6. Rhys Hanbury
7. Michael Dobson
8. Mark O'Meley
9. Michael Monaghan
10. Josh Perry
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Corey Paterson
13. Steve Menzies

Edited by Viking Ste, 29 March 2013 - 07:25 PM.

#2 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:32 PM

If anything demonstrated the poor calibre of modern antipodean imports it is that team. Better off, in every way, playing Wales.
Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#3 Viking Ste

Viking Ste
  • Coach
  • 246 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

If anything demonstrated the poor calibre of modern antipodean imports it is that team. Better off, in every way, playing Wales.

I know, struggled with the 3/4's, but good depth in the forwards!

#4 Mushy

Mushy
  • Coach
  • 309 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

Two men of steel in that back line so hardly rubbish. Add to the squad Puletua, Manu, Holdsworth, Kaufusi, Gower, Taia, etc. makes them pretty useful to me and capable of giving England a good hard game. Having seen City vs Country a few times I reckon the Exiles are not far off that level actually.

#5 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,160 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

1. Brett Hodgson
2. Joel Monaghan
3. Joel Moon
4. Daryl Millard
5. Pat Richards
6. Rhys Hanbury
7. Michael Dobson
8. Mark O'Meley
9. Michael Monaghan
10. Josh Perry
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Corey Paterson
13. Steve Menzies

Psst. I'd watch this years Super League if I were you... ;)

(and no, this isn't a ##### cos there is no Brett Kearney, quite frankly I'd be happy for everyone else to play and we have the week off)

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#6 Viking Ste

Viking Ste
  • Coach
  • 246 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

Psst. I'd watch this years Super League if I were you... ;)

(and no, this isn't a ##### cos there is no Brett Kearney, quite frankly I'd be happy for everyone else to play and we have the week off)

Brett Kearney for Hodgson??

#7 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,160 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

Brett Kearney for Hodgson??

Katy Perry for Josh Perry.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#8 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,160 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

... but yes, on form this season I think from Bradford Kearney, Sammut and Manoukafoa are deserving of a place.

edit: perhaps it sounded a little derisory when you clearly outlined it was your exiles team.

Edited by hindle xiii, 29 March 2013 - 10:45 PM.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#9 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,258 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:48 AM

I'd go.

Brett Kearney
Joel Monaghan
Joel Moon
Daryl Millard
Pat Richards
Jarrod Sammut
Michael Dobson
Mark O Meeley
Michael Monaghan
Manoukafoa
Trent Waterhouse
Corey Paterson
Steve Menzies

Willie Manu
Sia Soliola
Anthony Laffranchi
Brett Delaney

England I'd go:

Sam Tomkins
Josh Charnley
Darrel Goulding
Kallum Watkins
Ryan Hall
Danny Brough
Matty Smith
Eorl Crabtree
James Roby
Andy Lynch
Ben Westwood
Gareth Ellis
Sean O Loughlin

Rob Burrow
Alex Walmsley
Chris Hill
Liam Farrel

I'd predict an England win by 10.

I know neither of my sides would be picked mind but would be interesting to see. I'd be tempted to swap the likes of Ryan Hall for Keiron Dixon and maybe give the likes of John Bateman, Jack Hughes, Danny Houghton, Joe Westerman, Elliot Whitehead and Jermaine Mcgilvary a go. Just see how they go. We know what we're going to get from Tomkins and Hall ect.

Exiles side isn't a bad side.

#10 petero

petero
  • Coach
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

I'd go.

Brett Kearney
Joel Monaghan
Joel Moon
Daryl Millard
Pat Richards
Jarrod Sammut
Michael Dobson
Mark O Meeley
Michael Monaghan
Manoukafoa
Trent Waterhouse
Corey Paterson
Steve Menzies

Willie Manu
Sia Soliola
Anthony Laffranchi
Brett Delaney

England I'd go:

Sam Tomkins
Josh Charnley
Darrel Goulding
Kallum Watkins
Ryan Hall
Danny Brough
Matty Smith
Eorl Crabtree
James Roby
Andy Lynch
Ben Westwood
Gareth Ellis
Sean O Loughlin

Rob Burrow
Alex Walmsley
Chris Hill
Liam Farrel

I'd predict an England win by 10.

I know neither of my sides would be picked mind but would be interesting to see. I'd be tempted to swap the likes of Ryan Hall for Keiron Dixon and maybe give the likes of John Bateman, Jack Hughes, Danny Houghton, Joe Westerman, Elliot Whitehead and Jermaine Mcgilvary a go. Just see how they go. We know what we're going to get from Tomkins and Hall ect.

Exiles side isn't a bad side.

Glad to see that you have picked out Elliot Whitehead there. I have onlt watched him on TV but each time I have done so he has been damn impressive and I would not be surprised to see him drafted into the England set-up should he and Bradford have a successful season. I thought that on thursday evening he was easily the best threequarter on view bot in a defensive mode as well as with ball in hand.
He really could be the springer England are seeking in what is possibly the most difficult position to fill presently, should he keep on with his impressive improvement.

#11 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,160 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

Whitehead misses too many tackles, once this is sorted then he should come in to contention. But only in the second row.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#12 petero

petero
  • Coach
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

Whitehead misses too many tackles, once this is sorted then he should come in to contention. But only in the second row.

Your the Bulls fan so I bow to that but, I did not see him miss many tackles on Thursday and would contend that; as good as he is at running with the ball; Watkins misses far more tackles than I have yet to see Whitehead do?

I do not envisage him getting a second row spot. There are too many contenders with almost certainly better credentials presently.
But the centre position must be up for grabs as not one of the favoured is breaking any pots, consequently I believe that a player who can break through in the summer as having the qualities to make a fist of it in that position, does have the chance to do so and going off what I have seen myself I would put Whitehead in with a definite chance. Depending on how his and Bradford's form holds up.

#13 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,258 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

Is he quick enough for centre? Also if he'd of ran to meet peacock rather than waiting for him to run at him he may of prevented him from getting over the line on thursday. Apart from that he was pretty spot on though. I agree second row is something England have a lot of strength in depth in with Ellis, Westwood, Hock the obvious 3 choices with O Loughlin and Sam Burgess both more than capable of playing there. Then you''ve got the likes of Whitehead, Bateman, Hughes, Farrel and Westerman all developing at a very fast pace so there is a lot of competition in there.

Watkins does need to work on his defence but his attacking play is something which will actually give the Aussies something to think about.

#14 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,160 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

Your the Bulls fan so I bow to that but, I did not see him miss many tackles on Thursday and would contend that; as good as he is at running with the ball; Watkins misses far more tackles than I have yet to see Whitehead do?

I do not envisage him getting a second row spot. There are too many contenders with almost certainly better credentials presently.
But the centre position must be up for grabs as not one of the favoured is breaking any pots, consequently I believe that a player who can break through in the summer as having the qualities to make a fist of it in that position, does have the chance to do so and going off what I have seen myself I would put Whitehead in with a definite chance. Depending on how his and Bradford's form holds up.

I don't want to bash you down with stats, more put meat on the bones, Whitehead is currently second in the missed tackle stats with 27 (behind his team mate Danny Addy). He also is only used at Bradford as a back-up centre, when injuries occur. On Thursday he was at right second row with Purtell and Kear as the centre/wing partnership on that side.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#15 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

1.kearny
2.monaghan
3.moon
4.Millard
5.richards
6.hodgson