Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Town 28 Jampots 16

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#61 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,905 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:14 AM

Bobbie Goulding coached Lawton from 8 years old and says you have to get him fired up before a game to get the best out of him as he is so mild mannered, but if you get him in the right frame of mind he can be devastating.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#62 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

Hulme's try was no given ... He picked a moving ball of his his shoelaces to put it over the line . He looks so much better running ball in hand with a bit of space , he's a fluid mover . I like Lawton to , looks like the next Walne to me , so much improvement and natural ability in him and oodles more to come . And as for Doran , Brett's had him in his waistcoat pocket every game .

#63 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,545 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

doran hits the deck before anyone gets near him, a 1 man tackle is usually all that is required. forget to mention about forbers ball steal yesterday when they were in the clear and had men over, very clever play by carl.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#64 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

And Rooney not being able to collect the ball over the line when they were dominant . That ultra fast open playing style early doors , was a true sign they knew their petrol tank was low.

#65 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,585 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

Rodney pora, more like rodney poorer....am I right....

#66 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

Gee he copped some treatment .

#67 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,585 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:38 AM

It was great seeing him dumped by callum, then acton made him his #####. Big money spent on him, hahahahaha.

#68 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

French lad put in a good 15 , but these lads are just short burst merchants , our guys are fit to go start to finish .

Edited by DavidM, 30 March 2013 - 10:42 AM.

#69 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,545 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

no its alright because the idiots from down the road say he will be good next year, even though he retires at the end of the world cup. awesome signing, i hope the scouts keep up the good work.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#70 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

Interesting to see one of the deluded ones still thinks they can beat Sheffield on Monday!!! :lol:
"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#71 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

Ha ha I love to know the craic there . Sheffield won't be as bad as they were here . They're a very good outfit , hopefully there'll be 30 in it . I'm more interested in us , 4 points would be a great Easter . The 2nd game over this period is notoriously unpredictable , we need to go down there believing we can get something from this mob , they're no world beaters on what we've seen .

Edited by DavidM, 30 March 2013 - 12:43 PM.

#72 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

They started well but couldn't play the full 80 and pora is such a big forward he gets knocked down by Callum. I like what the coaches were doing bringing Connor on to play half back and switching it round it's nich to know we have options in that area. And a big loss to our pack is Walne I hope he goes well in the super league always puts 100% in and nice to see acton on top form

#73 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

So I gather Declan Hulme had a bad game under high bombs?How did Adam Lawton get on today?

i think declan was targeted for the bombs after he struggled with them in the batley game. the jampots did their homework. declan still had decent game though.

#74 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

They started well but couldn't play the full 80 and pora is such a big forward he gets knocked down by Callum.

LOL.... their team of "world class international susperstars" shown up by a young lad that was playing amatuer rugby last year....... :lol:
"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#75 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

Pora looks nothing special too old I would say there's better players in the local infant schools :)

#76 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

Glad all is good with our dual players and they help you to do well this season.I will be at a game in my Widnes top.I wish you all the best for the season.

#77 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

I bet you've got your Widnes top , shorts n socks on today after yesterday . Bet that was satisfying !!

#78 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

I bet you've got your Widnes top , shorts n socks on today after yesterday . Bet that was satisfying !!

Mate it was a brilliant performance and the team just need consistency,as we can be quality on our day.Hopefully Declan Hulme and Lawton will be playing next season for us.Beating Warrington is like you lot beating Whitehaven.All bragging rights mate.

Edited by widnesrlfc, 30 March 2013 - 03:20 PM.

#79 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

No doubt

#80 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,845 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

Mate it was a brilliant performance and the team just need consistency,as we can be quality on our day.Hopefully Declan Hulme and Lawton will be playing next season for us.Beating Warrington is like you lot beating Whitehaven.All bragging rights mate.

One thing you can be sure of is that Declan and Adam will come back to you as better players same as Walne and Chris Annikin at Wakey and Dave Petersen, who we had from HKR last season and now playing stand-off for Mackay Cutters in Australia.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users