a year’s contract and that I would have to prove myself in that year to earn a new contract. I didn’t expect it to come so soon after eight games of the season but I’m very happy to sign a long-term deal here and stay at Cas.

“I think Cas are going places. The team Basil’s putting together is pretty good; we’re not picking up the wins at the minute but it’s only early in the season and hopefully we can start getting those wins and try and make the playoffs which is our main goal for this season.

Castleford Tigers Head Coach, Ian Millward has been pleased with Tansey’s performances since starting his Tigers career and thoroughly deserves the contract extension.

“Jordan came to the club in the off-season as a very talented player who had played in the NRL and for Leeds Rhinos. He had been out of Super League for 12 months so he had a point to prove and we gave him the opportunity to do that. He had an incentive based contract and he’s ticked all the boxes on and off the field. He’s an absolute joy to coach. In rewarding Jordan with a new contract we’ve tied him up long-term as he’s taken the opportunity that was in that area.”

Castleford Tigers take on Wakefield Wildcats in the `Derby That Means Most' at the Wish Communications Stadium on Good Friday with an 8:00pm kick off.

Tickets are available in the club's Carlton Lanes shop until 5pm on match day
and online until 5pm today (Thursday).
ENDS

Brett Cullen
Media Relations Officer

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users