York City Knights 24 - 16 Featherstone Rovers

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

Nice compliment with the injures we have at min every player put there bodies on the line today great game of rugby.

#22 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

It's days like today that shows why rugby league is the best sport in the world

#23 Silverlight

Silverlight
  • Facebook
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

A great effort from all the lads. I feared the worst when I heard about the problems with our props. I thought our light weight pack would be overwhelmed by the Fev heavyweights but they punched well above their weight and didn't give an inch.

#24 Peter G.

Peter G.
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

Thats what us Yorkshire folk like to get, value for money!

WELL DONE KNIGHTS!!!!! :)

#25 jayemm

jayemm
  • Coach
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

Well done to the team today.It had been said that York were going to face a backlash after Fev lost to Sheffield.Well our boys also had something to prove after the showing at Keighley,and I think this result has put this right.York tackled Fev out of the game and Brownys kicking was out of this world.Lets hope the team now have the confidence to go to Barrow and come away with all three points.I would also like to commend the Fev fans I was talking to after the game and accepted defeat graciously,saying the best team won.

#26 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,871 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

Couldnt make the game as im recovering from a small op; on Wednesday, a big well done to every Knights player and we are worthy of being on the same pitch as Fev.

#27 Andy Stennett

Andy Stennett
  • Coach
  • 324 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

Well done again.

So can we look forward to seeing 250 of your obviously fervent and vocal supporters at Fev in the return fixture.?
Spanish Apartment for Holiday Rental in Spain Visit www.ownersdirect.co.uk
Ref: S8185
Mobile 07738 528178

#28 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

An outstanding performance from a depleted team full of courage and commitment ensured that York City Knights pulled off a huge upset in the Kingstone Press Championship with a thoroughly deserved 24-16 win over title favourites Featherstone.

:D
Posted Image

#29 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

We can only hope Mr Stennett , work with a lot of Fev lads , always have good banter with em , gutted I'm rehabbing from a knee opp & not at work for another week or so , both teams made for a real good match today but our lads were immense , so proud of everyone of them , very weakened team & Matty Nicko playing with that knackered shoulder , he deserved the MoM but all were superb
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#30 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

You need to play your weakened team every week and FORGET about DR; This is the only way forward;

#31 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

Would be happy with a fully fit squad tbh Phil , not one were we are wondering who's playing week in week out , then a few more teams may get a bit of a shock !
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#32 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,871 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

You need to play your weakened team every week and FORGET about DR; This is the only way forward;

True Phil Hull played them and they got beat.

#33 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,871 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

How much are the D.V.Ds I couldnt get to the game and I would love to see it?.

#34 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:54 PM

6 quid

#35 tanghaller

tanghaller
  • Coach
  • 215 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

Seen the highlights on facebook already.
The best bit was there big No 15 after Kris Brining went over and got up.

#36 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,871 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

I'll give Ian a ring on Tuesday morning and see when there ready.

Edited by Spanish Knight, 30 March 2013 - 12:06 AM.

#37 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:21 AM

Magnificent performance - I counted two errors all game from the Knights and yet Fev could still have won - three bombed 'tries' ?
Lots of names mentioned and I agree with all of them but my man of the match had to be Jack Aldous and I'll mention two who've not had a name check on here who put in fantastic displays - Ed Smith and Jack Pickles.
I had to give myself a nip at about 5pm - had a late night last night at the boxing and did wonder if I was still asleep and dreaming it all but no - all credit to Gary, Rammo and the lads.

#38 Big Ron

Big Ron
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

Best I've seen us play for 80 mins for a long time.. Nicholson, aldous, both browns.. Hard to single anyone out.. Absolutely buzzing :)

is one of them me sat in the bar lol :D :D

#39 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

Magnificent performance - I counted two errors all game from the Knights and yet Fev could still have won - three bombed 'tries' ?
Lots of names mentioned and I agree with all of them but my man of the match had to be Jack Aldous and I'll mention two who've not had a name check on here who put in fantastic displays - Ed Smith and Jack Pickles.
I had to give myself a nip at about 5pm - had a late night last night at the boxing and did wonder if I was still asleep and dreaming it all but no - all credit to Gary, Rammo and the lads.

Just back from the Lakes, all I can add is well done Andy for mentioning Ed Smith - played full 80mins,
Brining also outstanding, been mentioning these 2 York lads recently because they don't get the credit
they deserve in my opinion (also Ed was my MOM on Monday at Barrow).

#40 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

Shades,

Agree on Ed Smith, another young guy punching above his weight, never shirks a tackle and what a try on Monday, great line and oh how to run on to a great flat pass.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users