Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

York City Knights 24 - 16 Featherstone Rovers

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,847 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

Two words - Fooking awesome

#2 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

made up for you lot, brilliant
Posted Image

#3 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,477 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

Great score. Well done lads.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#4 trig

trig
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

What a result well done to all who played,and not one dual reg player just shows we can play when put our minds to it.
Well done lads

#5 Andy Knight

Andy Knight
  • Coach
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

Superb, lost me voice.
What a fantastic effect in defence, total commitment from all 17, an amazing effort looking at the experience and age out there today, kids galore.
Hard to pick anyone out as all 17 were magnificent, Nicko what a Trojan, so hard to pull down, Sam Scott causing havoc running out wide and Mr Duracell, Jack Aldous, just never ever stops, yet again putting in an immense effort. but star of the show for me was Simon Brown, kicked Fev to death and won the half back battle over Finn. Yes, he don't do much with the ball in hand but my god I've not seen a better kicker at the Knights since Broughy, he seems to find the gap all the time and his 3? 40/20 today really did turn the screw on Fev.
Great afternoon, lost my voice but I'm not complaining, well done everyone, all 17 did us proud today, thanks to all the lads and Gary too.

Edited by Andy Knight, 29 March 2013 - 03:23 PM.

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"
Millican Dalton...1867-1947

#6 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

Best all round performance for many years, battered the big-time Charlies and they don't like it. Blaming Hewer for everything, face it Fev you are not invincible, clearly have some pace and fancy stuff but also the attitude to go with it.

Well done Knights defensively brilliant and scored some great tries, too many MOMs today, Tom Carr and Nicho were just ahead, Browny, Presley and Aldous immense. Who says Elvis can't tackle !!
Take this form into Mondays game and we should have a chance of beating Barrow at their place.
Thanks and the wife's pleased it will now be a happy Easter in our house.
Posted Image

#7 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

fantastic result, and what makes it more pleasing was it was a york team and non of this dl lark
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#8 vodka queen

vodka queen
  • Coach
  • 508 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

Best I've seen us play for 80 mins for a long time.. Nicholson, aldous, both browns.. Hard to single anyone out.. Absolutely buzzing :)

#9 SuperYork

SuperYork
  • Coach
  • 166 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

That was outstanding!!! Best performance of the season!

#10 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 506 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

Great result for you lot! Well played, it's hilarious seeing the fall out on the Fev forum

Enjoy it lads, that's what bank holidays are for!

#11 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

So proud of all the York city knight lads today keighley all forgotten buzzing.

#12 KNIGHTS2009

KNIGHTS2009
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

Fantastic win and performance today.
Very well done lads.
TOUCH THE MAGIC OF THE YORK CITY KNIGHTS

Posted Image

Posted Image

YORK CITY KNIGHTS CHAMPIONSHIP 1 PLAY OFF FINAL WINNERS 2010

#13 hunsok3

hunsok3
  • Players
  • 77 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

Brilliant result for your lads today,enjoy it,this is why we follow our teams through thick and thin,makes it all worthwhile.

#14 paul

paul
  • Players
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

What a great display from 1 to 17 today,Fearing the worst when fev scored,but we were awesome for the rest of the game.Pity the crowd was not as big as i thought. Where are york supporters?Have you all left the city and moved to Leeds,Castleford.If you are a rugby fan you should be making a effort to get to the next home game,because if we have to rely on visting teams bringing a big support to keep the club going we don't deserve a rugby club.

#15 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

Well done York your OWN players were outstanding today you should be proud of them. Bad day for us just hope committee don't listen to some of our fans because they are talking rubbish You lads need to back it up Monday and it will be a good week for YCN well done

#16 Andy Stennett

Andy Stennett
  • Coach
  • 324 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

Well done York, the best team won and deservedly so.

We certainly should be and are better than today's performance but York were certainly worth the victory inall departments today.
Spanish Apartment for Holiday Rental in Spain Visit www.ownersdirect.co.uk
Ref: S8185
Mobile 07738 528178

#17 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

Well done York just proving DR is not the way forward....you out did us in every department; Hope you keep it going (Fev fan..still;)

#18 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

Anyone else see that Melbourne Storm move we put on? And I nearly sh@t myself when Browne nearly got that interception to the end of the match. Great game.

It's time to park the camels.

#19 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

At last some Fev fans who accept defeat graciously, well done lads and thanks, I also thought we handled most of what you threw at us well, yes we had a couple of lucky decisions but so did Fev. great result and a good tough game of rugby, some of your forwards were built like man-mountains,mhwoever think they thought they could simply run through us. Saxton still your stand out player for me, real handful every time he got the ball.

Edited by ANDYPK, 29 March 2013 - 04:50 PM.

Posted Image

#20 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

You played like a top side..many fev fans are feeling a little disappointed just now..but believe me you beat a top side and you played like one;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users