Town 28 Jampots 16

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#41 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,980 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

You only get better by meeting your problems head on wonky, not hiding them away. Get your problems sorted with certain players and we could have a comfortable mid-table place.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#42 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

they looked good for 20 ,pity its a 80 min game
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#43 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

always a nice feeling to send the jameaters home beaten.

Edited by bomber is god, 29 March 2013 - 04:54 PM.

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#44 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

That's right Keith . It's all to much of effort at the moment due to deficiencies which can be sorted out , which is a positive

#45 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

Yeh during that 20 Bomber a havenite smiled and said to me , ' gonna be a long day for your lot '.

Edited by DavidM, 29 March 2013 - 05:01 PM.

#46 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,980 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

Yeh during that 20 Bomber a havenite smiled and said to me , ' gonna be a long day for your lot '.

To be truthful David I was thinking that myself. We looked like a bunch of strangers thrown together. Jamie Acton changed the game when he came on and started running through them.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#47 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

i hope you rammed those words back down his throat., hahahaha
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#48 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

To be truthful David I was thinking that myself. We looked like a bunch of strangers thrown together. Jamie Acton changed the game when he came on and started running through them.

acton is immense,we need a bit of craft to go with his graft.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#49 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

No I'm a pacifist pal ( and a coward ) . I stick to a smug grin and a few sarcastic verbals , that's much more annoying .

Edited by DavidM, 29 March 2013 - 05:08 PM.

#50 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

Acton huge , great signing . Straight , hard running and big leg drive and cherish ball control .If only certain other nameless props would just simplify it like that .

Edited by DavidM, 29 March 2013 - 05:12 PM.

#51 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

As an observation from todays game I was very impressed with the bald touch judge who had the glasses on. He gave numerous decisions and gave the impression that he wanted to be there and get involved the first one that has all season!!
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#52 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:15 AM

As an observation from todays game I was very impressed with the bald touch judge who had the glasses on. He gave numerous decisions and gave the impression that he wanted to be there and get involved the first one that has all season!!

Unlike his mate on the opposite flank who looked about 12, which one missed sponge bobs bounce from 5 yards??

#53 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:45 AM

Charlo pleased with the result but not the performance and unhappy we didn't go for the DG near the end. Woods sounded almost suicidal calling their performance utter garbage and shameful.

We did go for the DG and Acton set it up nicely, Forber was back in the pocket ....... and we er knocked on again. Maybe it was the cold I don't know but I've never seen anything like it. Also why were all our lads cramping so badly and not one Haven player? I guess we must have defended well having coughed up all that possession? As someone said earlier with Olstrum at 9 and Philips at half back we look more like it. Ostrums work rate was phenomenal. Morris and Acton very strong. If we have Thacks and Acton on at the same time they're going to be quite a handful. Stacky clearly not fully recovered but his take of that bomb was just superb but clear now all teams are going to target Hulme.

I thought Walne was injured but seems we've lost him. Big blow.

I reckon we will be a few short for monday not looking good.

Edited by Oneday, 30 March 2013 - 06:25 PM.

#54 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:11 AM

im not sure any of the lads were injured yesterday were they? the cramping issue was odd maybe because we train the day before a game has something to do with it but im not sure
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#55 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:46 AM

Yeah after the match Mark Fryer said on the MOM speach that there were no injuries. The cramp thing was a really odd one, surely our preparation for the games don't change and don't usually have any problems.
Callum, Acton & Olstrum were awesome. Jamie Acton changed the game both times he came on. Olstrum was just superb and Callum won the game with 3 very well taken tries.

Grandad Pora must have been tired as he had to keep sitting down, the Haven much vaunted pack were beaten again. Rooney seems to think he doesn't have to get back in the defensive line as he was mostly at least a yard in front of the rest of them. Doran must have a f*nny as he twines more than our lass does, the refs must get sick of him.

A good three points but we need to cut the mistakes out if we are going to get anything from the Leigh game.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#56 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 881 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:49 AM

The cramp issue is no doubt because of a Friday game after a few days off Sunday postponement not rocket science really

#57 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:50 AM

We did go for the DG and Acton set it up nicely, Forber was back in the pocket ....... and we er knocked on again. Maybe it was the cold I don't know but I've never seen anything like it. Also why were all our lads cramping so badly and not one Haven player? I guess we must have defended well having coughed up all that possession? As someone said earlier with Olstrum at 9 and Philips at half back we look more like it. Ostrums work rate was phenomenal. Morris and Acton very strong. If we have Thacks and Olstrum on at the same time they're going to be quite a handful. Stacky clearly not fully recovered but his take of that bomb was just superb but clear now all teams are going to target Hulme.

I thought Walne was injured but seems we've lost him. Big blow.

I reckon we will be a few short for monday not looking good.

So I gather Declan Hulme had a bad game under high bombs?How did Adam Lawton get on today?

#58 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 881 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:01 AM

Hulme isn't a bad player but seems to get nervous in the bomb situation however attacking he is quite good and got a try so cant be knocked for that, big Lawton did a bit of taking the ball in but I'd like to see him a little more rough for such s big fella he could not blocks off in tackles

#59 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:03 AM

Hulme isn't a bad player but seems to get nervous in the bomb situation however attacking he is quite good and got a try so cant be knocked for that, big Lawton did a bit of taking the ball in but I'd like to see him a little more rough for such s big fella he could not blocks off in tackles

Hopefully this experience at this level of rugby will help his development.Learn from mistakes and I suppose Adam Lawton is nervous with his injuries.When I saw him in the academy he had skill but lacked aggression for a big guy.Nice lad and maybe your aggressive forwards can teach him.

#60 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 881 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

Yes I hope so these 2 lads have been accepted by our fans now so you should be proud of them, with Salford taking the talented fella walne back didn't you say there was another big forward available we were ment to be taking at the start of the season?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users