Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

6-0

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

I think in all honesty both sides have got to get out of this west Cumbrian goal fish bowl mentality and see the bigger picture while we're in this league . We're both small fish in a big pond and have got to think less of two games and start being single minded about the bigger picture ... Staying up over 26 games and avoiding what may easily be the utter oblivion of relegation to a dead mans league for us up here . It's great to win derbies and we all love a boast about it ( me to) but boy the smile will be ultimately on the survivors come September . One of the doomed teams could easily be one or both of us , consistency over the whole is needed to make sure it isn't . Watching the Welsh derby should concentrate the mind to our aim !

Edited by DavidM, 03 April 2013 - 06:58 PM.

#22 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

are you 2 trying to take the #### or what i,ll tell you the facts that are wrong on the "unnoficial site"

you beat us 28-8 in 2005 in the return game ged dropped all your kiwis and in front of 3500 fans we put 50 odd past you 1 win
2006 NRC hammered you home and away 3 wins
2007 Again beat you home and away NRC 5 wins
2008 NRC changed just played once and beat you 6 wins
2009 NRC played one again and won again 7 wins

IKE trophy won the first 4 2006,07,08,09 thats 11 wins on the belt end sorry if its bored you or upset yous buts thats how it was hope yous sleep alright tonight and if i remember right you did run us close acouple of times xx

My goodness an havenite who can count, pity you weren't doing the books a few years ago !!!! the period you are talking about were your "so called" glory days, we were probably at our lowest ebb trying to build again after being shackled by administration for quite a number of years. We weren't even in the same division !!!!
So, you went 11 games unbeaten against us and we went 14 against you !!! You never know, those figures could be beaten again, but I cant see 5 in one season being done again, and that's what we should be chuffed about.

#23 Marrafan

Marrafan
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

I think in all honesty both sides have got to get out of this west Cumbrian goal fish bowl mentality and see the bigger picture while we're in this league . We're both small fish in a big pond and have got to think less of two games and start being single minded about the bigger picture ... Staying up over 26 games and avoiding what may easily be the utter oblivion of relegation to a dead mans league for us up here . It's great to win derbies and we all love a boast about it but boy the smile will be ultimately on the survivors come September . One of the doomed teams could easily be one or both of us , consistency over the whole is needed to make sure it isn't .

Well said David, a sensible post at last

#24 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

i,ll tell you the facts that are wrong on the "unnoficial site"

you beat us 28-8 in 2005 in the return game ged dropped all your kiwis and in front of 3500 fans we put 50 odd past you 1 win

IKE trophy won the first 4 2006,07,08,09 thats 11 wins on the belt end sorry if its bored you or upset yous buts thats how it was hope yous sleep alright tonight and if i remember right you did run us close acouple of times xx

wow! we are going to need a bigger boat. that's a whopper bite

#25 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 577 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

wow! we are going to need a bigger boat. that's a whopper bite

No bite marra just boring facts in fact I was sure we played you twice in 2008 NRC but it was only once !!!!!

#26 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

No bite marra just boring facts in fact I was sure we played you twice in 2008 NRC but it was only once !!!!!

whats your username on deludedfans.com marra.

#27 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 577 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

Ha cant tell you that now it,ll spoil the fun

#28 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 577 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:30 PM

well im not one of them thats got a slight obsession with town in fact ive hardly ever slagged town off and im on quite a bit :)

#29 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

Haven for ever bkm donald lol
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#30 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 577 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:24 PM

Haven for ever bkm donald lol

thats slander bomber youll be getting banned again marra ha

#31 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

i,ll tell you the facts that are wrong on the "unnoficial site"

Ha ha calm down me dear, yeah I was just having a bit of fun Donald......Sorry pal but you really shouldn't get so touchy as you will have a bad turn!! . I remember all too well every one of those defeats. We were in a god awful mess for quite a few years, so it's good to see competitive games again as when you lot were tonking us it was like you lot were almost embarrassed for us, I hardly used to get even any stick at work!
A few of your lot have suddenly started appearing on this site again after the Seagulls defeat stirring the pot ( and even a sour tasting accusation). The fact is the bottom team may be 6th in two months it is that close. So it's a bit early to start crowing about being in 6th place even if it was a good result. The way Haven played at DP proves that the difference between abject defeat and victory is very small. Whilst I enjoyed the result at DP, our performances are not good enough for me to have any false confidence of where we will finish. I think we should be good enough to stay up but at the minute you can throw a blanket over 9 teams with any two could go down. It may be down to a few injuries that could spell disaster come the sharp end of the season.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#32 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 577 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

Ha ha calm down me dear, yeah I was just having a bit of fun Donald......Sorry pal but you really shouldn't get so touchy as you will have a bad turn!! . I remember all too well every one of those defeats. We were in a god awful mess for quite a few years, so it's good to see competitive games again as when you lot were tonking us it was like you lot were almost embarrassed for us, I hardly used to get even any stick at work!
A few of your lot have suddenly started appearing on this site again after the Seagulls defeat stirring the pot ( and even a sour tasting accusation). The fact is the bottom team may be 6th in two months it is that close. So it's a bit early to start crowing about being in 6th place even if it was a good result. The way Haven played at DP proves that the difference between abject defeat and victory is very small. Whilst I enjoyed the result at DP, our performances are not good enough for me to have any false confidence of where we will finish. I think we should be good enough to stay up but at the minute you can throw a blanket over 9 teams with any two could go down. It may be down to a few injuries that could spell disaster come the sharp end of the season.

your right there marra how were 6th is beyond me but the odds are after the next round of games our places will change again odds are batley do us you do keighley theres the 3 points back again its a funny league though you never know what might happen from game to game