Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Labour's last chance gone?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:14 AM

David Milliband has confirmed he is leaving Westminster for a job in America. For mine, he was the only credible candidate to lead Labour in a general election.

#2 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,518 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:23 AM

Nah, he was just Big lord Fauntleroy who lost out to his brother, Little Lord Fauntleroy in the great All-Mouth-No-Trousers election.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#3 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,398 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

In my opinion, the thing that would secure the election of a labour government at the next election would be the voters assessment of the performance of the coalition. In other words, governments lose elections rather than oppositions winning them.

Indeed, I wish David Mi£iband well. His is an excellent example for his brother and his team of no talents to follow. Now THAT would be an election winner!

#4 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,389 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

David Milliband has confirmed he is leaving Westminster for a job in America. For mine, he was the only credible candidate to lead Labour in a general election.

I think Labour will probably win the next election, despite not having any headline or clear policies, due to the general ineptness within the coalition. Even their 'good' ideas are implemented terribly (or don't get that far). I think David Milliband would of made a much better leader mind you.
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#5 T Dub

T Dub
  • Coach
  • 961 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

Bring back Roy Hattersley

#6 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,313 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

Labour have a substantial lead that's been holding up pretty well. For all that Ed Milliband is meant to be constantly under threat his party seems pretty unified and they don't have to do much beyond point out the failure of austerity politics to win.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#7 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:14 PM

The next elections cannot come quick enough, lets hope the damage done by the Tories can be fixed and it hasn't gone too far .

#8 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

In my opinion, the thing that would secure the election of a labour government at the next election would be the voters assessment of the performance of the coalition. In other words, governments lose elections rather than oppositions winning them.

Indeed, I wish David Mi£iband well. His is an excellent example for his brother and his team of no talents to follow. Now THAT would be an election winner!

What talents have the gang in power got?
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#9 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,740 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

I Will only vote nu blu labour to get this lot out.They have already stated that tey wont repeal all the con libdem policies
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#10 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,398 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

What talents have the gang in power got?

Nowhere near enough. but still more that the hapless Mi£iband.

#11 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,518 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

To be fair, the Con Dem alliance has borne some fruit:

http://www.thetelegr...pecting/?ref=ec
:)

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#12 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,931 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

Nowhere near enough. but still more that the hapless Mi£iband.

With all due respect we don't know how hapless Miliband will be when he gets into power. We do however know all too well how hapless "call me Dave" and his chancellor (who always gives me the impression he'd struggle to count above 10 without taking his shoes and socks off) are as they continue to drag this country further into the mire. <_<
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#13 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

The mere threat of Balls as Chancellor,would mean that Labour would lose - paying £140mill/day in interest charges alone,isn't helping the Tories though.Thanks for that Labour.

#14 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,398 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

With all due respect we don't know how hapless Miliband will be when he gets into power. We do however know all too well how hapless "call me Dave" and his chancellor (who always gives me the impression he'd struggle to count above 10 without taking his shoes and socks off) are as they continue to drag this country further into the mire. <_<

Its all a matter of opinion, of course, but the omen for the Mi£iband band are not good. Privately educated homes-flipping expense-manipulating bully-boy Ba££s ######ed up the Sharon Shoesmith situation and is widely regarded as a liability.

Sill, its the ultimate opinion poll that counts and Cameron's' failure to get the loony right on side, and to actually get the civil service to do as they are told may well lose him the election.

#15 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,389 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

Cameron's' failure to get the loony right on side,

That's probably his biggest mistake. He even gave them the 50p tax cut and they still happily torpedo any chances they have of re-election (revolting on Europe, constant moans on ECHR, boundary changes, the Lords, etc).
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#16 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,232 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

The mere threat of Balls as Chancellor,would mean that Labour would lose - paying £140mill/day in interest charges alone,isn't helping the Tories though.Thanks for that Labour.

Labour got in by having to do a hands offthe banks policy, inherited from previous Tory policies of money for nothing.

The banks had been so deregulated by the Twatcher and Reagan policies that they had free reeign.

The threat of Balls is nothing compared to the greed filled rip off merchant alternative

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#17 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,232 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

The thrifty Tories/traitors are paying more.

All attempts by the present shysters to cut debt have created more debt.

Cutting the deficit is not cutting the debt.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#18 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

The thrifty Tories/traitors are paying more.

All attempts by the present shysters to cut debt have created more debt.

How so?

Cutting the deficit is not cutting the debt.

No, it is preventing further debt.

#19 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,232 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

How so?

No, it is preventing further debt.

The debt is increasing.

#20 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

But by less than it would be if the government carried on with the last ones policies so we either need more cuts or higher taxes.

Edited by Ramite, 29 March 2013 - 09:08 PM.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users