RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

batley score

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

Todays huns team would put 100 on the team from your day!

Ps Gobby. Batley's potts is the fastest in player in the championship

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#22 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

-- did you notice that apart from Dewsbury and ourselves EVERY team in the Championship picked up points-- with the away games at Featherstone, Leigh, Halifax and Batley out of the way we need to get points from every game..
a funny division to predict-- from what we saw how did Barrow score 30 points at Leigh- getting a bonus point. and Doncaster get a bonus point at Sheffield.-- how did York go to Keighley and get beat by over 30 points, and their next game beat Featherstone ?

#23 Sir Jekyll Stocking

Sir Jekyll Stocking
  • Coach
  • 876 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:03 AM

Bang on the money LD, thought they were well worth a BP tonight. It felt like an injustice when we snatched it away on the hooter TBH they didn't deserve that.

Sorry, I have to disagree on that one. Hunslet played well downhill in the first half, but lost the plot in the second. Too many mistakes.
Batley, too, made a lot of errors, but on balance I think the score line was fair.
It's surely telling that in most of their recent games Batley have scored tries right at the end of games. Their fitness is such that they can compete for the full eighty minutes.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

#24 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 836 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

When I come on here every week to post a few post-match comments, I am always careful not to pass too much comment on the performance of the officials. Instead of offering a balanced view, it can end up appearing insular, one-eyed and often ridiculous.

After last night's match however, I find this very difficult ... but here goes ...

A lively performance on another bitterly cold night, perhaps too lively on occasions as we certainly contributed to our own downfall with several knock-ons in our own half. With a bit more control at times, the game seemed there for the taking. Agree with the comments about Grimshaw's first half break, and the Chisholm "try" on half-time.

But the key point for me came at about the 70 minute mark, when despite everything that had gone on, we were still in the game at 16-12 and eventually got the ball for a set of six in the Batley half. Again we broke left with Grimshaw and he had Welham (and Chisholm) in support. It was a difficult pass but it went to ground and with it went our chances - you could just tell at that point that it wasn't going to be our night.

Good defensive performance though, Haigh especially getting through mountains of work in his time on the field and a successful recall for Pryce who was excellent on the wing (and coming inside).

The referee (######, I've mentioned him!) set his stall out on our first attack when Welham got over the line ... but he called him back and gave US the penalty !! (Is this EVER justified?). Let's just say he didn't improve as the match went on.

Finally, well done and thanks to all those at Batley who helped get the pitch fit for play.

#25 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

When I come on here every week to post a few post-match comments, I am always careful not to pass too much comment on the performance of the officials. Instead of offering a balanced view, it can end up appearing insular, one-eyed and often ridiculous.

After last night's match however, I find this very difficult ... but here goes ...

A lively performance on another bitterly cold night, perhaps too lively on occasions as we certainly contributed to our own downfall with several knock-ons in our own half. With a bit more control at times, the game seemed there for the taking. Agree with the comments about Grimshaw's first half break, and the Chisholm "try" on half-time.

But the key point for me came at about the 70 minute mark, when despite everything that had gone on, we were still in the game at 16-12 and eventually got the ball for a set of six in the Batley half. Again we broke left with Grimshaw and he had Welham (and Chisholm) in support. It was a difficult pass but it went to ground and with it went our chances - you could just tell at that point that it wasn't going to be our night.

Good defensive performance though, Haigh especially getting through mountains of work in his time on the field and a successful recall for Pryce who was excellent on the wing (and coming inside).

The referee (######, I've mentioned him!) set his stall out on our first attack when Welham got over the line ... but he called him back and gave US the penalty !! (Is this EVER justified?). Let's just say he didn't improve as the match went on.

Finally, well done and thanks to all those at Batley who helped get the pitch fit for play.

Think thats a very fair post definately the turning point of the game that bombed move by the hawks.

Good luck for the rest of the season until we come calling, I do however think you rely on the DR boys a bit too much.

#26 Pride & Heritage

Pride & Heritage
  • Coach
  • 464 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

Sorry, I have to disagree on that one. Hunslet played well downhill in the first half, but lost the plot in the second. Too many mistakes.
Batley, too, made a lot of errors, but on balance I think the score line was fair.
It's surely telling that in most of their recent games Batley have scored tries right at the end of games. Their fitness is such that they can compete for the full eighty minutes.

NP SJS, I guess we all see things differently, (some of the Rhino's second team supporters thought the ref was to blame, for goodness sake get a grip), however, I thought they controlled the ball better than us for long periods of the game. When will we learn to respect the ball and cut out the suicidal passes that have a 1 in 20 million chance of coming off?

I reckon Hunslet completed more sets than we did, and if it wasn't for that idiot March conceding penalties when they had the ball it would have been a different outcome. He was probably the difference between them winning and losing the bonus point last night.

I tend to agree with the post elsewhere about the pass to Chisholm, had that stuck the game may have been very different as well. I thought their defense was very good and Baz has them really well drilled, we never really looked like opening them up, most if not all of our points came from barging over near their line.

Edited by Pride & Heritage, 30 March 2013 - 10:07 PM.

#27 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:51 AM

Highlights here, fair to say Chisholm try should have been allowed.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users