Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Town 28 Jampots 16

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#21 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

No, not on 1458AM.

barrow game on 1458 now. maybe some reaction after that game.

#22 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

Charlo pleased with the result but not the performance and unhappy we didn't go for the DG near the end. Woods sounded almost suicidal calling their performance utter garbage and shameful.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#23 topladtownie

topladtownie
  • Coach
  • 757 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

Has anyone heard what the coaches said ?

Woods was very depressed with handling and decision making, worse than u10's, just shocking

Charlo was disappointed with the poor handling.

#24 coppracill

coppracill
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

i could not go to the match,but listening to cox made my day,,if town dont score soon,this will be a walkover,ok,we didnt play well,but we played well enough and won against a team that SCARED the league leaders,,

#25 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

as per usual the jampot fans are having to pipe down after all their pre match over confidence. when will they learn.

#26 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 540 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

as per usual the jampot fans are having to pipe down after all their pre match over confidence. when will they learn.

Best team won on day marra thought both sides handling was #### poor acton was your best player who needs matty when youve got young phillips seems a prolific try scorer

#27 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

Whitehaven fans must be sick(s).

hope so hahahahahahahahahahaha haven
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#28 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

they played for 20 mins,its an 80 min game ,we werent at our best ,but by god we stuck it up em in the 2nd half,grandad rodney got put on his backside more times than ive had a sunday dinner,haha massive pack ......mmmmmmm
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#29 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 648 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

The feeling is awesome! They always ###### pipe up before the game and make themselves look stupid. Wich makes it even better. :lol:

Jamie Acton and Olstrum made a mess of their forwards , and that Roddy Pora,HA!!! I would rather have Rodney Trotter at prop.
6-0 and Ike is staying at home!

Up the Town!!!!!

#30 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 432 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

Hope Charlo and Oggy gave them what for at the end to be honest. There should've been 40 or 50 on the board at full time against that heap.

I noticed even the usual gob on a stick doran couldn't really be bothered to argue much today.....dark times at the 2013 rugby league world cup host wannabe's.

#31 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

Hopefully Hunslet n Donny lose tonight .

Barrow committed hari-Kari yet again, leading 20-6 after an hour but got beat 24-20 with Keighley scoring in last minute to win it.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#32 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

barrow game on 1458 now. maybe some reaction after that game.

No, as soon as the Barrow game finished we were right back to the soccer which is also on FM.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#33 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

The feeling is awesome! They always ###### pipe up before the game and make themselves look stupid. Wich makes it even better. :lol:

Jamie Acton and Olstrum made a mess of their forwards , and that Roddy Pora,HA!!! I would rather have Rodney Trotter at prop.
6-0 and Ike is staying at home!

Up the Town!!!!!

pora was really funny today,on his backside more than a pair or under pants.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#34 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

Hope Charlo and Oggy gave them what for at the end to be honest. There should've been 40 or 50 on the board at full time against that heap.

I noticed even the usual gob on a stick doran couldn't really be bothered to argue much today.....dark times at the 2013 rugby league world cup host wannabe's.

I fully expected Doran to come out in a green shirt in the second half. He's never more than a yard from the referee whinging in his ear.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#35 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

BKM/haven4ever informs me that after the next two games haven will start to climb the league lol no wonder we arecall id deluded.com

#36 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

pora was really funny today,on his backside more than a pair or under pants.

His first run with the ball in a Cumbrian derby and he was unceremoniously dumped on his posterior by none other than Callum Phillips!!!!!!

#37 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

BKM/haven4ever informs me that after the next two games haven will start to climb the league lol no wonder we arecall id deluded.com. playing like that they will climbing nowhere

#38 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

are some town fans never happy? weve just beat the only enemy for the 6th time in a row and were still complaining. yes ewan dowes was shocking and luppy neednt have been on the pitch but what about the performances of callum phillips,acton and olstrum who were absolutely outstanding. and although it was only glimpses connor showed he could be our answer for a 6. we started really slow but in the end the bonus flattered them. where did rooney go after about 10mins and what happened to grandpa rodders? once callum had destroyed him, acton verged on bullying him for the remainder if the game.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#39 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

Yeh but you've got to look at the bigger picture wonky . We're not playing them every week . Our game management and control need drastically improving . They and Barra were very poor and those wins were efforts purely through our own errors and lack of basic game control . There are much better teams which we won't snare playing like this . That's all I'm saying .

Edited by DavidM, 29 March 2013 - 04:55 PM.

#40 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

His first run with the ball in a Cumbrian derby and he was unceremoniously dumped on his posterior by none other than Callum Phillips!!!!!!

quality.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users