Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Radio Cumbria, why?

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#121 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

Let's be honest WE should have been beating them by the same sort of score (28 - 12 at the moment) as we were winning 24 - 10 at half-time until silly plays and bad defence kicked in!!!!!

its this word SHOULD that is a real cause for concern, we SHOULD of beaten sheff, we SHOULD of gotten a bp off batley, and we SHOULD be able to compete away from home. but sadly SHOULD wont beat the drop for us.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#122 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

If results stay as they are 3 points will separate the bottom 7, excluding what happens between Batley and Dewsbury which then could mean 4 points separate the bottom 9 if Batley tonk Dews

#123 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,321 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

We have a small squad with guys playing every week in a tough environment . Any new blood would be welcome . We also need that shake up in the halves , the Connor thing is strange . We need a change in mentality , but more than anything we need to iron out all our rough edges we see week after week which makes every game twice as tough as it should be . We didn't make an error in an hour v Donny last year and look what happened , we haven't seen that since . It's not rocket science , do the basics and things become a lot easier . Lots of ifs , but who knows with us . Nothing would surprise you either way it went .Gonna be a roller coaster .

Edited by DavidM, 01 April 2013 - 03:20 PM.

#124 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

the whole matty saga is becoming a tad frustrating to me. about 5 weeks ago we were td he was nearing a return, but since then not a thing. if hes injured again then tell us, if hes fit for keigley then tell us that. just some info for the fans who give there hard earned cash at the gate everyweek.

#125 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,321 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

Yep , but we're kidding ourselves if one player in or out is the issue . It's way deeper . It's the coaching downwards to the attitude the game management and control . It's been a real struggle so far .

Edited by DavidM, 01 April 2013 - 03:29 PM.

#126 topladtownie

topladtownie
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

the whole matty saga is becoming a tad frustrating to me. about 5 weeks ago we were td he was nearing a return, but since then not a thing. if hes injured again then tell us, if hes fit for keigley then tell us that. just some info for the fans who give there hard earned cash at the gate everyweek.

Indeed getting Matty back for the rest of the season is vital. If there is a problem and not
going to be back for a while then need new blood in terms of half back/hooker. While Thacks
returning to last seasons form, would also make a big difference.

#127 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,321 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

Lawton didn't even play for Widnes . Gore was on the bench and they got touched up by 60 . Wigan have knocked 70 in and there's a couple knocking 50 ... Good old Super League .

Edited by DavidM, 01 April 2013 - 03:34 PM.

#128 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,678 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

In the first 20 - 30 minutes on Friday, I thought that our team looked like total strangers with one another and wondered just how much training do they do together as a team? I'm sure the lads who go to watch them training can answer how many we usually get there at any one time.

Personally, I believe that it is this mentality of how important it is to win our home games and just do what we can away from home. Each away game since Swinton in the first match has been the same and it's as if we travel to these games with no prospect of picking up points. That has got to be down to the coaches to motivate the players better or drop those that aren't interested.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#129 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

totally agree keith, if you play for town you should train tuesday,thursdays and saturdays with no excuses with the local lads who do it eveyweek. dosent matter if your coming from perth

#130 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,321 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

We're in a dogfight bigstyle and they all need that drummed into them . Every game we have to turn up and have the right attitude , grass is the same home n away . Every point is vital ... You could stay up by getting a point your not expected to get . Or on points difference so don't get shallacked !
You can't narrow your season to 8 games .

Edited by DavidM, 01 April 2013 - 03:41 PM.

#131 anok4u

anok4u
  • Coach
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

got told he will be back in about 3 week he had a small setback..
go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

#132 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

barrow have now won which moves them level with us worrying times

#133 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,321 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

Well the club would niva tell ya ...

#134 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,321 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

No bad teams , no gimmes from now on . Gotta scrap now .

#135 TOWN TILL I DIE

TOWN TILL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 546 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Swinton & Donny bottom two on 10pts
then us barrow hunslet on 11pts
keighley on 12pts
and york nd haven on 14pts

#136 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,321 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

Points difference relegation ... I can see it for someone . It's gonna keep changing . If you can just get a couple of wins its priceless .

Edited by DavidM, 01 April 2013 - 03:50 PM.

#137 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,791 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

there is very little between the bottom 9 teams and no need to press the panic button yet.

#138 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,678 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

I worry about the damage this is doing to the club as we are averaging 1,021 per game this season which probably is a bit higher than we budgeted for but how long can we achieve that sort of gate if we are going to lose matches so easily away from home. It's alright for us on here as we will be there come what may but the fans we were just starting to win over again look at these away results and shy away from the next home game.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#139 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,678 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

If our directors need any further evidence of how it can all go wrong very suddenly look at Haven's gate today - 569 against a top 4 team. Time for change, methinks.

#140 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,321 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

569 , really ! Gareth Walker wrote about this in general didn't he .

Edited by DavidM, 01 April 2013 - 04:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users