Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Town 28 Jampots 16

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#1 topladtownie

topladtownie
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

:) :)

Couldn't make, listened to second half sounded dreadful from both teams, but Callum Phillips being the match winner with two trys. Sounded liked Olstrum and Acton had very good games as well. Pity we gave them a bonus point wonder if they are still so against bonus points now on deluded fans.

Well done Town. :)

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,420 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

All I can say is thank god for Callum Phillips for providing some quality in a sea of mediocrity . The worst derby I've seen . They were gone after 25 minutes but we're just so poor and error strewn we couldn't nail them down . A set of six is a mountainous achievement for us . Who's controlling them out there , drop goal anyone ... Just holding the ball anyone . Super League Lupton and Dowes are both all but finished .A win but how we're playing and our game management and error rates are so awful . Acton and Olstrum real manful efforts but the quality to put games to bed is sadly missing .

Edited by DavidM, 29 March 2013 - 02:55 PM.

#3 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,809 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

Whitehaven fans must be sick(s).

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#4 topladtownie

topladtownie
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

All I can say is thank god for Callum Phillips for providing some quality in a sea of absolute tripe . The worst derby I've seen . They were gone after 25 minutes but we're just so poor and error strewn we couldn't nail them down . A set of six is a mountainous achievement for us . Who's controlling them out there , drop goal anyone ... Just holding the ball anyone . Super League Lupton and Dowes are both all but finished .A win but how we're playing and our game management and error rates are so awful .

Just listened to Charlo and he wasn't happy either. Still if we can play dreadful with at least four what would be starting players missing thats not to be sniffed at. Need to play a lot better at Leigh who don't appear to be world beaters.

#5 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,420 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

They were shot after that fast start , but we just seem to lack the controlling influence and the structure to keep a grip . We're inviting pressure making everything hard work , even when it shouldn't be .Any win is gonna be tough to get on that . Callum Phillips though , I said run up the guts and boy did he do it brilliantly. We looked best with dummy half runners , especially when you can't catch .

Edited by DavidM, 29 March 2013 - 03:01 PM.

#6 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

Dowes needs to get his finger out his ass asap or clear off. He was absolute tat.
Att. 1682 or something close to that, not bad
Callum, Olstrum and Acton the beast stood out, now we've apparently lost Walne back to Salford we need another prop, possibly 2 if Dowes keeps churning out that slow motion rubbish. Connor didn't last long, was he injured? He seems to have a good high kick in him.
Good to see yet another referee and pair of touch watchers who didn't have a care in the world with regard to lying on and being offside.

I have to save special praise for rodney (trotter) (grandad) pora. What a steaming pile that lad is! I've never seen someone of that size get splattered so easily on more than one occasion in one match, that lad makes Dowes look good.

Did i mention Dowes was parp? lol

#7 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,420 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

He had a big red cross on his jumper that big lad !

#8 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 275 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

Kayle dislocated his finger you could see it out of place when he went towards the dugout
bluewhitearmy

#9 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,420 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

YORK BEAT FEV !!!!!

#10 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,420 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

What a bomb that was . What a corker ... His only bomb ! Get him kicking them . Bad luck Sponge bob.

Edited by DavidM, 29 March 2013 - 03:07 PM.

#11 bobg

bobg
  • Coach
  • 260 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:17 PM

not our best performance today, but far too good for Whitehaven, shame we lost Adam Walne, but good luck to him. We did our best when Conner went to 6 Olstrum to 9 and Lupton to 6. Satisfied with a good win.Well Done Town.

#12 topladtownie

topladtownie
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

Dowes needs to get his finger out his ass asap or clear off. He was absolute tat.
Att. 1682 or something close to that, not bad
Callum, Olstrum and Acton the beast stood out, now we've apparently lost Walne back to Salford we need another prop, possibly 2 if Dowes keeps churning out that slow motion rubbish. Connor didn't last long, was he injured? He seems to have a good high kick in him.
Good to see yet another referee and pair of touch watchers who didn't have a care in the world with regard to lying on and being offside.

I have to save special praise for rodney (trotter) (grandad) pora. What a steaming pile that lad is! I've never seen someone of that size get splattered so easily on more than one occasion in one match, that lad makes Dowes look good.

Did i mention Dowes was parp? lol

I get the impression that you don't think Dowes had a good game. :lol:

It sounded like all we had to do was see out our sets of six and would have easily stopped them from getting
a point. Surely that is the job of the experienced players such as Dowes and Lupton to be calming influence
out on the pitch. Not sure but wasn't that there strongest team? and they were still **** against Town missing
Thacks, Matty, Rooney, Calders to name but four.

#13 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

gutted they got a BP they didn't deserve it. as i said before the game our forwards would be too good for them. NUMBER 6! gettin in there you beauty!!

#14 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,420 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

Yes Morris dropped it then Dowes dropped it then Jessie scored ... Cheers. They never ever shoulda got a point , but that was us not them .

Edited by DavidM, 29 March 2013 - 03:25 PM.

#15 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,809 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

Not our greatest performance by a long shot but still enough to beat them comfortably in the end. Callum is turning out to be a bit special and Jamie Acton is an absolute beast who bossed their props when he was on the field. If we can get Callum at 7 and Matty at 9 we will be more than good enough for a mid-table spot. But this is only one match ATEOTD and we have the 3 points in the bag, now we need to move on and go to Leigh on Monday and try to get something out of the game. Beating Haven is great but now we need to step it up and start taking points off other teams.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#16 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

I get the impression that you don't think Dowes had a good game. :lol:

Did it show that much? Oops ;)

I was trying my best to be diplomatic too, if i'd quoted what some of the people stood behind me were saying it would either be a string of stars or i'd get banned from here. Even on the way out to my car on tesco car park there was a bloke saying to someone that super league must be utter rubbish if he was in it less than two years ago lol

#17 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

It's not fair though as that bonus point means they have same number of points as us. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#18 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,420 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

Hopefully Hunslet n Donny lose tonight .

#19 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,420 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

Has anyone heard what the coaches said ?

#20 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

Has anyone heard what the coaches said ?

No, not on 1458AM.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users