Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Radio Cumbria, why?

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#1 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,934 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

Why do Radio Cumbria think that the whole of Cumbria is interested in Carlisle United and what their manager has to say?

After a Town match usually on the way home I have RC on to listen to the coaches comments about the match. Today, came out of the ground got in to the car heard John Walsh's voice for about 10 seconds and then it was Carlisle Utd all the way home and this was on 1458 AM not FM where Carlisle Utd reign supreme. Parked the car at home went straight to my radio and switched it on but no, still talking about Carlisle Utd.

Then the Barrow v Cougars game came on and I thought that at half-time we will hear comments from the Town - Haven game. No, back to the soccer. Second half of Barrow - Cougars and as soon as it finished straight back to Carlisle Utd. Even after the final whistle there we had nothing and to rub insult in to the wounds they went down to the media room to listen to comments from Greg Abbott.

Why do I get the feeling that our games are rated only second best with Radio Cumbria, when there's a soccer match on?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#2 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

we got charlos interview at 5-50pm after all the footy.

#3 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 865 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

What did he say?

#4 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

we won :lol: :lol:
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#5 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

he was happy with the win but not the performance. said too.many ameturish mistakes and we have to.improve that against the better teams. and had wanted us to go for a drop goal when we were near there sticks to demoralise them when we were 16 up

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

That's on field direction from your super leaguers I'm afraid .

#7 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,934 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

we got charlos interview at 5-50pm after all the footy.

Well, I for one wasn't going to listen to an hour of Carlisle Utd and Greg Abbott waiting for ours.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#8 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

Radio Cumbria .... Why ? That says it all in general !!

#9 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

Well, I for one wasn't going to listen to an hour of Carlisle Utd and Greg Abbott waiting for ours.

me neither it was just i was out and about in the car. why couldn't footy be on 104.1 and leave 1458 for RL. its a joke.

#10 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,934 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:37 PM

me neither it was just i was out and about in the car. why couldn't footy be on 104.1 and leave 1458 for RL. its a joke.

Normally 1458 AM when the soccer is on covers Reds & Barrow & Kendal matches but today with two RL matches and a big local derby surely the 1458 AM could have been solely used for RL. I'll bet there was many like me that turned off because it was all Carlisle Utd!!!!!!

#11 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

Any word on the attendance ?

#12 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

1600 ish announced as crowd was leaving

#13 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

2500 from jamland.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#14 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,934 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

Any word on the attendance ?

Sporting Life gives it as 1,648

#15 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

2500 from jamland.

If them lot had won they would have been claiming there was 2500 Haven fans there... :lol:
"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#16 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 960 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

Witnessed Coxy The Clown giving their directors a lot of stick at the end as folk were going out he was having a right go at Nicky and the rest of their duck eggs, it was quite funny to say the least, never mind John lad you could always blame the Ref :lol: :lol: :lol:
PS 6-0 :D :D :D

#17 PLD

PLD
  • Coach
  • 516 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:02 AM

First half of Town game on RC this afternoon then switching to Wendyball from 3pm for the match of the day Barrow v Hyde.

Guessing we get updates for the rest of the afternoon to keep us awake

One plus side is, least we don't have to listen to Coxy c*m in his pants every time JJP or Pora touch the ball.

Edited by PLD, 01 April 2013 - 09:03 AM.

Rugby League must be a great game to survive the fools at the RFL who run it.

#18 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

Is Town commentary online ?

#19 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

I'm on leighlife that bloke said