Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Town 28 Jampots 16

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#81 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

And Sidlow . We certainly improve players and they all love it here .

#82 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 871 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

Mate it was a brilliant performance and the team just need consistency,as we can be quality on our day.Hopefully Declan Hulme and Lawton will be playing next season for us.Beating Warrington is like you lot beating Whitehaven.All bragging rights mate.

Ye well done yesterday on beating the Wolves, always look for your results now, great weekend so far for me Town , Wigan and Widnes :D :D :D

#83 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

Ye well done yesterday on beating the Wolves, always look for your results now, great weekend so far for me Town , Wigan and Widnes :D :D :D

youve let yourself down mentioning the pie eaters lol
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#84 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

Thankyou mate and looks like Widnes resting a few against Huddersfield,as Lawton,Gore,and Gilmore playing.

#85 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 871 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

youve let yourself down mentioning the pie eaters lol

Simply The Best marra ;)

#86 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

Just paid a visit to the dark side and one or two of them don't seem to be giving Town any credit at all. They apparently battered us for 30 minutes and then "switched off". Nothing to do with Town getting on top of them and not allowing them to play as they did in the first 20 minutes then!!!! Of course they didn't play well because of silly errors that only they made apparently but I would imagine that Town made as many, if not more, unforced errors as Haven. If Town hadn't made so many errors the score would have been a lot higher than it was and they only got a bonus point because we made two knock-ons when we should have been going through five plays and a kick. Even their first try came from a silly pass from Forber (I think it was) and they got a rebound when JJP threw a pass inside that hit our player.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#87 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

And their second when Carter had Calvert easily measured up and should have wrapped him up before easing him into row z ,
but decided to try the high risk bump , which you can't do anyway !!! So although they were on top they were two soft tries.

#88 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

The cramp issue is no doubt because of a Friday game after a few days off Sunday postponement not rocket science really

Yeh you see it all the time don't you when teams don't have a game for a week. Probably why Leeds beat Wigan in the play-offs last year cos the Wigan players were all going down like 9 pins.

#89 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

Just paid a visit to the dark side and one or two of them don't seem to be giving Town any credit at all. They apparently battered us for 30 minutes and then "switched off". Nothing to do with Town getting on top of them and not allowing them to play as they did in the first 20 minutes then!!!! Of course they didn't play well because of silly errors that only they made apparently but I would imagine that Town made as many, if not more, unforced errors as Haven. If Town hadn't made so many errors the score would have been a lot higher than it was and they only got a bonus point because we made two knock-ons when we should have been going through five plays and a kick. Even their first try came from a silly pass from Forber (I think it was) and they got a rebound when JJP threw a pass inside that hit our player.

yeah same old post derby rubbish from them after yet another week of pre derby hot air on deluded.com. town were the best of two poor teams blah blah. they totally dominated for 25 mins etc. well games are.over 80 mins so good burning yourself out over 25 mins.

#90 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

congratulations on the win yesterday , thoroughly deserved the win although I feared the worst after another slow start. The introduction of Acton changed the game and being able to spell Callum after 30mins reaped its rewards later on when he ripped the guts out of them. Just hope your not all walking wounded for Monday because by the sounds of it from Widnes RLFC , Widnes are at their bare bones as well , I also believe Hulme is ruled out with concussion after taking a blow in the final few minutes. Lets hope Stack , Morris and Calderwood are all okay.

#91 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

Good news for the players but bad news for Town, both Lawton and Gore are in the 19 man Widnes squad for Monday. I really hope Adam gets the chance to be in the Widnes team, he deserves the opportunity. Whatever happens, thanks for your efforts for Town.

Edited by Supporter, 30 March 2013 - 09:00 PM.

#92 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

As always when we beat the Jam it was a very satisfying day yesterday (still got a lingering hangover !) but it has to be said that that was our worst home performance of the season by a long way, so how bad does that make them ?
No Thacks, Matty and Walne (what a miss he's going to be) and an unfit Stack, and we still managed to beat them after giving them 10 start. I've never seen us turn as much ball over on the first and second tackles but they just didn't have a clue what to do with the ball we kept handing them, a good team would have punished us.
We won the game yesterday on the back of four superb performances from the Phillips brothers Acton and Olstrum and the dire ineptitude of the haven team. We need to step it up a notch to come away with anything from the Leigh game on monday, some of our senior players need to step up a gear and put in a better performance than what we have seen so far.
I thought the crowd was a bit dissapointing yesterday, we got more for last years fixture in a lower division !! I suppose being up against Wigan v Saints on tv didn't help, and the haven turnout was the worst I've seen for 20yrs.

Come on boys, let's get something out of Monday to back it up....UP THE TOWN :)

#93 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

i could not go to the match,but listening to cox made my day,,if town dont score soon,this will be a walkover,ok,we didnt play well,but we played well enough and won against a team that SCARED the league leaders,,

Don't you just love John Cox :rolleyes: there is no middle ground with this guy, either haven are world beaters or a pile of steaming **** I wish I could have taped yesterdays commentary, I bet it was priceless. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users